+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    No it's not fair. But it's biology. We carry by virtue of this, we as women don't choose that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I feel for some of the fathers that aren't allowed to be part of their babies lives... It must be awful ... I could never do that to any man...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last edited by dee1; 20-02-2014 at 20:40.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Does a woman have to terminate? No.
    Does a man who didn't want the child have to be a part of that child's life if the woman chose to not terminate? No.

This is my reasoning for FOB and me.

Also if she has the baby and gives it up for adoption even though the dad wants the baby? Wrong. Horrible.

Sent from my talky stick with a minion glued to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If she doesn't want to carry the baby and terminate her choice. If she decides she doesn't want to terminate and keep the baby her choice, if dad wants to be involved his choice. If she wants to carry the baby but give it up for adoption then the father should have the right to keep the baby and raise it on his own.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mummtime101 For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    Does a woman have to terminate? No.
    Does a man who didn't want the child have to be a part of that child's life if the woman chose to not terminate? No.

This is my reasoning for FOB and me.

Also if she has the baby and gives it up for adoption even though the dad wants the baby? Wrong. Horrible.

Sent from my talky stick with a minion glued to me.
    The father does have to be a part of the child's life whether he chooses to or not- he is financially responsible until that child turns 18 or leaves full time education- so even if he chooses to have no physical contact with the child he is still financially responsible forever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is her decision to make, it's her body. But once the baby is born, if she gives it up and the biological father wants the baby then absolutely he should be given the baby to raise himself. Once she gives up the baby, it's out of her hands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by dee1; 20-02-2014 at 20:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dee1 View Post
    And I kind of feel that it can be unfair on the child too, if the father wants no contact and the child knows that, isn't that unfair on the child?

Married to my soul mate, Mummy to one beautiful little girl, wishing for a little boy to complete our family.
    Yup it is unfair on the child too. My husband stepped up and has always been there for his daughter and tried as hard as he could to have a successful relationship with the mother but at the end of the day he admits he wasn't ready for a family or a baby with a person he barely knew but he was raised to do the right thing.....
    He still has regular access and child support is paid before any other bill however that is because of who he is- he could have closed to walk away which isn't fair on the child but the mother had made a choice to fall pregnant without discussing the idea/timing with the male participant.
    I think in this area men have lots of responsibility and very little rights. Sadly children are also caught up in this and women have all the rights- the right to fall pregnant, the right to terminate/continue the pregnancy and the right to decide access to the child involved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A man has the option to walk away from being involved in a child's life. A woman has the option to walk away from a pregnancy and stop there being a child to walk away from. I feel, it's equal on both parties.

However, if a woman decides to keep the baby, should the man then not help to provide, financially, towards the child, in order for the child to be provided for? The man may choose to have no part in the child's life, but he still helped to create that life, and so therefore, shouldn't he be financially responsible?

And let's not pretend that it's just men here who are financially responsible. If a mother decides to leave her child/ren in the care of their father, she too, is financially responsible. So whilst it may not be as common, the system is still fair in that regards.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (28-11-2013),MissMuppet  (28-11-2013),Stiflers Mom  (28-11-2013)