+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can I ask the question if tables were turned and the father desperately wanted the baby but the woman didn't should he have the right to refuse to allow her to terminate- after all the baby she is terminating is as much his as it is hers......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meags82 View Post
    Is it fair that some girls go out with the intention of picking up a guy with a good job just to get pregnant with no expectation of being honest about their intentions and no intention of being in a relationship with the babies father. Even as a woman I find the idea that women do this appalling but it happens- yes it happens.
    It's totally unfair and an awful way trap a man. However if a man doesn't want to have a baby, wear a condom or don't have sex with women you can't trust.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I ask the question if tables were turned and the father desperately wanted the baby but the woman didn't should he have the right to refuse to allow her to terminate- after all the baby she is terminating is as much his as it is hers......
    No way ! It's the woman's body so ultimately her decision.

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not fair..... My husband is paying for a child conceived in a very short relationship- she told him she was on the pill, was allergic to condoms. Voila pregnant.... Was he stupid for believing her- hell yes- do we live with the financial ramifications every day of that stupidity- hell yes. Did she later admit "I was only taking the pill every 4-5th day and wanted a baby"- yes. So an act of stupidity at 23 means he lives with those consequences forever- was he ready for a baby- hell no but did he have any choice- no. Tell your sons- do not believe any girl who claims she is on the pill etc- if the condoms not on then it's not on.
    Agree. Many women "trap " men and lie about being on the pill, etc.

Women hold the right but they also hold the repsonsibility to use contraception and be honest with their sexual partner..because as everyone says..it is the woman who has the choice to have a baby or not.

I dont think its fair on the father either way.

personally i wouldnt want to bring up a child not wanted by either the father or the mother its not fair on the child

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by MrsHoward; 28-11-2013 at 08:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is not his body to refuse a medical procedure for.

I understand that situation would be absolutely devastating for him, but no woman should be forced to carry a baby just because the father wants the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be very surprised that a judge wouldn't give parental to a biological father in an adoption situation.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Of course not! As per my previous post, it is absolutely, without a doubt, the woman's final say over what happens to her body and the potential life growing inside of it.

You cannot force a woman to birth against her will, think of the emotional and physical trauma it would put her through! A pregnancy takes a pretty big toll on a woman's body both physically and emotionally, as does childbirth. To force someone to go through that against her will, horrific.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by dee1; 20-02-2014 at 20:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dee1 View Post
    But wouldn't it be the same for a father? Why should a father be forced to be a father if he doesn't want to? Why should a father lose a child when he doesn't want to? While I agree that it's the woman's body... But after the pregnancy and birth? The baby doesn't HAVE to be with the mother, there is other alternatives such as formula, etc. I'm not saying I agree or disagree, but just opening this up for discussion.

Married to my soul mate, Mummy to one beautiful little girl, wishing for a little boy to complete our family.
    Well, when a man can fall pregnant, and have to go through all the ordeal of pregnancy and birth, then he can have the choice.

Until then, men know very well that sex causes a baby. If you don't want a baby, you don't have sex, or you take every measure possible to avoid a pregnancy. If a pregnancy occurs, and you were a willing participant of sexual intercourse, and the woman decides to keep the baby, then you need to contribute financially to that baby. That baby was created by TWO people. Two people who KNEW that sex can result in pregnancy.

If a woman is choosing to partake in sexual intercourse, and is taking every avenue possible to not fall pregnant, but it happens anyway, she has, thankfully, the measures to end that pregnancy. It is her body that is impacted by a pregnancy and her life impacted by a baby - more than just financially. If she wishes to end that pregnancy, but the father doesn't, well, unfortunately, there's nothing that he can do except seek counselling.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (28-11-2013),FiveInTheBed  (28-11-2013),Gandalf  (28-11-2013),HarvestMoon  (28-11-2013),KaraB  (28-11-2013),Stiflers Mom  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a really tough subject. For every deadbeat father out there (and there are many sadly), there are also wonderful men who are desperate to be fathers.

I agree it's the woman's body and any medical procedure undertaken is her decision alone to make. But I really feel for fathers who don't agree with terminating. It could be their last chance at becoming a Dad for example.

In the case of the adoption, if that's actually true, I would say that's terribly unfair for the father. He should have been given the option of full custody first. A child has ever right to be with their bio parents whenever suitable.