+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    A question for those lefties here - my DD gets her pen licence next year and I don't want her smudging. Are there certain types of pens that you all use that dry quick? or did you adapt your writing style?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I adapted my writing style for this reason and put my book on more and more of an angle. .... now it is pretty much at right angles to me when I'm writing. But I'm not a freak, contrary to some of the looks and comments I get.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I feel bad, I bought DD a spiralled notebook for her homework bc it has a pretty plastic cover that is durable. Being a right hander myself, and in the January stationary rush forgot how crap they are for lefties every time she does her homework it's muuuuum why did you buy this notebook. you knoooow it annoys me. opps lol

note to self, for next year just get the normal basic notebooks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    A question for those lefties here - my DD gets her pen licence next year and I don't want her smudging. Are there certain types of pens that you all use that dry quick? or did you adapt your writing style?
    A bit of both for me! Now as an adult I can write no problem without smudging and can actually write better with wet ink (rollerball type) pens better than ball point pens. I did adapt my writing style though but even now a fountain pen would not be my writing tool of choice! I actually often get complimented on my nice hand writing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh and I write my "ticks" back to front as it's easier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm a leftie and I actually think it has made me more adaptable and helped me to develop good problem solving skills. For example, I wanted to learn to crochet when I was younger (about 8-10 years old) but mum didn't know how to teach me because she's right handed. So I sat and watched her and adapted how she did it to suit my left handedness. I don't hold my hands the same way as others when I crochet (left and right handed) and don't tie my shoes in the same way, but I think it's pretty cool that I learnt at such a young age to adapt to the right handed world as a leftie.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (29-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 2 brothers and I are all lefties. When we write we kind of curl our hand right round and hold it up off the page a bit so it doesn't smudge - crap description I know.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think maybe I lift my hand a bit when I write because the only ink I smudge are those gel coloured pens. I can use basically any other pen with no issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I found I had a few favourite pens that didn't smudge, I think it was papermate or something. Do not get gel pens, they are the worst! Also you can angle the book so your hand isn't on top of the word, it makes you hold the pen a bit differently though and I don't know if they'd encourage it in primary.

I love being a leftie! The only thing I've found annoying is during sport everyone teaches the right handed way and because of this I've become a bit ambidextrous for things like badminton/table tennis. I get confused which hand I want to use and am terrible at it until I swap a few times and then I'm fine.

With ring binders I just took the paper out whilst writing on it then clipped it back in when finished. I had one for my senior years and all of my notes were loose paper.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Loving all these BH lefties coming out of the woodwork. Who knew there were so many of us?

Re: pens - I've not had a problem for a long, long time. It's only fountain pens that cause a problem for me, which broke my heart when I was little because I wanted to be a calligrapher? calligraphist?...wanted to do pretty writing with fountain pens :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dd has always favoured her left hand at a four she is left handed,

there's nothing wrong with it,

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sandy_1902 For This Useful Post: