+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    She's right, it could have been avoided- had she taught her child that stealing is not ok and that tantrums don't get you everything you want. Sheesh.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (29-11-2013),Cicho  (29-11-2013),mummytomy2boysxxx  (29-11-2013),~BEXTER~  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow, unless something changes, she is so going to regret this one day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sometimes I feel like all I do is say no. My DS took a little dinosaur from daycare once, I did not realise till I was unpacking his bag. We had a big talk about what belongs to us and others and we made him give up back to the centre director and apologise. He has not brought anything home since.

My kids throw tantrums when I say no sometimes and occasionally it's embarrassing etc. but hey, parenting is a rough, tough and embarrassing gig some days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodness that child needs a serious dose of no!

My DD came home from daycare wearing a cars watch, didn't look particularly cheap either. She was adamant that a kids mum had brought them in for everyone in her class for the kids birthday. My DD isn't one to tell porkies but I though here we go, this is the start. I made her take it back the next day and stand with me while I spoke to the room leader. Turns out DD was right and they were presents but I'd rather know for sure than be the mother of the kleptomaniac in the room!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! Poor kid really, it's just lazy parenting on mums behalf.

It's tough toughing out the no's and standing your ground, it's like warfare but the alternative is this kid!

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hhaha omg that kid sounds like my littlest - in that she wants everything!!! She hears no a lot though haha and in turn I get treated to spectacular, epic, mind blowing tanties!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Sounds like a crap mother who needs parenting classes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes let's spend out time ensuring our children avoid hearing no, having tantrums or developing as considerate people.

What an idiot. Good luck lady!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    This sounds like my ds. Every time we go to leave playgroup he tries to leave with some cars. I make him put them back and explain they aren't his ect, the biggest tantrum follows. Usually I say my goodbyes first because the screaming prevents it.

He doesn't get his own way all the time, he is 2 and doesn't understand.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Playing devil's advocate.......maybe the mother was having a bad day and was at the end of her rope and was trying to get on her way with the minimum of fuss. Maybe she intended to strip the toys out of his pockets & return them the next day but didn't express her intentions well due to her stress levels

Or....maybe she's just a monster