+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Insanity. It reminded me of (for Simpsons fans ) the kid on The Simpsons who always gets what he wants, his mother is always apologetic towards him and he treats her like garbage... not main characters.. In the episode where Bart wants the Bonestorm game, lol.
    But seriously, it's just terrible. I wanted to shake her but you just have to refrain in those situations.

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".
    "That boy's parents must have made some terrible mistakes".

"SHUT UP, MOM!"

Seriously, her child needs to learn that they can't have their own way all the time. And of course, that stealing is wrong!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

harvs  (28-11-2013),Mahjong  (28-11-2013),Sariele  (28-11-2013),~Marigold~  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My poor poor children. Life is about not always getting what you want..... How many toys would play group have left if each child took a toy per session..... I pity this mother when she is collecting her delinquent 15 year old from the police station for stealing- after all he will have no idea it's wrong

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Unbelievable! I am one of those parents that pretty much frisk my dd before we go home - its amazing what i find in her pockets. I dont think she does it on purpose things just get stuffed in there through the day. I dont get any tantrums thank god!

The leader did say she was happy for me to take home the worm i found in there yesterday.... ewwwwwwwwwwww!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Some kids don't hear the word NO nearly as much as they should. This kid is an obvious example of this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Would love to hear your thoughts on this one...
    The playgroup leader at my work was packing up and clearing away toys when she noticed a little boy stuffing his pockets with toy cars. She told him that he wasn't allowed to take them home to which his mother replied "I think he should just keep them."
    The staff member was taken aback and tried explaining that she needed to use the cars for her next group but the mum refused, saying, matter of factly, "if I take them off him he will throw a tantrum".
    The leader said, "So what? Sorry but he can't have them".
    The mum, who seemed surprised and annoyed, then relented and asked him to put them back. The child, obviously not used to not getting his own way, angrily threw the cars across the room (he did leave one in his pocket, though!) and the mum just shook her head at the playgroup leader and said "see? This could have been avoided!" before leaving in a huff.

What on earth is this teaching him? That he is entitled to everything and anything? That there is no such thing as disappointment in life?
    I was stunned
    Omg WHAT?!?! What a spoilt brat and the mothers behavior is just nuts! She is just setting him up to expect never to be told no :O

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow. Good luck trying that excuse with the police when your 16 year old steals from the shops mum. I can just see it now - "But mum says I can just take whatever I want and no one's allowed to stop me!" Um, no.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What the??!!
    We'll see her in ten yrs crying on a current affair cause her kid pinched a car because he wanted to, crashed and killed someone... To which she'll say 'I just don't know why? I gave him everything he ever wanted...'

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kezty For This Useful Post:

beebs  (28-11-2013),Fox in Sox  (28-11-2013),gizmoduckus  (30-11-2013),KaraB  (28-11-2013),~BEXTER~  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    opps wrong thread lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear. Way to set your child up for a life of anti social behavior!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    According to her theory I'm a bad parent. DS is told 'no' on a daily basis. A couple of weeks ago at the shops he asked if he could have some Trash Packs to which I said the usual 'not today I can't really afford it'. Then he wanted a chocolate and I said 'no'. 'Fine. I'm not moving until I get something!'. I walked off and left him there. I'd just gone around into the next isle and he come around apologising because he knew his tantrum was out of line.

Seems lile in a few year time her child will just be pocketing the first toy and a chocolate too. I know which sort of parent I'd rather be.

Sent from my pho....oh who am I kidding. It's rarely used as a phone