+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    Nor would I find it reasonable to have the same response if your child, raised in a christian household, heard another kid say that god wasn't real.
    Just to clarify, I'm staunchly atheist lol I just cringed reading my child being raised in a christian family I worded it badly so my fault not yours. But my point still stands - as a parent that thinks god and religion is a lot of made up stories, much like santa, I would be cross if my kids (who know I'm atheist) tried to tell a religious child god doesn't exist. Bc that would be disrespectful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    Msmummy why didn't u take the chance to tell him the truth instead of making up a lie. Your son sounds intelligent enough to have figured it out already. ..won't it be awkward when he asks u later why u lied?
    Seriously? He's 5. Let kids be kids. They don't NEED to know life's truths. Let them enjoy a fictional character. I'm sure my daughter will doubt Santa heaps, I'm not going to turn around and say.. Yes you're right, he's not real. I want to encourage her to believe for as long as I can... Those who believe, receive

Married to my soul mate, Mummy to one beautiful little girl, wishing for a little boy to complete our family.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dee1 For This Useful Post:

sweetpeamummy  (27-11-2013),tootsiegirl  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And to add.. My brother and sister found out that Santa wasn't real at a very young age from our neighbour. My mum always went to great lengths to put on Santa and she was so upset when it was ruined for my brother and sister.

My neighbours mum thought it was funny and didn't care that we made a big deal out of Santa in our household, because they didn't. She never told him to stop and my siblings missed out on experiencing Santa because of that.

My mum was really upset and disappointed. Just because you may not place importance on something, doesn't mean others don't.

Married to my soul mate, Mummy to one beautiful little girl, wishing for a little boy to complete our family.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dee1 For This Useful Post:

bini86  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dee1 View Post
    Seriously? He's 5. Let kids be kids. They don't NEED to know life's truths. Let them enjoy a fictional character. I'm sure my daughter will doubt Santa heaps, I'm not going to turn around and say.. Yes you're right, he's not real. I want to encourage her to believe for as long as I can... Those who believe, receive

Yes he's a kid but obviously an Intelligent one at that. The op didn't mention that her son was getting upset at the possibility of santa not being real. I just dont get why u wouldn't tell ur kid the truth when they asked themselves. And if we go by your 1st sentence then anewme's kid did nothing wrong...he was just being a kid right? Anyone saying he shouldn't ruin it for other kids...well their comment would then be obsolete.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes he's a kid but obviously an Intelligent one at that. The op didn't mention that her son was getting upset at the possibility of santa not being real. I just dont get why u wouldn't tell ur kid the truth when they asked themselves. And if we go by your 1st sentence then anewme's kid did nothing wrong...he was just being a kid right? Anyone saying he shouldn't ruin it for other kids...well their comment would then be obsolete.
    What exactly is your view point? I couldn't find any comments? You have only expressed that a child who questions Santa is intelligent and should be told right there and then that Santa is a lie.

When I say let kids be kids, I mean let them have an imagination, let them believe in things that aren't real, let them have imaginary friends, etc. Not, let kids do what they want and say what they want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't commented about the topic. Probably overused the word intelligent. ..need to be careful cause then ppl will over quote it. I just find it strange you wouldn't tell ur child the truth if they already figured it out. Thats all.

If my son questioned me about something he overheard against something we believed in then I'd just tell him everyone believes different things and to ignore it because there are ppl out there that believe differently than us. It's not the end of the world or his innocence.

And seriously who tells off a 5 yr old for singing like that? It's none of her business what anewme's son was saying to his brother.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't commented about the topic. Probably overused the word intelligent. ..need to be careful cause then ppl will over quote it. I just find it strange you wouldn't tell ur child the truth if they already figured it out. Thats all.

If my son questioned me about something he overheard against something we believed in then I'd just tell him everyone believes different things and to ignore it because there are ppl out there that believe differently than us. It's not the end of the world or his innocence.

And seriously who tells off a 5 yr old for singing like that? It's none of her business what anewme's son was saying to his brother.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    The thing is, I really don't think that a 5 year old would have 'figured it out', I think it would be a) curiosity or b) hearing it from another kid (one singing in a shopping centre - haha just joking op!)

I think as parents we should fuel our kids imaginations, not ruin it by giving them 'home truths' everytime they question something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    The thing is, I really don't think that a 5 year old would have 'figured it out', I think it would be a) curiosity or b) hearing it from another kid (one singing in a shopping centre - haha just joking op!)

I think as parents we should fuel our kids imaginations, not ruin it by giving them 'home truths' everytime they question something.

Honestly as my of 6 kids 5 over 5yrs old. Most kids have worked it out by then.

I refuse to lie to my kids about a story made just to sell things.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (30-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Honestly as my of 6 kids 5 over 5yrs old. Most kids have worked it out by then.

I refuse to lie to my kids about a story made just to sell things.
    And that's your personal choice, but doesn't give you or your children the right to ruin it for others who chose to.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dee1 For This Useful Post:

bini86  (28-11-2013),Meld85  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    And that's your personal choice, but doesn't give you or your children the right to ruin it for others who chose to.

What the...
    What is you problem?

NO ONE has gone out of there way to ruin it for anyone else. A rude lady over stepped her boundaries and ruined a great day for my family.

My child was the one left in tears for speaking the truth.

What the hell does that teach him. Speaking the truth and being nice to his brother gets you yelled at.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

beebs  (28-11-2013),Elijahs Mum  (28-11-2013),ElizaDoLittle  (28-11-2013),MilkingMaid  (30-12-2013),MissMuppet  (28-11-2013),OurLittleBlessing  (28-11-2013),SAgirl  (28-11-2013)