+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Oh dear..

Sorry but that's slightly different! Santa never existed, in the way kids believe it, no matter what you name him.

Australia, no matter what name, is still REAL. It's land you can see, touch, smell etc. you cannot see, touch and smell Santa - unless he's just the guy dressed up at the mall. But the way kids believe in him, like the guy flying in the air with his reindeers and delivering gifts his elves made in the North Pole - is not real. And u cannot touch see or smell him!

Different.
    No, the same. Exactly the same. The land we call Australia is just land. Just like the dude at the shopping centre is just a dude.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (28-11-2013),Pina Colada  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mods can I please nominate this thread for the 'most bizarre thread' of 2013, now please?... before I forget.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

beebs  (28-11-2013),btmacxxx  (28-11-2013),KillerHeels  (28-11-2013),MissMuppet  (28-11-2013),Mokeybear  (28-11-2013),OurLittleBlessing  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    damn that gravity being a man made construct!

Please don't burst my bubble on that one!! ...I don't really want to float away!

*I believe in gravity, I believe in gravity, I believe in gravity*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    ..are you gonna be cool with that dressed up dude you met today - peeking through your windows to spy on the behaviour of your children and letting himself into your house on December 24th?

This made me truly laugh out loud. Good point. You know if a strange man (or woman) broke into my house and left presents in my children's room I'm pretty sure I'd be massively freaked out and call the police to report a stalker.

Hmmm, I can see a Chaser type skit in my head where they dress up as Santa, break into people's homes and leave presents under the tree and then film the parents reactions. I'm guessing they'd get arrested again, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    None of her business and she had no right to tell him off.

We will be telling dd about Santa and pretending he's real we won't be pretending that god is real. When she's older she can decide what she believes for herself.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    damn that gravity being a man made construct!

Please don't burst my bubble on that one!! ...I don't really want to float away!

*I believe in gravity, I believe in gravity, I believe in gravity*
    No no gravity is all good. Gravity is real, like for real real.

Are you being facetious or do you really not know what a social construct is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    No no gravity is all good. Gravity is real, like for real real.

Are you being facetious or do you really not know what a social construct is?

well gravity is a force... it is just a force. 'Gravity' is the name we just give it.
    Much like your Australia example.

Gender as a social construct I get.

I would personally give define Santa as a myth though. (okay yes it is a myth constructed by cultures - but it is a bit different to the gender social construct IMO)
    Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 28-11-2013 at 16:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do love how it seems that because no one has any evidence of Santa coming into homes and leaving presents that he is not real. Yet there is no evidence of god being real either. But because god is a religious diety (?Sp) we must respect others belief in that, but can flat out say that Santa isn't real.

Sent from my U8860 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trustno1 For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (28-11-2013),LaDiDah  (28-11-2013),Renn  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mods can I please nominate this thread for the 'most bizarre thread' of 2013, now please?... before I forget.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    This made me truly laugh out loud. Good point. You know if a strange man (or woman) broke into my house and left presents in my children's room I'm pretty sure I'd be massively freaked out and call the police to report a stalker.

Hmmm, I can see a Chaser type skit in my head where they dress up as Santa, break into people's homes and leave presents under the tree and then film the parents reactions. I'm guessing they'd get arrested again, lol.
    Yep, this is why my sister was scared of Santa as a little girl.