+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Cruise to Pacific Islands.

hi, just wondering if anyone has been on a cruise to the Pacific Islands- Lifou, Noumea and Vila..? just after some day tour suggestions etc TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea I have and going in March. I love the train ride in noumena
    It's so worth the money. They take you for a drive to the top of the mountain

In Vanuatu there is heaps to do. I have done both snorkeling and cascade waterfalls both amazing the shopping is amazing catch a taxi into the town. It's cheaper in town then at the dock
    Hope that helps alil
    Message me if you wanna know anything else

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Two mummys View Post
    Yea I have and going in March. I love the train ride in noumena
    It's so worth the money. They take you for a drive to the top of the mountain

In Vanuatu there is heaps to do. I have done both snorkeling and cascade waterfalls both amazing the shopping is amazing catch a taxi into the town. It's cheaper in town then at the dock
    Hope that helps alil
    Message me if you wanna know anything else

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app
    thanks will message you now

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved lifou.....beautiful snorkelling.
    If I was heading to Noumea again I'd head to the ship terminal and get a ticket on the hop on hop off bus- visit the beach, zoo and whatever else took my fancy.
    Vila.....get off ship hail a taxi and negotiate a fare for the day.....or book a driver beforehand direct. Head to the best snorkel spots, cascade waterfall, summit gardens then head back to the Main Street for a spot of shopping and a visit to the day spa. Possibly get my hair braided out the front of the ship!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAELEEJANE View Post
    I loved lifou.....beautiful snorkelling.
    If I was heading to Noumea again I'd head to the ship terminal and get a ticket on the hop on hop off bus- visit the beach, zoo and whatever else took my fancy.
    Vila.....get off ship hail a taxi and negotiate a fare for the day.....or book a driver beforehand direct. Head to the best snorkel spots, cascade waterfall, summit gardens then head back to the Main Street for a spot of shopping and a visit to the day spa. Possibly get my hair braided out the front of the ship!
    Thank you some great ideas..... I wish I didn't have a fear of snorkelling..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who are you cruising with??
    If it's P&O have a look here at the destination guides for each port
    http://www.pocruises.com.au/findacru...s/default.aspx

They've got all the shore tours available there.

It's a little bit more expensive to book through the ship.......... but if you book through the ship and your tour is delayed in getting you back to the ship then the ship will wait for you. If you've picked up a tour when you've gotten on shore and that's delayed then the ship will depart without you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Who are you cruising with??
    If it's P&O have a look here at the destination guides for each port
    http://www.pocruises.com.au/findacru...s/default.aspx

They've got all the shore tours available there.

It's a little bit more expensive to book through the ship.......... but if you book through the ship and your tour is delayed in getting you back to the ship then the ship will wait for you. If you've picked up a tour when you've gotten on shore and that's delayed then the ship will depart without you.
    Yes P& O yes I think we will do the tours booked thru ship I don't want to get delayed.thanks for the link

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You don't always need to book tours with the cruise company. Especially in Vanuatu. .. when you get off the boat there will be a huge line of taxis vying for your business. We hired a taxi for the day. .. we got him to take us to the waterfalls and then hideaway Island. The taxi was dodgy yes. .. but it was cheaper and really easy. He just waited for us at each location.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    what about Duty Free ? best places ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    You don't always need to book tours with the cruise company. Especially in Vanuatu. .. when you get off the boat there will be a huge line of taxis vying for your business. We hired a taxi for the day. .. we got him to take us to the waterfalls and then hideaway Island. The taxi was dodgy yes. .. but it was cheaper and really easy. He just waited for us at each location.
    Only problem is if you're delayed getting back to the boat.....