+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,591
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked
    1,608
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Cruise to Pacific Islands.

    hi, just wondering if anyone has been on a cruise to the Pacific Islands- Lifou, Noumea and Vila..? just after some day tour suggestions etc TIA

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    QueensLand
    Posts
    143
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    25
    Reviews
    0
    Yea I have and going in March. I love the train ride in noumena
    It's so worth the money. They take you for a drive to the top of the mountain

    In Vanuatu there is heaps to do. I have done both snorkeling and cascade waterfalls both amazing the shopping is amazing catch a taxi into the town. It's cheaper in town then at the dock
    Hope that helps alil
    Message me if you wanna know anything else


    Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,591
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked
    1,608
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Two mummys View Post
    Yea I have and going in March. I love the train ride in noumena
    It's so worth the money. They take you for a drive to the top of the mountain

    In Vanuatu there is heaps to do. I have done both snorkeling and cascade waterfalls both amazing the shopping is amazing catch a taxi into the town. It's cheaper in town then at the dock
    Hope that helps alil
    Message me if you wanna know anything else


    Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app
    thanks will message you now

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    199
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked
    85
    Reviews
    0
    I loved lifou.....beautiful snorkelling.
    If I was heading to Noumea again I'd head to the ship terminal and get a ticket on the hop on hop off bus- visit the beach, zoo and whatever else took my fancy.
    Vila.....get off ship hail a taxi and negotiate a fare for the day.....or book a driver beforehand direct. Head to the best snorkel spots, cascade waterfall, summit gardens then head back to the Main Street for a spot of shopping and a visit to the day spa. Possibly get my hair braided out the front of the ship!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,591
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked
    1,608
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAELEEJANE View Post
    I loved lifou.....beautiful snorkelling.
    If I was heading to Noumea again I'd head to the ship terminal and get a ticket on the hop on hop off bus- visit the beach, zoo and whatever else took my fancy.
    Vila.....get off ship hail a taxi and negotiate a fare for the day.....or book a driver beforehand direct. Head to the best snorkel spots, cascade waterfall, summit gardens then head back to the Main Street for a spot of shopping and a visit to the day spa. Possibly get my hair braided out the front of the ship!
    Thank you some great ideas..... I wish I didn't have a fear of snorkelling..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,248
    Thanks
    489
    Thanked
    1,263
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Who are you cruising with??
    If it's P&O have a look here at the destination guides for each port
    http://www.pocruises.com.au/findacru...s/default.aspx

    They've got all the shore tours available there.

    It's a little bit more expensive to book through the ship.......... but if you book through the ship and your tour is delayed in getting you back to the ship then the ship will wait for you. If you've picked up a tour when you've gotten on shore and that's delayed then the ship will depart without you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,591
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked
    1,608
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Who are you cruising with??
    If it's P&O have a look here at the destination guides for each port
    http://www.pocruises.com.au/findacru...s/default.aspx

    They've got all the shore tours available there.

    It's a little bit more expensive to book through the ship.......... but if you book through the ship and your tour is delayed in getting you back to the ship then the ship will wait for you. If you've picked up a tour when you've gotten on shore and that's delayed then the ship will depart without you.
    Yes P& O yes I think we will do the tours booked thru ship I don't want to get delayed.thanks for the link

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You don't always need to book tours with the cruise company. Especially in Vanuatu. .. when you get off the boat there will be a huge line of taxis vying for your business. We hired a taxi for the day. .. we got him to take us to the waterfalls and then hideaway Island. The taxi was dodgy yes. .. but it was cheaper and really easy. He just waited for us at each location.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,591
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked
    1,608
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    what about Duty Free ? best places ?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,248
    Thanks
    489
    Thanked
    1,263
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    You don't always need to book tours with the cruise company. Especially in Vanuatu. .. when you get off the boat there will be a huge line of taxis vying for your business. We hired a taxi for the day. .. we got him to take us to the waterfalls and then hideaway Island. The taxi was dodgy yes. .. but it was cheaper and really easy. He just waited for us at each location.
    Only problem is if you're delayed getting back to the boat.....


 

Similar Threads

  1. Solomon Islands - Did you travel with kids?
    By Clarabelle in forum Destination Suggestions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-11-2013, 16:48
  2. 12 day cruise with a 2yo???
    By goldencrumble in forum Destination Suggestions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 15:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Babybee Prams
Save $50 in our pre-Christmas sale! All Comet's now only $500. Our bassinet & stroller set includes free shipping AUS wide, $75 free accessories, 18-months warranty & a 9 month free return policy. Check out our new designer range today!
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
The Health Hub & Glowing Expectations
Glowing Expectations is conveniently located at The Health Hub in Darlinghurst. We offer pre & post natal personal training, small group pregnancy exercise classes, flexible mums & bubs sessions, massage, & naturopathy in our air-conditioned studio.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!