+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 11month old dropping to 1 nap?

Would love some advice please! I have a little one who has been on 2 naps a day for approx 1.5 to 2 hrs each. Morning one from 915ish and afternoon one from 130pm.

For the last few days lo has been going down for the morning nap ok but refuses to sleep in the afternoon. There is no protest but bubba refuses to sleep and stands and plays etc. I leave it as I figure at least bubba getting some quiet time.

My question is-should I try transitioning to one nap or do I keep going like this until bubba protests even being put down?

Thanks in advance!! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If he's not sleeping at all in the arvo then it's time to transition to one nap. DS started dropping the afternoon sleep at 11 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Exactly the same thing happened to me with DD.
    I transitioned her to a later morning nap by taking her out in the morning she now goes down between 10 and 11 depending how early she woke up.
    Works well as she has a 3 hour nap most days but I've had to adjust to giving her a good filling mid morning snack and a late lunch.
    Lately she's been very active so she also has a late afternoon nap around 4pm for an hour which means she's not super tiered at dinner.
    Maybe try doing a power nap later in the afternoon.
    youre so lucky your little one has 'quiet time' anyway!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your responses!

I think it looks like bubba is definitely not wanting the afternoon sleep. I will start trying the 'transition' tomorrow.

Ciaomumma, thanks for the tips. Are you giving your lo breakfast, morning tea, a big sleep and then lunch after they wake?

Thanks again!