+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Prams for Hyundai i30

Hi lovely ladies!

I have a 2009 Hyundai i30 which I do not want to sell as I just paid it off. Hubby wants a 4x4 but I'm short and do not want to be crawling into the back seat to put a baby in etc. I've decided if he wants a 4x4 he can sell his ute and get one

So what prams fit well in the back of these cars? I like the look of the Valco Revel Q Air, Mountain Bugger Cosmo, Phil & Ted Smart Buggy and also the Babylove Twister.

I want something that is front and rear facing and easy to take apart if it has to be in 2 pieces. Any advice would be great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    bugaboo bee hands down. faces both ways, can be shut in one piece. or even a baby jogger city mini. it's a really compact one hand fold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    bugaboo bee hands down. faces both ways, can be shut in one piece. or even a baby jogger city mini. it's a really compact one hand fold.
    Thanks Minchi don't really want to spend the cash on a bugaboo but the jogger city mini certainly does seem to be very popular...there is just something I don't like about the look of the 2 little wheels at the front haha! Picky I know but I dare say it may be what we end up with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Emsy82;7564187]Thanks Minchi don't really want to spend the cash on a bugaboo but the jogger city mini certainly does seem to be very popular...there is just something I don't like about the look of the 2 little wheels at the front haha! Picky I know but I dare say it may be what we end up with.[/QUOTE
    lol, I didn't like the look of the front two wheels either, but still got the bjcm, to be honest it's the easiest pram ive ever had... the hood is massive, and when I picked it up with the one hand fold I actually laughed, I couldn't believe how quick and easy it was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a strider compact and it just fits in the boot of my i30. You can go to baby shops and ask to take them to see if they fit in the boot if you park close by, I did it at baby bunting to make sure the compact fit. The shop attendant just came out with me to make sure I didn't nick it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm heading to a baby store on Thursday night so I'll test it out and see how it goes in the back of my car...oh...except I won't have my car haha! At least it will give me an idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just saw your comment about two front wheels.... You might not like it then! The strider plus has one front wheel, it fits in my i30 as wheel but it does rub on the glass though... It's wheel base is 9cm wider than the compact. A girlfriend has one and it's tough to get it through shop aisles and things, it's pretty wide. But it's a nice pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesK View Post
    I've got a strider compact and it just fits in the boot of my i30. You can go to baby shops and ask to take them to see if they fit in the boot if you park close by, I did it at baby bunting to make sure the compact fit. The shop attendant just came out with me to make sure I didn't nick it.
    I was reading some reviews on the compact as I saw that too but someone said it doesn't lay flat so is unsuitable for newborns? I don't want to have to puchase a travel system. Apart from that the reviews are pretty good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesK View Post
    Just saw your comment about two front wheels.... You might not like it then! The strider plus has one front wheel, it fits in my i30 as wheel but it does rub on the glass though... It's wheel base is 9cm wider than the compact. A girlfriend has one and it's tough to get it through shop aisles and things, it's pretty wide. But it's a nice pram.
    I'd prefer 2 front wheels to 1...the 2 little ones on the city jogger just looked funny to me haha. A friend has a Peg Skate so might test that in my car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Minchi;7564280]
    Quote Originally Posted by Emsy82 View Post
    Thanks Minchi don't really want to spend the cash on a bugaboo but the jogger city mini certainly does seem to be very popular...there is just something I don't like about the look of the 2 little wheels at the front haha! Picky I know but I dare say it may be what we end up with.[/QUOTE
    lol, I didn't like the look of the front two wheels either, but still got the bjcm, to be honest it's the easiest pram ive ever had... the hood is massive, and when I picked it up with the one hand fold I actually laughed, I couldn't believe how quick and easy it was.
    Does the BJCM have a rear facing option?