+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sleep regression tips

Dd is almost 10 months and the last few weeks is all out of routine. She was going so well previously and from what I've googled its sleep regression.
    Any tips on what i should be doing on the routine side of things. She barely sleeps during day anymore and doesn't self settle a lot of the time now
    Her routine is as follows
    7am wake bottle
    8am brekkie
    9-10:15sleep (used to sleep till 11)
    10:30-12 awake play
    12 lunch
    1-2 sleep
    2:30 bottle
    230-5:30 awake play
    5:30 tea
    6 bath
    6:30 bottle and bed
    Sometimes she will have a catnap around 4:30 but not always

From reading all my sleep school info I should be keeping her up 11-2:30 but she barely lasts!
    Help!!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi OP

My dd turns 10 months in 4 days. Your routine is IDENTICAL to mine, including nap times, only diff is mine is bf. I had never imposed a routine a such, this is what she naturally ended up with.

Dd has just gotten over the sleep regression (I hope). Wonder weeks app still I dictates it could still go a little longer. It Lasted a few weeks. It was hell. 2 nights ago, she just started sleeping through again. And naps are great again too, so I don't think there is a problem with your routine at all.

It did last so long that I was beginning to think it wasn't a regression but we had a problem on our hands so I would need to drastically change things. I'm so glad I waited it out though.

Good luck, I know EXACTLY what you are going through
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 26-11-2013 at 13:18.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your reply
    I feel abit better someone else has gone through this even though it sucks!!!!!!
    So do you recommend I just go with the flow?
    I almost called sleep school yesterday, I'm worried I'm ruining any chance of a routine by not pressuring her to sleep during the day
    Eta my dd is 10 months in 4 days

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I guess giving sleep school a ring can't hurt.... I'd hate to tell you to ride it out and you get stuck.

Things have just settled down here now I think but it did last a long time, I have the wonder weeks app which highlights fussy phases and regressions and this was a long one!

I realised of late I have stretched dd's awake times. my dd is up now at 630 so

she now goes down 2.5 hours after first wake up.

Then I put her down 3 hrs after she wakes from that. I also just put up black out blinds so that may of helped. And she never catnaps any more in the late arvo, if I find she's super fussy I take her for a 20 min stroll.

Dd is still fighting naps and occasionally bed (630-7) but I leave her be in the cot and she's usually asleep within 5-10 minutes.

It really has been an awful time - she dropped to 2 naps, started crawling and rolling in bed (no teeth though lol), pulling to stand, separation anxiety peaks at this age so it's been a lot of changes.

Good luck OP thinking of you

If you ring sleep school let me know if they suggest anything.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 27-11-2013 at 07:46.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 8 month old ds us going thru a similar thing - so frustrating! Plus he's waking for 2 hours during the night - I'm exhausted!
    Only thing i can suggest is stretch out her first awake time of the day to 2.5 hours. I do 2 hours 20 min with mine and straight away he started having 2 hour nap again for first sleep. He refuses 3rd nap so I hope he has decent 2nd nap otherwise he's very cranky and won't eat grrr!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Redcorset For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update on today: dd started off pretty well even though she's still fighting a cold. I put her down 2.5 hrs after wake time and she slept almost 2 hrs! Which she hasn't done in a couple of weeks so I was stoked but this arvo was a struggle. I had her up 11-2 gave her a bottle at 2pm and put her down at 2:15. She didn't settle til 3:30!! It was killing me, even my cuddles wouldn't calm her :-(
    I had to walk away and calm myself a few times. Then the last time I walked away she finally wore herself out and went to sleep for an hour. In bed by 7pm. So here's hoping she sleeps through tonight.
    I will definitely let you both know what sleep school says if I get onto them. I can't wait for this to pass!!
    Thanks for sharing your stories and suggestions ladies :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news on first sleep! This happened with DS also quite a few times in last week - great first nap but terrible arvo. Last couple days he's been better after shortening 2nd awake time from 3hrs to 2.5. He must have been over tired which sounds like your DD could be? After 2.5hrs awake time he's been sleeping 1.5-2hr in arvo (even tho I've had to put dummy back in after 45 min - and let him grizzle for 10 min first..) Maybe try that tomorrow! Best of luck

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Redcorset For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's it all going op? My ds is driving me nuts at night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcorset View Post
    How's it all going op? My ds is driving me nuts at night

Hi redcorset, dd was going ok while hubby was home for a couple of days but now is back to being all over the place with her day sleeps but still sleeping through at night..thank god! I can hardly leave her side during the day :-(
    How's your lo going?
    Tough work this mum business

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Any tips on how to stretch my dds morning out?

She will only stay awake for an hour!!! Shes started going down later and later but still waking up same time!!!

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app