+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    As if your brother's wife's parents give more of a crap about your wedding than their paid-for international holiday!

She's being absurd. They have no obligation to attend at all, let alone rearrange their plans in order to attend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    If you SIL was totally fine with the fact they weren't coming then I would say no one is at fault. But she isn't fine with it, which means she wanted them there (understandably). I get that she may not have been able to get another date, but really, she knew your parents would be away?

She either has the choice to leave it at that date, and accept they had already booked the trip and won't be there. Or move the date since they booked first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    As if your brother's wife's parents give more of a crap about your wedding than their paid-for international holiday!

She's being absurd. They have no obligation to attend at all, let alone rearrange their plans in order to attend!
    it's my dh's sister, but yes as if my parents are gonna give up their expensive holiday to come to the wedding! they had to apply for holidays from work etc, and don't go on holidays that often either, so as if they would! But really, I have no idea why SIL is being all hoity toity about them not coming. big woop really, the wedding is not the be all and end all.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    it's my dh's sister, but yes as if my parents are gonna give up their expensive holiday to come to the wedding! they had to apply for holidays from work etc, and don't go on holidays that often either, so as if they would! But really, I have no idea why SIL is being all hoity toity about them not coming. big woop really, the wedding is not the be all and end all.
    I know she's your dh's sister... So from her perspective she's expecting her brothers wife's parents to drop their plans for her and that's insane!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I don't mean to disrespect the OP but I'm betting that wires were crossed and the Op is over reacting. So I still say the conspiracy theories here are bl00du ridiculous.
    No I don't have my wires crossed! SIL asked my parents when they are going on holiday. My mum told her their dates... then SIL goes and books the wedding before they are due to come back and then expects them to cut their holiday short to attend the wedding. She has never invited them to anything other than her 21st. My parents are NOT going to change their dates for their holiday and she's getting crabby about it. no wires crossed here.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

DaenerysT  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I know she's your dh's sister... So from her perspective she's expecting her brothers wife's parents to drop their plans for her and that's insane!
    ohhh I thought it was her future inlaws. That makes it even more ridiculous!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do you think SIL is more cranky with you? A few pages back you said you were trying to explain the 'ridiculousness of them changing their trip' or something to that effect. Do you think that she's not crabby at them not changing the trip but crabby at the possible insinuation that she booked the wedding before they returned from their trip on purpose?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Naboo View Post
    Do you think SIL is more cranky with you? A few pages back you said you were trying to explain the 'ridiculousness of them changing their trip' or something to that effect. Do you think that she's not crabby at them not changing the trip but crabby at the possible insinuation that she booked the wedding before they returned from their trip on purpose?
    hmmm... i'd say not... I hope not. lol. when I was texting with her, I didn't at all tell her it was ridiculous in those words, but it was along the lines of ''mum and dad would lose a lot of money if they change dates, as they have a multi-trip booked, plus accommodation is paid for already and stopover flights, so i'd say they probably wouldn't want to lose money on it and also come home a week earlier''... that was pretty much it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol ah I see what you meant. hehe. you're absolutely right.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Agree with others, your SIL knew she was booking it during their trip, so it's unreasonable for her to be crabby at them for not changing their plans to attend.

If she really wanted them to be there she could have chosen another date, so IMO she set the date knowing they would not be coming.