+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default who is being unreasonable here?

Just wondering who is being unreasonable here. Mum and dad booked a multi country trip to Europe for 7 weeks next year in peak season. Now, my SIL (dh's sister) has now gotten engaged (after they booked it.) and prior to looking for a venue, asks my parents when they are going so mum told her their dates... and my SIL goes and books the church & venue 4 days before they get back. Now, on their last leg of their trip -all paid for already, it's a few days in Turkey and about 2 days in Dubai then back to Aus.. She's expecting them to change their flights to be able to come to the wedding. I told her it's not that easy or cheap to change their plans as A: - they can't even come back on the Friday - they will have jet lag, so would have to be home Wed latest (3 days b4 wedding) to try catch up with some zzz's, not to mention, it will completely cut their last leg of Turkey & Dubai out completely. I also told her it probably won't be cheap to change a few flights as well. She's a bit crabby over it, but the way my parents see it as oh well tough luck they miss out, she knew their dates and goes and so what?. They will just give them their gift before they go. It would mean cutting off about 7 days off their trip entirely between connecting flights to get back here early. who's being unreasonable?
    Last edited by GlitterFarts; 25-11-2013 at 23:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sil is being incredibly unreasonable imo

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

KillerHeels  (26-11-2013),LadyInWeighting  (26-11-2013),Mahjong  (26-11-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If your SIL knew they would be away she needs to accept that by setting that date she is excluding them.....and they should not have to miss out on any part of their trip, or go to the expense of changing their plans to suit.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (26-11-2013),Mambo  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So it's your husbands sister asking your own parents....ie they are no relation.
    SIL is being unreasonable if she wanted them to come.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SHAELEEJANE For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (26-11-2013),Cicho  (26-11-2013),Little Miss Sunshine  (26-11-2013),SassyMummy  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So it's your hubbys sister and your parents? Just want to make sure I'm following.

If she was aware of the flights/plans than it's too bad. I think she is being unreasonable.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sister in law is being unreasonable. To be honest, I don't think it's a big deal if they miss the wedding. They aren't related. My sister wouldn't be inviting my inlaws to her wedding.

Married to my soul mate, Mummy to one beautiful little girl, wishing for a little boy to complete our family.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dee1 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (26-11-2013),SAgirl  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it's my hubby's sister.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sil is being completely unreasonable IMO

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is SIL close to your parents?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    Is SIL close to your parents?

nope. neither are my in laws. they are friendly when they see each other but it's a once a year dinner together at each others houses. only time they ever see each other is at our place really... when we invite both of them. but there is no hatred or anything between them, the two families are massively worlds apart and have nothing in common.