+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miados2007 View Post
    Poor thing. Do you have any anti acid on hand? Mylanta or an u thing you could try? Raw honey soothes irritation to stomach lining as well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I don't have anything like that. I did just buy some pure honey at the markets on the weekend so I'll crack that open. Just like a teaspoon??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    I don't have anything like that. I did just buy some pure honey at the markets on the weekend so I'll crack that open. Just like a teaspoon??
    Yep try that. Its an old wives tale I think but honey does contain alot of properties to fix certain ailments. Its worked for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just ended up having to race to the bathroom and started vomiting ... Only just got my elastics off my braces in times. Yuck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Just ended up having to race to the bathroom and started vomiting ... Only just got my elastics off my braces in times. Yuck!!
    Opps sorry. Hope it wasn't the honey. Either way do you feel a bit better now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miados2007 View Post
    Opps sorry. Hope it wasn't the honey. Either way do you feel a bit better now?

I didn't actually get to the honey yet...I've been trying to get DS2 to sleep. I do feel a bit better. No matter what the doc says I'm staying off the wine & coffee for a while!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Miados2007  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The pains are starting again. It's all very strange. Thankfully my boys are both asleep now but I wish I had some meds on hand to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by The Time Has Come View Post
    I was wondering the same thing! Except I don't get tummy pains-my throat feels like it's closing up... Not enough to stop breathing or anything, but just making it a little more difficult to swallow.. It starts happening after having just a few sips, it's been the case for a couple of years now-so I try to steer clear of it (only happens with wine)... Strange..
    A lady I work with has this issue with cheap wine as generally the cheaper the wine, the more preservatives and additives they have in them and she reacts to one of them. She woke up one night gasping for air, then it happened a week later, and her and her Dr put two and two together and realised it was the cheap wine. It hasn't happened again since she started only drinking better quality wine.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

The Time Has Come  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I've now finished round 3 to the bathroom.. Nothing left in my tummy. Body aching and breathing a bit raspy/shallow.

Thankfully I managed to get DS2 into his own bed in between and even managed a shower but this is ridiculous.

I rang my mum who lives in the next town which is only about 30 minutes away. She offered to come here but I feel a bit silly.

Sorry to keep updating but I'm just being a sooky la la feeling sorry for myself.

Pains have just started again. What a sh!tar$e night!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh you poor thing...what wine were you drinking? One you've had before? Definitely sounds like a reaction. You should get your mum to stay.

I totally feel you by the way, I'm on day 11 of being in bed sick as a dog and I'm completely over it. Feeling so sorry for myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
    Gosh you poor thing...what wine were you drinking? One you've had before? Definitely sounds like a reaction. You should get your mum to stay.

I totally feel you by the way, I'm on day 11 of being in bed sick as a dog and I'm completely over it. Feeling so sorry for myself.
    I haven't had this particular brand before getting these pains, but I've also been getting the same pains/nauseous feeling from other wine, beer & coffee. Plus vomited after coffee as well.

I think if I don't fall asleep soon I might ask her to come. I'm not the best patient though. I'm not good at letting other people do things.

That's terrible you've been in bed sick for so long... I feel like a light weight sook in comparison - hope you are back on your feet quickly.