+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    Unfortunately that would only leave maybe 2 people on my friends list.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Oh

Can't say I have anybody like that on fb really.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My family, just, well

And friends, I only have a few so it's no trouble seeing, calling or texting them.

Like I said though I do believe Facebook can be awesome. If you have the right family/friends

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have an account. But I tell lots of people I dont particular work colleagues and anything to do with work staff ect. I.go by my maidan name anyway at work and my fb is my married name. So they wouldn't know to look me up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Miados2007 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have occasionally deactivated mine, especially while I was studying as it was a huge distraction. I would say "I don't have Facebook at the moment" as I always had intentions of coming back.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I deactivated my account over a year ago. Haven't missed it, but have definitely lost a few friends/stopped being invited to things purely cause I'm not on fb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's funny the way we all word things differently.

I'd argue that to be accurate she should say 'I don't use Facebook' because she has an account, even if she doesn't use it. So strictly speaking she is *on* there.

I was curious to see how other people who don't use it expressed it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I say I dont use facebook. I have it but I dont have any friends on there. I told my friends list i wasnt using it anymore as i found people used it as a way to 'catch up' with me and my family and they weren't actually seeing us. They acted like they knew my daughter when they'd only met her once. I had to delete my friends one by one so i still had the account. I found after about a month I actually had more people visit me and want to catch up than when I had facebook.
    The reason why I dont delete it completely is because I use it to enter alot of competitions and I use a few groups on there to buy and sell stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I vowed never to be on Facebook, but the loneliness of being on leave got to me... Absolutely hated it I found it so overwhelming, full of crap and was upset that "friends" from high school is fallen out with years ago sent friend requests - I found that so hurtful and brought up bad memories. I deactivated my account less then 1 day later!!!

But I find that I do get left out and ppl often forget to invite me to catch ups and parties and I find that upsetting too.

If you Google my name I don't exist... I like it that way

Edit: my DH has a Facebook account but never checks it, but he still considers himself on there, any one that has an account whether they use it or not is ON Facebook......
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 26-11-2013 at 07:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daptoamy View Post
    I vowed never to be on Facebook, but the loneliness of being on leave got to me... Absolutely hated it I found it so overwhelming, full of crap and was upset that "friends" from high school is fallen out with years ago sent friend requests - I found that so hurtful and brought up bad memories. I deactivated my account less then 1 day later!!!

But I find that I do get left out and ppl often forget to invite me to catch ups and parties and I find that upsetting too.

If you Google my name I don't exist... I like it that way
    You can't find me on google either and even if someone knows my email, they still can't find me on fb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a friend like this @NancyBlackett - she has an account that she never logs into unless she wants to look at the profile of her ex friend who never got around to unfriending her. It's kind of amusing!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (26-11-2013)