+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default If you aren't *on* Facebook

When you say you aren't *on*Facebook, do you mean you don't have an account or you have one and just don't use it?

I always assumed it meant you don't have an account - or at least had one and deactivated it - but I know someone who maintains that because she doesn't use her account it means she isn't on FB.
    Last edited by NancyBlackett; 26-11-2013 at 05:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a de-activated account I haven't been "on" in 2 years. I say I don't use it not that I'm not on it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Never had an account , vow not to get one until DS gets one! ( he's. 3!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one too but deactivated it early January because I was dragged into someone else's drama. So I contacted who I really wanted to stay in contact with have them my email account and my Instagram account and my mobile number. I haven't been back since. Seriously though the amount if high school drama that involves adults was incredible. Even today I was sitting in a coffee shop having lunch with dh and I overheard a conversation between a mother and her daughter. Daughter being around 30. And the daughter said to the mother "see that comment just below yours it's totally directed at you. You should blah blah blah" right then I tuned out and realised how wonderful and less negative my life is now I'm not on there. I found it to be too negative and trying to "keep up with the joneses" or the pity parade of oh my gawd I'm in struggle street again. My boyfriend of 2 weeks just dumped me blah blah blah. Our real true friends are the people we talk to all the time. We post too much information about ourselves on Facebook. Our children. Our woes. Our problems. What was life before Facebook. Yes we have been reacquainted with long list high school friends. But after a few messages of catch up do we really need to know when they had their last period? Sorry if I've offended anyone but I really think Facebook is evil. Yes there are some positives bit I watch my teenagers struggle daily with social acceptance and their social anxiety looking constantly at being accepted by everyone. When ultimately do we really need to be loved by everyone?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Msbecb For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (19-10-2014),PinkPrint  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't always had one and if it wasn't for the distance we live away from family I probably wouldn't have got one. I have only friends and close family on there. True friends, no one from town and no one I wouldn't chat to socially.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an account but say I'm not really on there. I can't access it (phone needs update and no wifi at home) and I just dislike fb. Generally feel better about the world in general without it! So yep, op, I'm one who technically 'has' an account but tells people I'm not on there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I deactivated my account well over a year ago.

I believe that Facebook can be an incredible way of keeping in contact with distant family and friends but, personally, I found it to be 99% BS. I really don't care about what you ate, when you last went to the toilet or the fact your 1 week 'relationship' ended (you <--general you).

So, more to the point. I say I'm not on Facebook.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

Mahjong  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    I deactivated my account well over a year ago.

I believe that Facebook can be an incredible way of keeping in contact with distant family and friends but, personally, I found it to be 99% BS. I really don't care about what you ate, when you last went to the toilet or the fact your 1 week 'relationship' ended (you <--general you).

So, more to the point. I say I'm not on Facebook.

But you could just delete those people or block them from your newsfeed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    But you could just delete those people or block them from your newsfeed?
    Unfortunately that would only leave maybe 2 people on my friends list.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never had an account and never will.