+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Moved interstate back to home state?

Hi.
    We recently moved back to our home state to be around family as we are having our third child (accident) and didnt have any family in qld where we was living. We have been here for 2 months now. The problem is we hate it here and dont know what to do
    I'm not sure if its because we are adjusting to a different lifestyle now (big city to smallish town) and we will get used to it or if its just that we dont like it here. The only thing we seem to like is being around family. At the moment we feel like we've just made a massive mistake and regret moving here

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have any advise as I am lost at what we should do?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Family is the best thing to have around you, personally I don't think you've been there long enough to 'hate' it yet. Took my 12months to 'like' where I moved interstate definitely give it at least 6 months and enjoy being close to your family for now, it's almost christmas which will be great being close

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

Kaileysmum  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We moved from the city (Melbourne) back to my dh's home town (small country town) just before I had our dd for the exact same reason as you, to be close to family. We have been here for 12months, bought a house 6months ago and it has only been in the last month or so that it has started to feel like home. It has taken a lot to adjust to how different it is here and I have had many moments of thinking what the hell are we doing. When I feel like this I just look at my kids and can see how much they love it here (even though they are only small), they love spending time with their grandparents, aunties, uncles and cousins and we have so much more space here, a huge backyard and swimming pool (something we couldn't ever afford in the city).

Give it time, I'm sure things will start to settle and feel normal soon.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

Kaileysmum  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how that feels, moved from the gold coast to sydney just so in close to family and im hating it almost a year later.

Still hopeful I will adjust.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hers&Hers For This Useful Post:

Kaileysmum  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We did the same as you when I was 6 months pregnant with DD2. We ended up moving back to the city after 12 months.

I'm glad we gave it a go, it was worth trying. And it was nice to be nearer to family, but in the end it wasn't for us.

No to say that you won't settle in though!

Sorry I'm not much help....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

Kaileysmum  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Years ago we moved to a small town with dh's work, we spent 3 years there then he got transferred back to the city we had lived in forever prior. We never settled back in to the lifestyle there and we ended up moving back after a few years. We just didn't get used to it and were not completely happy. And just because that was where family is wasn't a reason for us to stay there! We had to do what we wanted to do and what was right for ourselves. We have been back in the town we moved back to for 7yrs now and love it!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Kaileysmum  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! I guess for us its hard cause we lived here most of our lives then have moved away and now we have moved back its reminded us why we moved away in the first place.

We are hoping things will settle once the babys born and if not we will probably move back to Qld after bub turns 1.