Closed Thread
Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,
    Angel ,my gp prescribed my progynova and when we discussed the clexane he told me not to get a script but come and visit him as he 'has heaps leftover , so no point paying for it' .

AFM .. well our appointment went well today. Our donor is progressing well and Dr Le Roux was great. He made a point of saying she is a particularly 'lovely girl and we picked well ' . I'm sure he says similar to everyone but it was still nice to hear.
    He thinks we should get 'at least 13' at EPU on Wednesday.
    My lining was a healthy 11.8 so he was very happy with everything.

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angel- a medically qualified doctor can write a script for anything unless they have had restrictions placed on them by the medical board and that would usually be in relation to schedule 8 drugs (methadone, morphine etc). Some may be reluctant if it is not for what the drug is supposed to be used for or if the patient tells them too! If you have the information from the clinic that may help. If they have patients who have had IVF they may also be more comfortable. Good luck.

good luck to all in Cape Town.

plimpy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Plimpy For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angel - my GP wrote scripts for me for both Progynova and Clexane when I returned from SA. He had always been copied in on all my tests and results from the IVF Clinic I cycled with in Australia and he knew that we were seeking egg donation in SA - so understood exactly why we needed both the Progynova and Clexane. Your GP should definitely be able to do this for you - if not, go back to your IVF clinic here in Oz as I am sure they would oblige?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Its been a while

Hi there Cape Town Ladies.
    its been such a long time since I posted on here - how the hell are you all??
    Well my life has been an absolute nightmare since we all last spoke. Suffice to say - we are not preparing to be parents right now!

Our BFP turned into a very excitable pregnancy - which then turned into a rollercoaster of panic/devastation/relief/confusion and ultimately ended with the late miscarriage of our daughter, Poppy on jan 17th of this year. We were 20 weeks exactly! W
    We had threats of enlarged heart syndrome, and chromosomal abnormalities - all ruled out by amnio/karyotyping and microarray tests. Our baby had severe IUGR. Initial autopsy results indicate that she had some sort of lung infection that had been present for some time!

We have been licking our wounds since - but I now feel im ready to share our story, as we are also heading back to Cape Town to have another go. Hopefully one of our 5 frosties will be the lucky one.
    We head back on 7th May this year.

I'm very apprehensive about this trip.. we so desperately want to hope that this cant happen again!
    I will try to read up on all of your posts in the next few days to get to grips with where you are all at.
    Much love and baby dust to you all
    xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helenweels- oh no I'm so sorry to hear your news, thank you for letting us know I had been thinking of you. It breaks my heart and can't even imagine how painful it has been for you and DH. Wish there was more I could say or do to help. I can imagine the apprehension of returning to try again as we each put our hearts on the line for a BFP. I am sending you love and support for your trip.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi

Welcome To the thread Lozby! It's great to be able to follow your trip and you'll find it a great support for the ups and downs of the cycle. We headed to Thailand early to have a holiday before our cycle and I remember being on the beaches awaiting AF and having a meltdown that she hadn't arrived and the whole cycle was over (in my mind) I'd never had it happen. After waiting a couple of days I had to start the meds and other than very mild spotting AF didn't come. However it didn't effect my lining and all went forward. My lining was around 7-8mm at transfer which I thought was low and of course worried about as we want everything to be 'perfect' to give us that mental confidence. Looking forward to hearing your news

DJ I'm sorry to hear your news and hope you make a speedy recovery

Sending all my love to the ladies in capetown it was this time last year that I did my joburg DE cycle and got to enjoy a 3 day safari which just blew my mind. It feels forever but yet like yesterday. amazing that within the year we did the two cycles and now have hit 30weeks and am so grateful each day to get that bit closer to our due date.

Sooty so happy to hear your tests results were good and you've got your silver lining - you deserve it for all the research, appointments,and expenses you've had.

Rainbow so glad you and bubs are well again

Sorry for missing thanks and hellos etc that I'm sure I am - this thread is moving faster than ever and I love reading the updates.

Lots if love to all

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear all that Helenonwheels

Thanks
    Reviews
    (I bumped the send button before finishing!)
    I was going to add that it's great that you are making the journey again 😊
    Hope it all goes well for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Helonwheels, I'd been wondering how you were getting on just only yesterday (MissLeo too)
    So so sorry to read what you've been through. Truly awful!
    Wishing you all the best moving forward with your new cycle.
    Girls in CPT good luck if you have appointments today.
    We are off for a day trip down the coast... want to see Chapmans Peak. I have a hideous cold so taking it pretty easy. Not sure if we will get a fertilisation update from the clinic today, but there's nothing we can do about it anyway so I think at this stage ignorance may just be bliss.
    Sooty glad to hear all is ok.

Em xx

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helonwheels - I'm so sincerely sorry to hear what you have been through. May little Angel Poppy watch over you and help you in your next journey to Cape Town - I pray that one of those little frosties results in the baby you deserve.

Net - so sorry to hear that people have been so judgemental towards you. I think you are so brave for everything you have done and are doing. I hope that everything turns out well for you.

Pixel - lovely to hear from you and thank you for thinking of me. I am certainly enjoying feeling normal again. Not long for us both now