Closed Thread
Page 87 of 92 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry if I missed in your profile wish, stupid iphone won't let me view
    Last edited by angelmama74; 20-03-2014 at 22:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing well.

Firstly good luck to blinky, emski, January and feather. I wish you all the luck in the world but don't forget to enjoy your holiday. Here's hoping that you bring a little springbok back with you.

Klm0511 - congratulations on picking a short list. I know I felt like that was the hardest part. Everything falls into place once you have chosen your donor and it's all confirmed. It's amazing how quickly it all happens.

Twirlywhirly and angelmama - So happy for both of you. Please keep us updated with the new leg of your journey.

Sunny - I hope everything progresses ok for you

Congratulations to all the new mums. It brings so much joy reading of the success stories.

AFM - we have confirmed dates. First appt in Cape Town on the 23rd April with transfer hopefully for April 30th. Still on BCP but it's been miserable of late. Lasted about a month before break through bleeding and terrible cramps started and has been going ever since. Had a bit of a freak out but Dr W and Cyndi have assured me it's normal. Just worried if it continues there won't be any lining left Due to start progynova on 9th April so hopefully I respond ok to that.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Esperanza For This Useful Post:

Anait  (21-03-2014),KLM0511  (21-03-2014),twirlywhirl  (21-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Angel I only had one transferred as I'm doing this on my own :-) Don't forget though comparing your hcg results can result in more stress as each person and each pregnancy is different. I remember stressing so much that my second beta didn't double but then all of a sudden it took off. Sending you strength to get through those rough and uncertain first few weeks. It's all looking great so far :-)

Wish

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know about comparing but there is such a wide variation. I am just interested how they are different. Looking with my 2 miscarriage hcg levels, not as good as these but in the same range if that makes sense.

All these tests do my head in and I wish I knew what my levels were from when I was pregnant at 26 and 28 but I didn't have any bloods tests back then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DJ - I'm so sorry to hear about your news. Sending lots of love and positive energy your way for your body to fight and remain strong for you... you have also been a tremendous help to me on this forum, so I pray that karma returns all the love and positive energy you gave so freely here back to you now so that you can recover.

Em, Blinky and January
    - so excited for you guys. I have my fingers and toes crossed for all of you.

January - special big shout out to you lovely lady as you were the one who gave me so much insight into all of this. Are you guys going to be "extreme sporting" all over Cape Town until your transfer? I know this is your time... and you are in excellent hands with Dr L R. xxxxx

Esperenza - I had breakthrough bleeding while I was on the pill also and had exactly the same opinion that there would be no lining for that little embryo to snuggle into... but that's where the Progynova comes in and works it's magic. I had a scan at my IVF Clinic in Australia the day before I left and my lining was already nice and thick... by the time I arrived at the CFC for my scan there it was tri-layered and perfect for transfer, so try not to worry and know that you've got those drugs there messing about with mother nature so that things change quickly for you.

AFM - I'm loving not being at work and enjoying the time to do things I've never got around to doing. Our house will be spotless by the time our little man arrives. I think the nesting thing is the body's way of saying "do it now, because you're not going to have time to do it at the other end!" I'm having another ultrasound today, My OB has me on a fortnightly schedule for them now to watch where everything is and check that his growth is still going strong. I have this library of the 4D photos now, which is truly amazing. Every time we can I'm also having our baby capsule fitted in the car today - just in case he makes an early appearance! Still no change on my c-section date from May 7 as my blood pressure has returned to normal, so hoping it stays that way?!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Esperanza  (21-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck to those in Capetown already! Look forward to hearing the progress.

I heard back from EDSA about donors we like and some have been ruled out due to availability (ie pulling out for now I guess).
    Which is good that it narrows it down. But have discovered that my first choice is a light smoker which wasn't on the initial info. (Just like 3 a day).

What are your thoughts on picking smokers? Do you think it matters a lot?

Thanks
    Reviews
    KLM, I struggled with that too. We really liked some profiles, aside from smoking status!

It's a really tough one. In the end, we decided to stick to our plan of a non-smoker. Having said that, many smokers get pregnant with no issues at all!

I hope someone can share a positive experience to allay your concerns :-)

All the best.

X

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (21-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    2014 ROLL CALL

RESEARCHING DONOR OPTIONS
    flyer
    Crystal4431
    Rachel70
    KLM0511

williteverhappen
    myheart

MrsErinR
    mayaus
    francesthecat
    Sahndi
    MGCBertie
    MardiCharli

DONOR SELECTED & CONFIRMED
    thembs (Cape Town - ET ?)
    Sunflower11 (Cape Town - ET ? May)
    Jacks69 (Jo'burg - ET ?)
    Esperanza (Cape Town - ET 30 Apr)
    Feather (Cape Town ET 31 Mar)
    Blinky76 (Cape Town - ET ? Mar)
    January (Cape Town - ET 1 Apr)
    Emski72 (Cape Town - ET ? Mar)

IN CAPE TOWN FOR DONOR CYCLE

2 WEEK WAIT

BFP
    Angelmama74 (2x5D)
    twirlywhirl (2x5D)

GRADUATES
    Anait - boy 8/3/14
    Plimpy - boy 7/3/14
    Jennilee - girl 5/3/14

2014 STATS
    BFN = 1
    BFP = 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Feather, Blinky76 & Emski72 - see you in Cape Town

Rainbow - thank you so much for your lovely comments! You too have been a great support for me. Enjoy getting organized and look after yourself hun

Darling DJ - if you're still checking in I am praying you make the speediest of recoveries and know that I am thinking of you. You are a very special person and this just sucks

Thank you for all the warm wishes. I will be updating while I am over there.

Love and babydust to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Angelmama,

Take a look at www.betabase.info and compare your HCG's to other pregnancies if you are interested. Thousands of women have entered their details. One thing you will see is the huge variance, from the very high to the very low, but all these pregnancies were considered successful after going on to see a heartbeat. Your numbers are tracking well! Hopefully the days will go by quickly until you have your first scan and can see the heartbeat for the first time to put your mind more at ease

Esperanza - I had heavy breakthrough bleeding too while on the pill. I was equally as worried and asked CFC whether I should switch to a stronger pill but they were relaxed. As per Rainbowchaser, the progynova worked a treat and my lining was perfect for the transfer.
    Last edited by twirlywhirl; 21-03-2014 at 17:38.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twirlywhirl For This Useful Post:

angelmama74  (21-03-2014),Esperanza  (21-03-2014)