Closed Thread
Page 86 of 92 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Same here! All the best Emski, Blinky and January. Safe travels and I look forward to your updates. I'm sending positive vibes out to you all for lovely BFP's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly Anait - congratulations Hun and the arrival of your precious bub. Wow only seems like yesterday that you were all in SA. May you all have a healthy happy and wonderful life together

Sunny - Our little man was also a transverse lie, hence his delivery at 37 weeks as my Ob didn't want the risk of prolapsed cord. Due to his persistent lie my uterus had no lower segment and was shaped like a sausage. I required a 'classical' Caesar incision (vertical uterine incision). Only 0.3% of Caesars are are performed by classical approach. It had a small impact on recovery time and is relevant for any future pregnancy, but other than that all that counted was the safe arrival. Hoping your little one can stay in there a bit longer. X

Em, Blinky and January - Likewise wishing you all loads of baby dust.

January - I am soooooo wanting you to have the pleasure of updating the role with your wonderful news. X

DJ - You have been on my mind and thanks to Sunny for prompting my post. I hope what ever is going on for you will resolve soon. Just remember you are a strong and wonderful woman. Much love to you and your family. Xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Anait  (21-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone - all packed and ready to go now. Our dog decided to get his first ever allergic reaction to something at 11pm last night so that's been a bit of a worry today - running around to the vet etc. but he'll be right and just needs allergy tablets.
    Feeling good about getting to SA finally - I've been wanting to make this trip for over 12 months so it's been a long process.
    I appreciate absolutely everyone's input during this time and for sharing your experiences. Without people making the plunge talking about their fears, experiences, concerns etc. we would be left somewhat in the dark.

See you on the other side. I'll update from SA as hubby has to work a bit while we are there so I'll have a few hours here and there to fill in time.

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    So we are just waiting at the airport for our first leg to Singapore and thought this would be a good time to thank everyone for all the valuable information on this forum. Without the valued advice and support I don't know if we would have been brave enough to follow through on this. I will admit I am and have been a little nervous these past few days. It's settled somewhat now that everything is packed and we r waiting for our flights.
    I too will update when we can while in SA but also want to be able to maintain the holiday aspect of the trip as well.
    Thank you too for all the wellwishes

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR - sounds a little odd that an agency wouldn't have a contract that requires signatures by both parties (yourself and agency on behalf of the donor), but at least you have something in writing from them. Sounds like your hubby would have more experience in such things.

Good luck January, Emski and Blinky - I have EVERYTHING crossed for you and sending you lots of positive sticky embie vibes. Safe and fun travels. Xxx

Emski - nothing like last minute dramas...hope your doggy is okay now. My last minute drama before coming into hospital was being told by the hospital that I was not financial with my private health fund and any arrears needed to be paid before I could be admitted...PANIC!! Contacted health fund and yes, I was indeed financial....told hospital and they said "oh, it must be our computer not being able to talk with their computer". WTF!!! I gave the hospital lady a serve....she CREATED so much unnecessary stress.

Laned - it sounds like we will have a very similar birth experience. Ob has already told me that she may need to go in vertical into my uterus to get bub out, as the very bottom of my uterus may not have been "prepared" or stretched due to bub being transverse. She wont know until she gets in there. The closest we have ever been to bub being vertical is bub being diagonal with bum down. Forgive me if I have this wrong...but you have Dr Wazza as your FS/Ob, don't you?

Thanks to those who have asked after DJShears....I have checked with her and she does not mind me informing you all what is happening with her. Unfortunately, she has been diagnosed with Leukeamia. Her doctor has told her that she has Hairy Cell Leukeamia, which if she was going to get anything, this is the one to get, as it has a higher curable success rate. When I last spoke with her, she seemed in good spirits and was even joking that she didnt get a more glamorous titled Leukeamia....but of course she does have her "downside" moments. She commences chemo next week. She wanted me to send this message: "Please tell all the lovely girls I send my love and want them all pregnant!!!"...typical DJ...always thinking of others before herself. Good luck DJ. xxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

laned  (21-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been a bit crazy in my world so apologies if I miss anyone or am a bit slow in responding to earlier comments

DJ - very sorry to hear your news. I wish you lots of strength and courage and luck in facing your next battle - my Mum has just finished chemo and while it was tough going she is bouncing back now. I send you all the very best to you and your family.

January - thanks for your amazing work in updating the roll. That must be a job and a half.

Emski - happy belated birthday greetings. Remember 40s are the new 30s, well that is what I say as a 43 year old. Cape Town will offer plenty of scope for self-purchased b'day gifts.

KLM - good luck with donor choosing, may your dream donor be available for you

Sunny15 - hope you are resting up. I've been following your journey and it's so exciting you are getting closer to meeting your bub. I hope the remainder of your pregnancy goes smoothly and calmly. All your trials will be worth it soon.

Hi to everyone else.

AFM - last day at work today before we leave for SA on Sunday. Work's been crazy for DH and I and my mum is seriously ill so to be honest this trip has been in the background. I'm looking forward to getting on that plane and relaxing and getting excited about returning to beautiful Cape Town.

Blinky, Emski and January - Good luck in Cape Town. I hope you all bring home some extra baggage. Fingers crossed for us all. We will all be in the city at the same time. I'd love to meet you if you were keen. I'll PM you all with my email address as I'm not confident I will be able to log on and post while I'm there. Infertility is a lonely journey, except when I pop in here, so it would be great to put faces to names. Over to you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Feather For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (20-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck to the ladies heading to CT, its really is a beautiful place.

AFM I had another blood test and the hcg was 1628 at 22dpo. I was wondering how it compares to others. My first was 97 15dpo, 259 18dpo and now 1628 22 dpo. Will anyone share their hcg results?

Next one is Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for your well wishes

I will catch up with personals when I have some more time.

You are all so amazing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angel - your hcg looks like it's doubling nicely - such great news :-)

My hcg levels were:

15 dpo 130
    17 dpo 248
    20 dpo 860
    23 dpo 3280

Can't wait for your first scan - not long now :-)

Wish

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish was that one or two?