Closed Thread
Page 85 of 92 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Happy birthday Emski!
    All the best for your trip! Look forward to reading your progress.

AFM, we have chosen our top 3 donors so just have to email EDSA so they can check availability etc then get it all moving, should do that tonight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies...life has been quite full on of late, however, I have scanned the posts.

Emski - HAPPY BIRTHDAY..I hope you have a fabulous day. Xxx

Blinky, January and Emski - I am so thrilled for you....you must be so excited on the eve of your departures.

Congratulations to the new arrivals for Anait, Plimpy and Jennilee....your dreams have arrived!! Anait....it only seems like yesterday that we were sitting in the waiting room at CFC....you for your transfer and DP and I for our donors EPU. Now your little boy has arrived...a little early but safe and sound. By the sounds of it you haven't had the easiest of pregnancies (same with me), but it is all worth it in the end.

Congrats also to TwirlyWhirl and Angelmama74 on your BFPs.

I think I read a post about girls catching up in Cape Town if there at the same time....do it. Anait, DJ Shears and myself caught up and did a couple of tours (Robben Island and Aquila Game Reserve) and also dinner at Mama Africa's...we shared a very special time together!

Finally, I would like to put out a very special message to DJShears. DJ is going through a very tough time at the moment, but knowing DJ, she will 'attack' from all fronts with much gusto. DJ, thinking of you and I know you will beat this. Much love. xxx

Hi to everyone...I will catch up on everyone's news.

AFM
    Ob has me in hospital on bed rest. I came in on Monday afternoon. Bub is still transverse and therefore, Ob is a little worried of a prolapsed cord. All good so far and it may not happen, but Ob wants me in the right place if anything was to happen.

I had Gestational Diabetes confirmed and I am now on insulin....the problem was my fasting BSL (aided by Prednisolone) not diet or exercise. Bub has always been on the bigger side, as our donor is over 6 foot, but baby is now showing a few signs of the GD.

I thought the injections would decrease over time but have actually increased...2 x insulin and 2 x heparin (ceased clexane and started heparin in preparation for the caesarean).

But ANYTHING I can do for bub....I will do!!

My feet, ankles and legs have blown up and are quite sore, but not linked to pre-eclampsia....woohoo! I have to wear those sexy surgical stockings whilst in hospital....sexy? NOT!!!

It was a rush coming into hospital....I had to finish up work extra early and try to get the baby's room completely finished and those last minute purchases done, but I had to leave a list for DP. Thankfully he has finished at the mine for 6 weeks now.

Im keeping my eye on the prize and even though we have had "hit after hit", we will have our child in our arms very soon!!!

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Anait  (21-03-2014),emski72  (19-03-2014),Seahorse1xxx  (18-07-2014),twirlywhirl  (21-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Emski - happy birthday!

Blinky - not long for us! Really hope to catch up with you and Em over there

Sunny - thanks for popping in I have been thinking of you. You sound in great spirits even though you have had a few challenges. If your speaking to DJ please pass on my regards. I look forward to hearing your baby news soon

AFM - leaving Monday

To all of you researching and planning I hope it goes smoothly and you too are on your way to Cape Town very soon

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

emski72  (19-03-2014),Sunny15  (19-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I need some advice from those of you who have chosen donors already.

Did you sign a formal contract with the agency or was the arrangement really just a payment, and off you go? I know gift ov life has a contract, but do the other agencies have them too?

(Why do I need to like a donor at an agency with no contracts!?)

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Erin,
    AbabySA had a contract that we signed before payment.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Erin, I'm with nurture and they do have a contract and we just signed it last week then made the payment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR - EDSA also had a contract requiring signing prior to payment. We made our payment once our donor had completed her screening and deemed okay to donate. Hope this helps.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (19-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErin
    I'm with sunshine and we had a contract too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the quick response ladies. Much appreciated.

I'm interested in a donor at Donorlife, which is on the SASREG list and CFC have advised that they will work with them. They are based in j'burg but the donor I like is in Cape Town.

Of the contract samples I've seen from other agencies, they largely protect the agencies and they set out the terms for when a donor pulls out or fails medical etc. I have those same t&c's set out in an email, rather than a formal contract to be signed. I thought I could get them to add it into the payment form that we both sign, although DH thinks the email in itself is an adequate representation of the terms. (He works with contracts a lot)

They do not want any payment until after the donor's screening.

I sort of feel ok about it. CFC will be able to do the medical evaluation and judge the situation for us somewhat, before we pay anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in to wish Blinky, January and Emski all the very best for your journeys. Safe travels and much baby dust to you all. I look forward to hearing your positive pregnancy news :-)

Wish
    xxx

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (20-03-2014),emski72  (20-03-2014)