Closed Thread
Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Twilywhirly - Congratulations, how exciting - I don't think I caught up on your special news. That's wonderful. ... and thank you so much for the info on not putting the progesterone in so far - makes sense Good tip!!

Good luck Emski and Blinky - this is so exciting for you. I never had any side effects other than the absolute crazed effect of Dexmethasone - it could be anything. I guess just try to drink lots of water and get enough sleep if you can. I'm sure you will get packing quick smart the night before, or day of the flight if you haven't done it by then... so don't worry too much, it will happen!! (my usual antics when travelling).
    Emski - I know that feeling. OMG, when we went over in Nov we had a house sitter & on top of cleaning the house from head to toe, cooking 16 days worth of meals (as there was a lot of travel involved as well) - I had to hide all my IVF stuff into the back of high cupboards... it was stressful & DH was glad when the taxi pulled in the driveway. It wasn't like I was sitting out there waiting for it, I was still running around

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

twirlywhirl  (18-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all,

Big Congratulations to the new Mums. You give me so much hope that it can happen!

Good luck to Emski and Blinky on your imminent trips.

As for me, sadly our last FET with own eggs did not take. It’s disappointing of course, but not at all a surprise really. I am happy and relieved to now have my answer and happy that we had made the decision to move to donor eggs next.

So, DH and I have been working on choosing a donor and we are not quite there yet. The experience started out really well with us managing to choose the same Top 2. Sadly, since then it’s just been one debacle after another with availability, incorrect information from agencies, unexpected advice from doctors etc. The whole story is too long to detail here but it has been a learning experience and has made us really think about what is important in a donor and an agency.

I’m hoping that we’ll manage to make a successful selection this week and get the ball rolling for real.

I can say I am super impressed with CFC so far. They are so responsive. We are seeing Dr W and he has been just lovely in helping out on the donor search.

I look forward to moving into the next little section in the roll call

Although I haven’t chimed in too much, I read this thread avidly and I’m sure I’ll have more to contribute and ask you more experienced ladies as we get further into this.

x

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Anait  (21-03-2014),sootymay  (18-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why do some of you ladies use dex?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angel : I take prednisone rather than dex but it is a similar steroid medication that helps with reducing inflammation and/or immune responses . It is generally part of any immune protocol for IVF. For me personally it is being used to overcome any hinderances to a bfp caused by my severe endo and a family history of anti phospholipid syndrome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After I posted to it I thought about it, it's like how they give it to leukaemia kids for the same reason.

Does anyone even alternate between pred and dex? Because with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia they do to stop you body becoming accustomed to it.

I feel for the ladies on it because when my son was the 'roid' rage (but is it easy to control those feelings) and the hunger that comes with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twirlywhirl View Post

We are 8 weeks pregnant today with one baby!! Wahoooo!!

xxx

Hi Twirly, was this your first scan? Congratulations!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Emski!

Thanks for the congrats!

Our first scan was March 13th at our NZ fertility clinic who did the early pregnancy monitoring after Cape Town and they saw one healthy baby.

After some light brown (pain free) bleeding over the weekend, I wanted to have a second scan to check everything was still ok, which we did yesterday at our obstetricians. The baby is looking perfect with a strong heartbeat but interestingly they also saw an empty sac that measured around 6 weeks so we started out with twins! That maybe could also explain the bleeding which has now stopped? We weren't sad though - for whatever reason, the embryo wasn't meant to be. We did a little blessing for him/her - and remain very grateful and excited at being pregnant with one healthy baby!

Good luck for your upcoming trip

10. The Following User Says Thank You to twirlywhirl For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (18-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Oh that's great that your little one is thriving!
    Sorry I must have missed your update regarding the bleeding.. I've been a bit self involved over the last couple of weeks
    Thanks for the well wishes!
    Em x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

twirlywhirl  (18-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishing you safe travels tomorrow Em and to you January on Sunday

The last few days for me I have been overcome with a real sense of anxiety. I think it's what's stopping me from packing (I am normally the one packed and ready to go a week out from travelling OS.)
    I think the magnitude of what we are about to do has all really hit me , I hope this disappears by tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    You'll be right Blinky - it's daunting but keep your eye on the prize
    I'm feeling ok about it all - have so much to do between today and tomorrow I don't think I have time to panic hehe.
    Birthday today - 42 urgh. Had a few pinots with my sister last night to celebrate and regretting it this morning now that I have to run around like a mad woman to get things done!
    How are you going January?
    Em x

15. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (19-03-2014)