Closed Thread
Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinks, I would email Dr L R and ask for his recommendation on that one. He told me, ideally I should be looking for a donor who produced 15+Good quality eggs which fertilised well with some to freeze.... And that's where I was shot as none of my donors had any ever left to freeze. My frozen donor had two batches of frozen eggs one with 12 eggs and one with 10 eggs... I'm 16 weeks pregnant thanks to one of those little frosties... So eggs left to freeze is something else you should enquire about when looking at your donors stats.

re the smoking thing, I smoked quite heavily when I fell pregnant with my 12 year old. I so regret smoking now, but she is a strong fit healthy girl. In saying that, I did not want my donor to smoke.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky I asked about this with my fs last Thursday re AMH and he said it wasn't necessary being young and would cause me to worry more (true) but I have requested it from CFC as they told me that it can provide information for her cycling.

Emski

I was told it was a max of 6 pregnancies not donation times.

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Those that have already been to Cape Town and have been on a Safari (Game Reserve) would you recommend it? Which one did you do?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helenmac - we went to The Aquilla Private Game Reserve and absolutely loved it. I had been to Kruger Years ago, drove around for 3 days and did not even see all of the big 5! We saw everything at Aquilla by just doing the afternoon safari, staying overnight and then doing the early morning safari. It's a smaller park, but you get to see everything and the accommodation and food is divine.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (03-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Angelmama how much did they charge to get the AMH test done ?
    Thanks for the info on safaris rainbow... It's something we want to do while we are there.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's was R600 and yes great info on Safaris.

What about table mountain and the cable car?

I am starting to get excited planning this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angelmama - The best thing to do for Table Mountain is to pre-purchase tickets online here http://tablemountain.net/buy_tickets/ they are valid for one week and mean that you don't have to line up to buy tickets (before you line up to get on the cable car). Make sure you go as early in the morning as you can, because it gets REALLY busy! And if it's a windy day, they can shut the cable car down, so if you are on the top of the mountain and that happens, you would have to walk to the bottom (which takes a couple of hours).

We walked right across the top and it was absolutely magical. The views are breathtaking and the cloud formations constantly change, which change the colour of your photos. There is a cafeteria up at the top which sells food and drink and of course a souvenir shop!

I can guarantee you that you won't have any problem finding things to do in Cape Town, there is just so much to do it isn't funny - and if you like shopping you can burn a serious hole in your wallet down at the V&A!

You have LOTS to look forward to - the food, wine, service and the city itself are just out of this world! You have lots to keep you occupied and your mind off the real reason you will be there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow with the safari, I looked at the website, do you drive yourself around the reserve? I noticed it said self drive?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got Danny to take us. Danny is a driver that several girls on this forum have used as well as is recommended by the CFC. We had our 12 year old daughter with us, so it was cheaper for us to get Danny to drive us up there and pick us up the next day. He also got a discount on the accommodation for us at Aquilla. I can PM you his email address and you can make contact with him. If you are interested in other game parks, he can also quote you prices on those. We loved Danny - he helped us so much and was always there to pick us up on time every time. We had to make a few speedy visits to the clinic and he was fantastic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry Angel… Aquilla is not a self drive Safari.. you can't drive yourself through the park you have to go on their organised Safari's.

The guides were extremely knowledgable and boy did we see some amazing things. They also have a rescue shelter for Cheetah's and Leopards right across the road from Aquilla, so they will take you there to see the Cheetah's and Leopards… they are in enclosures which you cannot enter - there was a lion there and my husband unknowing walked up to say "hello" and oh my goodness you should have heard it roar at him!

We loved every minute of our time at Aquilla, but I'm sure other ladies on here will be able to tell you about their great experiences at other parks as well. We were also looking at going to Sanbona, but just didn't have time.