Closed Thread
Page 78 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Plimpy & Jennilee - Congratulations on your wonderful new additions Super news ladies - what journey. Enjoy the beginning of you new lives as Mums - beautiful

Angel - that is AWESOME news, when I read you had nausea.... I thought YES this is it, you are going to be the next one. I'm so happy for you.

Hi to everyone else- this forum is like a racing car, I cant keep up either. Good luck to all the ladies & gents travelling over soon.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Plimpy  (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone seen this website http://www.reproductive-tourism.com

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, just a quick pop in from me.

We have pulled out of our treatment at CFC as my DH and I have now separated. Surprised me, I thought we were on the same page. Anyway I will hopefully get myself sorted and do donor egg/sperm in a few years. CFC have been quite good about it all and I ended up getting most of the money back.

Just on a side note to be aware of. We had our donor back out and then tried to get another one. We wanted a proven donor and I asked the agencies for information on various donors we were interested in. All agencies except one provided basic info and directed me to contact CFC directly for more detailed info. But one agency provided, egg numbers, blast numbers, transfer numbers, pregnancy numbers, frozen embryo numbers which I thought was great until I heard back from CFC and the numbers from them where completely different. Less eggs, no blasts, no frozens etc. I don't want to name and shame but just to make everyone aware to check directly with CFC. I asked why different details CFC advised their info was from the lab and the agency advised sometimes there was small differences. But to me they weren't small.

Good luck to everyone heading off. Hopefully I will be back in a few years.
    Lil

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Lily, so sorry to read your update. I hope that it all goes as well for you as it can in your situation. Thanks for the heads up on checking with the clinic as well as the agency.

Em xx

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lily - sad to hear your update. The whole infertility rollercoaster can be be damaging to relationships and even more difficult if you aren't on the same page.
    Wishing you strength and resilience as you work through this all x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. Congratutions to Jenilee, plimy and Angel.

Unfortunately I'm writing to you all from my hospital bed. O was admitted last wendsday night as I was feeling so tired and was very dehydrated. I had keynotes in my urine and my potassium levels were severe. My obstetrician has been monitoring me like a hawks. I was put on a drip to get my potassium levels back to normal and went home on Saturday morning. Yesterday I woke up and felt very average given I had slept all Saturday day and night... Had breakfast jumped on the scales as I seemed so full of fluid and I had gained 7kgs. Had not been eating anything outside of my normal diet so thought it was just fluid retention from the drip. Went for a walk around the park with my husband to try and get the fluid moving along with drinking lots of water... Got home and had a small quiche for lunch then felt like I was having a heart attack. Called my obstetrician who said to meet him at the hospital...he ran blood and urine tests on me immediately and they now are suspecting pancreatitis. I'm back in hospital now waiting for an endoscopy first thing Monday morning!

Our little man is thriving, they monitor him constantly along with me. He's now 2 week ahead of his dates so my on is also considering delivering me at 36-37 weeks instead of 38-39 weeks.

I've now finished work as my obstetrician doesn't want me to work any more.

Hopefully we will get to the bottom of what's going on with me today so that I get to enjoy the rest of my pregnancy as I had been?

I am so amazed by how wonderful all the nurses have been to me here. I'm in the north shore private hospital maternity ward and can hear all the new little bubs being born. The thought that in 6-8 weeks it will be my turn really perks me up.

I'm also very grateful our nursery is completed and just needs our little man now.

Lots of wonderful things happening in here. For those of you about to travel to SA good luck.

Special hello to January. I was upset to read about your donor but hope everything is back on track for you now? I will never forget all the help you provided me with in the lead up to my cycle. I pray your next one will be THE one.

Lots of love and babydust to all of you.

RBx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Bloody hell Rainbow, you poor bugger! Glad to hear you are being monitored closely and well looked after. Also very glad to hear your little one is going well.
    I hope the rest goes smoothly for you.
    Will be thinking of you and checking for updates
    Em xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lily - I am so so sorry to hear that. The toll it takes on relationships is huge. We have our own issues dealing with the constant uphill battle of infertility. You sound very positive, but it must be hard for you. Thank you for the info re. clinics vrs agency #'s. I never thought to double check either.

Rainbow - OMG, you were doing so well too. You're obviously in the best hands and your wee boy is soldiering on, he's been a little fighter from the beginning! Glad you have finished work & the nursery is ready and waiting. Keep us posted, what a fright for you & your family. I'm thinking of you & hope it gets better soon for you x o
    Last edited by sootymay; 10-03-2014 at 11:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Rainbow - thinking of you and really hope you get to the bottom of what is going on? Glad the little one is ok

Lily72 - so sorry to read your post! IVF is a tough road as we know and can tip relationships over the edge! My partner and I have spent our entire relationship trying to conceive and it has caused many stresses that other people don't ever have to face! Look after yourself lovely we are all thinking of you

Plimpy- I hope you got my PM as I don't always have success with the messaging system on here If not let me know.

Blinky & Emski - how cool you will be on the same flight! I am 3 days behind you so hopefully we can catch up over there

Angelmama - great news re the early sneaky testing I think most of us cave and test! It's so hard not to.

AFM - leave on the 23rd and start Progynova tomorrow

Hi to everyone else

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (10-03-2014),emski72  (10-03-2014),Plimpy  (10-03-2014),Rainbowchaser  (11-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow chaser, you poor thing. I'm glad you are are being well looked after and your baby is thriving. It's times like these a good obstetrician is well worth the money. I hope you're back to normal soon. Take care

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abundance1 For This Useful Post:

Rainbowchaser  (12-03-2014),sootymay  (11-03-2014)