Closed Thread
Page 75 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge congratulations Plimpy! So wonderful to hear your baby boy arrived safely.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

Plimpy  (09-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all,

I have been reading through this thread on and off and my fiancé and I have finally decided to go down this path. I have seen the FS and have been convinced.
    So now to get the ball rolling. I have only literally just emailed the FS today to advise we would like to go ahead, so nothing will happen for at least a week - forms, payment etc.

I know there is so much information on this thread that will certainly be a great help so I will go back and read up and copy down relevant info.

I will likely be travelling there on my own as my partner won't be able to spend time there due to work but he will go just for a couple of days.

I'm excited and nervous all in one. I have to work out what to tell my boss too.

You are all wonderful for sharing all your experiences and knowledge - thank you for that.

If you have tips on particular accommodation best for travelling alone please let me know. Ill be on a budget too, so can't afford 5 star.

Good luck to all those currently waiting for results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations KLM on along the very big step of moving to Donor eggs!
    This forum is certainly a great resource of information.
    As for accommodation recommendations , having just come off a failed OE cycle we too didn't want to go 5* . We have travelled a lot and have always found our best experiences have been in less 'sanitised' digs. While we haven't been yet (we leave in 12 days..) I found some great accommodation options on a site called airbnb. Some were quite cheap $75 a night, we found a place for $112 that gives us a 2 bedroom apartment (I have a brother travelling with us) in the city . Will let you know how it turns out but we aren't expecting any dramas

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stayed at Lizzie's B & B in Newlands and it was great. Approx 50 a night. I didn't hire a care but if you get a taxi Nagel's Safe Cabs were very reliable and gave a price when you rang to book.

I felt very safe as well, lots of security and people around as long as you take normal precautions. I actually feel Perth is more dangerous that SA.
    Last edited by angelmama74; 08-03-2014 at 16:48.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to angelmama74 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When people came from SA, when did you start POAS? I am not very patience and I am starting to get highly strung about my impending blood test on Wed.

I bought some FRER today and tomorrow I am 11DPO. My period pain symptoms have now gone but yesterday and today I had slight waves of nausea in the morning, my boobs aren't sore and no over frequent weeing. But when I do go, sometimes I feel I need to go again straight after. TMI lol.

Damn you 2ww, just be over and I want to know one way or the other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Just dropping in to announce some very big news on behalf of Jennilee who I visited yesterday in hospital

It's a Girl born 5 March 51cm/3.16kg

She's about the cutest thing I've ever seen Mum and Dad ecstatic. A huge congratulations to a special friend

10. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Missleo  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have another question - (I am reading from the start here) Many of you talk about donors with different agencies and being able to choose which agency etc.

My FS has emailed an introduction to EDSA. So I assume that is the one I will be going with. So once I send off my paperwork I suppose they will then tell me to contact EDSA and they will give me the website to scroll through. Is that correct?
    How are you able to see that donors are with other agencies?

Or did some of your just contact directly the clinics over there yourselves without intros from the FS here?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Did you give that baby a cuddle from me January? DO you know the name? V. Jealous of your baby cuddles.
    Congratulations Jennilee! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    KML05111

You don't have to use EDSA, you can chose who you like and what donor meets the description and qualities you want.

I went with ababysa because they had the donor that met our requirements. CFC will send you list of approved agencies. Some people have had problems with certain ones but if in doubt as CFC because Ababysa wasn't on their list but Dr M said they were fine to use.

Do you have a list of the agencies?

Good luck in choosing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to angelmama74 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    KLM just look them up and register online, some of the agencies that CFC use are Sunshine, ababysa, nurture, giftovlife and edsa. You use the agency that has the donor you want... edsa has an affiliation with the clinic, perhaps that's why it was the only one mentioned.
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

16. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (08-03-2014)