Closed Thread
Page 73 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats on the Tx's Angel & Bertie... Sorry Angel I have no idea about embie gradings, I have only ever managed to transfer a few and we never discussed quality as we were just grateful to get a Tx.
    AFM #just whistling in the corner waiting for AF to arrive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Blinky - I was sent an email attachment with the blastocyst grading explained. I've cut and pasted the info here so hope it works for you. Looks like you have some good quality full blastocysts waiting in the freezer for you :-)
    Blastocyst Development and Blastocyst Quality Grading (or scoring)
    There are 3 distinct parts to a blastocyst - the two cell types and the fluid cavity (see picture above).
    As development of blastocysts progresses, cells in the 2 components divide and the fluid cavity enlarges.
    With continued blastocyst development the embryo expands, the shell thins, and it hatches from its shell.
    Blastocyst Implantation into the lining of the uterus can then begin.
    This blastocyst grading system assigns 3 separate quality scores to each
    blastocyst embryo:
    1. Blastocyst development stage - expansion and hatching status
    2. Inner cell mass (ICM) score, or quality
    3. Trophectoderm (TE) score, or quality
    Expansion grade
    Blastocyst development and stage status
    1. Blastocoel cavity less than half the volume of the embryo
    2. Blastocoel cavity more than half the volume of the embryo
    3. Full blastocyst, cavity completely filling the embryo
    4. Expanded blastocyst, cavity larger than the embryo, with thinning of the shell
    5. Hatching out of the shell
    6. Hatched out of the shell
    ICM grade
    Inner cell mass quality
    A - Many cells, tightly packed
    B - Several cells, loosely grouped
    C - Very few cells
    TE grade Trophectoderm quality
    A - Many cells, forming a cohesive layer
    B - Few cells, forming a loose epithelium
    C - Very few large cells

Sunflower - Fingers crossed any extra testing doesn't delay your cycle too much.

Pixel - lovely to hear from you. So happy to find out you're now at 27 weeks. On the home stretch now

Blinky - I hope AF turns up soon.

Sooty - I hope the semen analysis goes well

MrsErinR - Fingers crossed for you :-)

Emski - I hope your system is behaving itself now. This IVF shenanigans certainly teaches us patience!

MGCBertie - Congrats on being PUPO. Fingers crossed for you.

AFM: Had 32 week scan on Monday. My baby boy is head down and ready to go (though hopefully not just yet!) Seems like he's a chunky monkey - weighing approx. 2.1 kg. So glad I'm having a C-section at 38 weeks. He also apparently has lots of hair. 3 weeks left of work after this week and then it's 2 weeks at home washing baby clothes before his arrival. It's been an anxious pregnancy as I'm sure you'll all understand. I'm starting to believe this may actually happen now. Have a great day everyone.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-03-2014),sootymay  (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry the blast grading is for Angel :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi ladies,

thanks to Blinky, Rainbow, MrsErinR and Sunflower for the support during my very stressful few days after the great hormone debacle.

My estrogen levels have come down from 565 to 232 - still high but lowering not raising Dr Le Roux said this means we are ok to continue- I'll delay the start of the estrogen though apparently. I am so relieved, I had visions of having to cancel the trip, or freezing all the eggs and going later, fertilisiing all the the eggs without transfers. Waiting on Elaine to send through my revised plan now.

Angelmama - glad to hear you have two blasts in the freezer - sounds like you were over your trip by the end of it. Must be hard without the other half there with you. Enjoy being PUPO with some young eggs on board!

January - how have you gotten on? Did the new donor go ahead? Have been thinking about you.

Em x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And she rears her ugly head
    Lucrin starts tonight

January : how's things going for you? Did they get your donor to her psych appointment?

Emski: yay! Glad to hear things get to go ahead

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the wishmeluck, I got that pdf from the clinic as well. I hate not knowing what it all means. Kimenthra emailed me back with a explanation but I still want more info.

I was by the end Em, I missed my daughter terribly and once I had seen all the sites I wanted to, I was left with little to do.

Its so nice to be home, and my DH bless him, cleaned the house and quite well as well.

Most of the flight I still had the period like sensation in my abdomen and it feel very heavy. With my first miscarriage I had this same sensation Day 10 so I am hoping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmama74 View Post
    Hi sunflower

It could have been tese or the tesa I cant ever remember but he was always in pain and got infections after. This time we used donor sperm. He had all the others done back in aus and had it 3 times.

We have got 2 frozen B3AB as well, does anyone know if that's good?

I have been having twinges and pinches and it feels like my period.

So looking forward to home but now in Jo burg and that 11hr flight to Singapore

Angel, great news on your 2 little frosties and those pain/twinges sound like they could be your little ones nestling in. Poor hubby, it is not a nice procedure for them and mine is not looking forward to another we were hoping after the last one it would be it, but transferring sounds like it will be super excy and all too hard and take too long. He will definitely be having full general this time around. Hope the rest of your flight goes fast and your home safe and sound soon.

Great news MGC Bertie, though extra stress you don't need at transfer time.

Hope your 2weeks of torture go fast.

Thanks wishmeluck, hope your little one is happy where he is for a few more weeks.
    Would you believe our donor will need the extra testing and they reckon that the results may take 4 - 8 weeks to get back, plus an extra R5892 Feeling very frustrated at the moment, if they take 8 weeks will be very unlikely we can do our cycle in May (keeping positive she is not a carrier, she's not for the most common mutations). When i first emailed the clinic i told them of our situation and that hubby carried a specific CF gene so we would need to make sure our donor was not a carrier and asked if May was realistic for doing our cycle and they came back yes! we now have our parents coming to stay with us in the beg. of june and beg of july, so will be tight for us to get there then. Just when you think everything is going ok... wham! Gosh ladies, I really wonder how we keep going some days. I know when we hold our bundles, it will all be worth it but i am over all these hurdles and hoops we have to jump through xx

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunflower11 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-03-2014),wishmeluck  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, was typing y long rant and just seen your update Emski and blinky, glad things are moving along ok for you both.

January, hope your donor has been able to get another psych time sorted and it hasn't delayed you.

Glad you are home Angel, sending lots of positive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower11 View Post
    Angel, great news on your 2 little frosties and those pain/twinges sound like they could be your little ones nestling in. Poor hubby, it is not a nice procedure for them and mine is not looking forward to another we were hoping after the last one it would be it, but transferring sounds like it will be super excy and all too hard and take too long. He will definitely be having full general this time around. Hope the rest of your flight goes fast and your home safe and sound soon.

Great news MGC Bertie, though extra stress you don't need at transfer time.

Hope your 2weeks of torture go fast.

Thanks wishmeluck, hope your little one is happy where he is for a few more weeks.
    Would you believe our donor will need the extra testing and they reckon that the results may take 4 - 8 weeks to get back, plus an extra R5892 Feeling very frustrated at the moment, if they take 8 weeks will be very unlikely we can do our cycle in May (keeping positive she is not a carrier, she's not for the most common mutations). When i first emailed the clinic i told them of our situation and that hubby carried a specific CF gene so we would need to make sure our donor was not a carrier and asked if May was realistic for doing our cycle and they came back yes! we now have our parents coming to stay with us in the beg. of june and beg of july, so will be tight for us to get there then. Just when you think everything is going ok... wham! Gosh ladies, I really wonder how we keep going some days. I know when we hold our bundles, it will all be worth it but i am over all these hurdles and hoops we have to jump through xx
    Sunflower did your husband have it under local? My husband had it under general every time. It wasn't nice for him but he sucked it up with a lot of whinging lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Samuel James was born today, 7/3 at 1102. He is 3.47 kg. we are both well.

all the best to everyone. Hope you all find yourselves here one day soon

plimpy

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Plimpy For This Useful Post:

laned  (08-03-2014),MGC Bertie  (07-03-2014),sootymay  (10-03-2014),Sunflower11  (09-03-2014)