Closed Thread
Page 72 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Angel, glad you got 2 blasts to put back!! hope you get a few frosties as well

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Still here

Hi lovely ladies,

Just wanted to pop on and say I read the daily emails from this thread and am always thinking and praying for us all to find our little ones.

i have procrastinated posting as I feel so far behind and like to do personals but my pregnancy brain just can't seem to keep up.

So firstly Helen Mac sorry for the loss of one of your twins I hope your heart has healed some and you are feeling more relaxed.

Good luck to Thembs and angelmama and mrs Erin R can't wait to read of your BFPs

allieoop thanks for for the update and good luck for your birth next week
    Crystal so sorry to hear your cycle in Czech wasn't successful it's just not fair.

Laned nearly got a first bday to plan

Hi to sooty May, JodiW, January, abundance, wish me luck, rainbow, plimpy, emski, blinks, sunflower, Esperanza,feather, McG Bertie sending my best wishes for either your upcoming cycle or pregnancy/birth.

Given I went to Medfem in joburg and worldwide IVF clinic in Bangkok I often feel I don't have much to add to cycles being planned in CT. Except that I have found of all the cycles I've done in Oz and OS there is always the fear of the gamble and the emotional roll coaster to get to transfer. I wish it was different as it's such a hard experience to go through especially when it doesn't all go as we would like. In all of my cycles and I think it was about 11 in total I never had good numbers even with my 2 donor cycles, it's so hard to stay positive when you feel the pressure is on that one cycle with no frosties. The fear of having to go back to the start and choose a donor again and the deep worry that there's something wrong with your body it's just heartbreaking. Every week that passes I feel a little more reassurance that lll get to hold my little one and most of the time I still can't believe I've made it this far but it's definitely a different kind of worry from infertility stress. I guess all I'm trying to say I know how hard it is and I know it feels like it will never happen but I feel if it can happen for me, we can all get there it's just being in it to win it.

ATM I'm 27 weeks and have just done the test for gestational diabetes and will find out the results tomorrow. I have had a great pregnancy so far after the initial bleeds. I gained weight while on the prednesolone in the first 12 weeks but have stayed the same since then. I'm back and work after the 12 weeks bed rest at the start and am enjoying the extra cash and only have 7 weeks to go. W are renovating the kitchen so that's been a little stressful but overall the endorphins I seem to have with pregnancy and the grateful heart of having my little one move around inside me keeps me in a constant state of happiness. I've got some hip pain when I walk so I've started getting some treatments but I find it tricky to get a good stretch. I have bought a pram and got lots of hand me downs but after the kitchen the nursery is our next mission.
    Anyway love to all and I'm looking forward to a long list of BFPs this year

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (07-03-2014),MGC Bertie  (04-03-2014),sootymay  (04-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angel - that's great news. 2 for transfer and that seems to be normal waitingin until Day 6 to hear what they can freeze. That happened here in Australia for me too. Just bear in mind, they may not call you - so do follow them up if you aren't content waiting for the call / email

Pixel - so great to hear from you It gives us all so much hope and I know you were in our shoes with those going back for a 2nd attempt, I remember your time so well, and sitting back here in Australia, logging on to the computer, with baited breath, feeling your pain, your anguish at the time, the fear, & then later your heart warming and such exciting news, when both you & your husband found out together that Saturday morning that you were pregnant !!!!!!!!! - it had finally worked !! What a journey. I can't wait to hear more as you progress & before long, finally your little one will be here.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (05-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that, I am not a very person which doesn't help but I have already followed up with an email.

I have never has any day 5 to freeze before but I am going to be gutted if I don't but if they don't freeze I guess they wouldn't have made it anyway. Arrrrggghhh hate my brain some times I can be rational with my thoughts and other times crazy.

I fly home tomorrow and I am looking forward to it, 8 days was more than enough for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angel - the last week & the next 2 weeks are always the hardest with the mind games, trying to keep control of all the thoughts that will no doubtedly be invading your mind. Try & stay strong (easy for me to say, its not easy). Were you over there on your own? I knew you used donor sperm but haven't been following the forum from the beginning of your journey, so didn't realise you went on your own? That would make it a lot harder on you too.
    They have very high standards for freezing, sometimes I wonder if it's even higher than transfer requirements? I also sometimes wonder why we cant rescue a few extra and pop them back for good measure, rather than letting them go if they aren't' super strong for freezing...
    but then I guess it would end up like The States with quads etc !

We've requested 1 straw of semen be thawed & tested, to make sure its going to be viable, before getting over there on my own to find out at the 11th hour. 240R for a semen analysis - oh I wish it was as cheap here.
    Last edited by sootymay; 05-03-2014 at 05:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Pixel, so glad everything is going well for you!! Nice to see you progressing so well

Angel, hope you ended up getting a few frosties!!

Hi everyone else

9. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (05-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Congrats MrsErin and Angelmamma, sending positive vibes that your little embabies are getting cosy. In previous transfers i too have been told no perfume and various for non and full bladder, this just depends on whether they use u/s for the transfer, which is nice as you get to see your little embabies once placed. Hope you hear soon if you have any to freeze angel.

MGCBertie, how did you go with fertilisation, keeping all crossed for you.

I am with you Sooty, you read so many stories where blasts are returned but may not be perfect looking and they result in pregnancies and perfect looking ones don't. My Dr in Oz believes that they are still not a 100% with the grading system, as far as knowing exactly if they will stick and lead to a pregnancy, it has mainly been designed to work out the best ones to put back when they started to try and reduce the number of multiple births. There is still so much they don't know or have control over once its returned to the uterus.

Hi Pixel, congrats on your pregnancy and for popping back is lovely to hear how you are getting on and learning from your experiences.

Emski, hope all goes well with your bloods tomorrow. My system has definitely started being very unpredictable since starting ivf. Typically does exactly what it shouldn't at the most crucial times.

Feather, great work on your discount from nurture. I've not only sucked it up but also got hit with an extra $150 for travel expenses for our donor as well We just got so excited when we saw her it was too late to negotiate.

Esperanza, you sound like you are in very good hands. Sometimes I wish i didn't know so much about this crazy process, sometimes less is best and you can't worry about something you don't know.

I'm nervously waiting to hear from Karin regarding some further tests we may need due to a genetic issue and hoping we won't need them as it will blow our start date out by 8 weeks We were also hoping we could transfer hubbys sperm from Australia but looks like it has to be carried by a courier and though i haven't gotten a quote yet sounds like it will be expensive and the permit for it can also take 8 weeks... Angelmamma, believe your husband had TESA in CT, how did he find it? Hubby was really hoping not to have another procedure as he has 4 TESE's already but TESA sounds not so invasive?
    Anyone transferred sperm from Oz to CT?

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunflower11 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (05-03-2014),MGC Bertie  (05-03-2014),sootymay  (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower11 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Congrats MrsErin and Angelmamma, sending positive vibes that your little embabies are getting cosy. In previous transfers i too have been told no perfume and various for non and full bladder, this just depends on whether they use u/s for the transfer, which is nice as you get to see your little embabies once placed. Hope you hear soon if you have any to freeze angel.

MGCBertie, how did you go with fertilisation, keeping all crossed for you.

I am with you Sooty, you read so many stories where blasts are returned but may not be perfect looking and they result in pregnancies and perfect looking ones don't. My Dr in Oz believes that they are still not a 100% with the grading system, as far as knowing exactly if they will stick and lead to a pregnancy, it has mainly been designed to work out the best ones to put back when they started to try and reduce the number of multiple births. There is still so much they don't know or have control over once its returned to the uterus.

Hi Pixel, congrats on your pregnancy and for popping back is lovely to hear how you are getting on and learning from your experiences.

Emski, hope all goes well with your bloods tomorrow. My system has definitely started being very unpredictable since starting ivf. Typically does exactly what it shouldn't at the most crucial times.

Feather, great work on your discount from nurture. I've not only sucked it up but also got hit with an extra $150 for travel expenses for our donor as well We just got so excited when we saw her it was too late to negotiate.

Esperanza, you sound like you are in very good hands. Sometimes I wish i didn't know so much about this crazy process, sometimes less is best and you can't worry about something you don't know.

I'm nervously waiting to hear from Karin regarding some further tests we may need due to a genetic issue and hoping we won't need them as it will blow our start date out by 8 weeks We were also hoping we could transfer hubbys sperm from Australia but looks like it has to be carried by a courier and though i haven't gotten a quote yet sounds like it will be expensive and the permit for it can also take 8 weeks... Angelmamma, believe your husband had TESA in CT, how did he find it? Hubby was really hoping not to have another procedure as he has 4 TESE's already but TESA sounds not so invasive?
    Anyone transferred sperm from Oz to CT?
    Hi sunflower

It could have been tese or the tesa I cant ever remember but he was always in pain and got infections after. This time we used donor sperm. He had all the others done back in aus and had it 3 times.

We have got 2 frozen B3AB as well, does anyone know if that's good?

I have been having twinges and pinches and it feels like my period.

So looking forward to home but now in Jo burg and that 11hr flight to Singapore

13. The Following User Says Thank You to angelmama74 For This Useful Post:

Sunflower11  (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quick update.... one fertlised, and today one nice little 4 cell embryo put in on day 2. Hopefully it was mine, as slight mix up, as second lady in the queue had the same first name as me - the embryologist was sure she had it correct, but the FS checked about 4 times, which didn't seem good. Anyhow, at this stage, I don't care, as I will take any baby now! I'm sure it was right in the end :-)) So now just keeping busy for the next two weeks. Have hardly been at work recently, so back to work tomorrow and hopefully that should keep me more than busy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunflower - all I've heard is very expensive to ship any human material in or out of Australia due to the cost and legislation. I didn't even look into it because of that.

Angel - that is AWESOME news with 2 frozen.. you've got your back up plan now, at a fraction of the cost. Relax now... twinges already... I'm no expert.. but I remember that happening to a few others, & bingo, they were pregnant. I have everything crossed for you. The first leg on Singapore Airlines is fab, bigger plane - 2nd leg is the killer - hunched up like sardines (assuming you are flying the same leg we did with Singapore).

MGC Bertie - you sound in good spirits considering the initial potential mix up ! Good luck for the next 2 weeks. I always think work is a saviour over the 2ww.