Closed Thread
Page 69 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just pondering how some of you decent amount of eggs retrieved but a lot are fizzling out. Do you think your partners sperm plays in why they fizzle or egg quality?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks January for the words of comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by January View Post
    Hi Lovelies,

I need to sit down and spend a couple of hours reading through all your updates and will do this in the coming week. I hope you are all well and happy.

Angelmama - I hope you are having the time of your life! It is a magical place. From my experience last year this in a nutshell, is what happened.

20 eggs/12 fertilized. Day 3 only 2 progressing normally and phone call to come to the clinic urgently for a day 3 transfer. We rushed to the clinic completely stressed and feeling hopeless. I guess why I am telling you this is that if you have not had a call then everything is just fine

AFM
    - a little stressed. Our donor attended initial appointment but failed to make psychologist appointment so still waiting! Its really hard to get leave from our employers so extremely stressed at potential short notice of cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi all,

January sorry to hear you're going through this... when is she expected to go for her psych testing? I hope you can keep on track with your original plans.

Angelmama - I don't know the answer fully to your question but yes I do believe sperm plays a part.

Rainbow & Laned - I really appreciate you reeling me in - luckily I was stupidly busy yesterday do didn't have too much time to dwell on it. I also figure the ball is in motion now and there's nothing I can do to change it. Dr Le Roux got back to me last night and said it's probably nothing to worry about but requested I get my hormones checked to see if I'm good to go. My FS here is impossible to get in to see or to get a response from sometimes... I'll just go through my GP I think. Hopefully I can get same day results. I had a bit more minor spotting yesterday but still not what I would call a period... so I think it is my D&C from Nov coming back to haunt me at the worst time. I wasn't planning a scan before I leave but now I'm thinking maybe I will to put my mind at ease... or maybe it will just stress me out more if it's not looking great lol... might just leave it up to the Gods I think.

Angelmama glad to hear you got an update ... maybe 3 more took off at the last minute? What day is your transfer?

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angel - The same happened with us where they said they would call and they didn't, I was very patient until day 4 (ha ha!) & then phoned them to follow it up. Yes Kimenthra is the senior embryologist I think (and she also owns, or part owns EDSA agency). I'm waiting on an email from her for something myself - though of course not as urgent as what you have going on
    I think you'll have to keep on them if you want an answer, unfortunately they seem to be bit slow at responding - one friend came back pregnant and it took her weeks to find out what had happened to her remaining embryos.

Sperm - I tend to think it takes 2 to tango, so it must be sperm too - especially if you look at the DNA Fragmentation side of things. However, Dr Le Roux recently replied to a detailed email I sent asking all these questions and said it is usually a egg quality issue. I can't quite get my head around that, especially with young eggs & proven donors with good numbers? Maybe its is the same anywhere you go, just pure luck of the draw?

When you said you needed a report for using donor sperm - was that a physiological report? That's what Elaine told us, which I found a little bemusing, considering we didn't need a report for using donor eggs ... maybe they think if you are using both you need a report? But she did specifically say for "using donor sperm".
    You've got good numbers, that is an excellent start - good luck for your transfer day.

January - sorry to hear you're waiting for reports to come back before you can proceed, I know the feeling with work & time off. This time has been the same for us, very stressful managing it all isn't it.

Blinky - re. the Lucrin daily injection - can I ask how much that cost? (Thanks Rainbow for your suggestion on containers - what a great idea and nice & compact to travel with). I'm tossing up whether to go for the cheapest option this time, which would be the spray of course (but I've never used it and am worried about side effects & the head aches a lot seem to get - and its one more thing to remember twice a day, all the way through to CFC) Last time I bought the depot injection, at a hefty $1500 or so - cant remember the exact price - it worked a treat, and just one injection. But once again this is all on credit cards, so I should probably re-consider along with the cost of the immune treatment we are following.

Em - I'm not sure about the spotting side of things either sorry. I hope you get it sorted, its so difficult to get into FS's - hopefully your GP can arrange everything for you.
    Last edited by sootymay; 02-03-2014 at 10:27.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (02-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Rainbow: great suggestion , I will hunt down one of those containers. I am feeling much better today... Was just a little overwhelmed with The idea of another thing to remember to take everyday + it being a needle :s ,

Sooty: the lucrin injection (daily) cost $299 at chemist warehouse but they had to order it in ... If it was a bit cheaper I probably would have scraped it and gotten a new script for Synarel (it's icky and gives horrible headaches but the logistics are easier )

January: how awful to have things stalled with just a few weeks to go
    Is your donor agency helping at all? Hope it all fixes itself quickly.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow so much is happening in here. I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't read through everyone's posts yet so sorry if I've missed something.

angelmama - hope you are enjoying your time in Cape Town and I wish you all the best for your transfer on Monday.

January -hopefully your donor catches up with all her tests. Apparently my donors tests were weeks ago and I'm still being told they haven't got results yet, but things went perfectly? Go figure, it's very frustrating. I'm not going too crazy yet as I'm not due to head over til about April 18th due to commitments of my donor.

Sunflower -congrats on finding a donor. Hopefully everything moves smoothly and quickly for you here on out

emski and blinky -
    not long now. I'm so excited for you guys.

sooty - hope you are making progress with all your immune testing.

Anyone else I have missed, sorry and hello.

AFM - I am officially freaking out right now. I had never heard of any of these IVF barriers such as NK cells, DNA fragmentation etc before reading them here. I'm going in to this DEIVF thing completely blind and naive. I've never done IVF, I've never had immune testing. I don't even know if my lining will respond to the meds. ok. Deep breaths..... Deep breaths.
    Last edited by Esperanza; 02-03-2014 at 16:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How many of you used the picsi instead of the standard icdi? With the sperm.

I always thought it is from day 3 when the male DNA took over and that's when it is needed to continue to grow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another thing I was going to say how many of you got 2 bottles of the synarel but only used 1. I only used the one bottle and at $121 a bottle I was a bit annoyed that it was used but then I remembered my phi covered the gap after pbs cost but some of you may not that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sootymay View Post
    Angel - The same happened with us where they said they would call and they didn't, I was very patient until day 4 (ha ha!) & then phoned them to follow it up. Yes Kimenthra is the senior embryologist I think (and she also owns, or part owns EDSA agency). I'm waiting on an email from her for something myself - though of course not as urgent as what you have going on
    I think you'll have to keep on them if you want an answer, unfortunately they seem to be bit slow at responding - one friend came back pregnant and it took her weeks to find out what had happened to her remaining embryos.

Sperm - I tend to think it takes 2 to tango, so it must be sperm too - especially if you look at the DNA Fragmentation side of things. However, Dr Le Roux recently replied to a detailed email I sent asking all these questions and said it is usually a egg quality issue. I can't quite get my head around that, especially with young eggs & proven donors with good numbers? Maybe its is the same anywhere you go, just pure luck of the draw?

When you said you needed a report for using donor sperm - was that a physiological report? That's what Elaine told us, which I found a little bemusing, considering we didn't need a report for using donor eggs ... maybe they think if you are using both you need a report? But she did specifically say for "using donor sperm".
    You've got good numbers, that is an excellent start - good luck for your transfer day.

January - sorry to hear you're waiting for reports to come back before you can proceed, I know the feeling with work & time off. This time has been the same for us, very stressful managing it all isn't it.

Blinky - re. the Lucrin daily injection - can I ask how much that cost? (Thanks Rainbow for your suggestion on containers - what a great idea and nice & compact to travel with). I'm tossing up whether to go for the cheapest option this time, which would be the spray of course (but I've never used it and am worried about side effects & the head aches a lot seem to get - and its one more thing to remember twice a day, all the way through to CFC) Last time I bought the depot injection, at a hefty $1500 or so - cant remember the exact price - it worked a treat, and just one injection. But once again this is all on credit cards, so I should probably re-consider along with the cost of the immune treatment we are following.

Em - I'm not sure about the spotting side of things either sorry. I hope you get it sorted, its so difficult to get into FS's - hopefully your GP can arrange everything for you.
    Hi sooty

Yes they wanted the physiological report but we had my husbands lousy sperm report from his checks after his reversal.

That is good point we don't get ask, maybe they figure after 35ish that's our reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Esperanza- I don't know anything about immune issue and fragmentation either ( and I have a medical background). Thankfully our only issue was my eggs and ED worked first time. Have you seen an FS at all? Depending when your cycle is due and your financial status I would probably see how it goes. If it doesn't work get as much info from CFC and see an FS or GP with an interest infertility issues to see if there are any other issues. Ideally see someone who will see you through the OS ED process not necessarily easy to find. Good luck.

plimpy