Closed Thread
Page 68 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Em how frustrating for you. I hate the waiting for emails or fur anything to happen really!

I asked Dr M about transferring embies 1 or 2. She said 1 in 5 chance you will get twins and they sit 60 to 70 % success rate and I think she said it drops 5 % if you transfer 1 embie.

Afm I never heard from the clinic yesterday so obviously not going in for a day 3 transfer. But I also don't know what's happening with my embies. Kills me not knowing. Got to remember to not stress.

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    No news is probably good news Angelmama - apparently this is the stage where communication gets a bit iffy, going by what ladies have said previously on this thread. Sit tight and hope for the best. Are you enjoying Cape Town? What's the weather like at the moment?
    Thinking of you, hope you get lots I f lovely embies

Em xx
    Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski - I know exactly where you are coming from as I was the same. I had a scan with my clinic in Australia the day before I flew out for CT and my lining was nice and thick, then by the time I had my scan with Dr L R in CT it had formed a beautiful tri-layer... and he was really happy with it. I guess it's not long for you now also? Try not to stress too much, as you are in good hands. Look forward to one of the best holidays of your life and fingers crossed that you come back smuggling some additional luggage The food, wine and things to do in Cape Town are exceptional (as I am sure Angelmama is experiencing right now). You've got LOTS to look forward to, so grab this leap of faith with both hands! xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angel - just call or email your Dr directly and tell them you want an update if you are concerned. They only check the embryos on day 1, 3 & 5 (did they tell you this?), so looks like you could be definitely heading for a day 5 transfer? We only made it to day 3, I only ever made it to day 3 on any of my embryo transfers, but fell pregnant 2 out of 3 times. So it's really the quality of the embryo that counts. On the actual day of transfer at the CFC Dr L R sat down with us and showed us photos of our embryos and then this flip chart of how they were graded. We knew that one of the two was the stellar looking one, and that is perhaps our DS growing happily now? Now go out and eat some of that sensational Cape Town food & wine and try not to stress about it all too much. xxx

Blinky - I had the daily injection also as I had previously ovulated through one of the other suppressants and Dr L R recommended this as the best way to ensure that I would not ovulate. I too was worried about taking the vial on the plane, but I just went to Woollies and bought this little Sistema Breakfast to go Plastic container (which is designed to have either fruit on the top or cereal or yoghurt on the bottom to mix when you want to eat it). I filled the bottom with ice and put the vial in the top also with ice around it - and the cabin crew brought me more ice regularly throughout the flight. They are not allowed to put anything in the refrigerators on board for you, but once you tell them that you have medication on you and need to keep it cold they go out of their way to help you. Just keep everything on your person and don't pack any of your IVF related meds into your check on luggage as they can freeze in the cabin hold. Best to have it all with you in the cabbin. Your letter from your IVF Clinic/GP or the CFC will be all they need to see at any check point and you will sail through without any problems. They were more concerned about my bottles of fragrance being less than 100mls than they were over my truckload of syringes!!! I know it's daunting - but it will be fine. Just be organised and have it all packed into one bag to hand over with the letter and all will be good.

xxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (01-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I emailed my nurse and she said to email Kimenthra which I did but I still haven't heard and that was yesterday. It's day 3 today so I assume I would have heard.

My last 2 pregnancies were day 3 as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angel - why would they divert you back to the agency? give your Dr a call and ask him to give you the update. If they didn't tell you how things were progressing at day 1, I would be demanding they tell you what's going on at day 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Kimerantha is an embryologist at CFC too I thought, maybe thats why...not sure.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lovelies,

I need to sit down and spend a couple of hours reading through all your updates and will do this in the coming week. I hope you are all well and happy.

Angelmama - I hope you are having the time of your life! It is a magical place. From my experience last year this in a nutshell, is what happened.

20 eggs/12 fertilized. Day 3 only 2 progressing normally and phone call to come to the clinic urgently for a day 3 transfer. We rushed to the clinic completely stressed and feeling hopeless. I guess why I am telling you this is that if you have not had a call then everything is just fine

AFM
    - a little stressed. Our donor attended initial appointment but failed to make psychologist appointment so still waiting! Its really hard to get leave from our employers so extremely stressed at potential short notice of cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Em is right, as in embryologist. I have had an email and 14 are progressing, not sure how that works seeing they said 11 fertilised but anyway still going well. They have said Monday is transfer day.

Having a great time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to angelmama74 For This Useful Post:

Sunflower11  (02-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Angel - AWESOME news Hun. Xx

Allie - yes mine was nocturnal too!! I have to say the itching was far worse than being kept awake by our gorgeous little man. Hot showers provided a small amount of relief.

Em - I have a vague recollection that I had a really scant period too. I freaked, but my local FS did a scan and all was okay. Do you have the option of perhaps getting a consult from a local FS for some blood tests and a uterine scan?

Blinky - I took pregnyl on the flight which has to be kept refrigerated. One member of Qantas gave me a big song and dance lecture about how they couldn't put it in the fridge due to policy...blah, blah, blah. Then one of her very obliging male colleagues put it in there anyway. So you may get some relief with that. I have also had another friend who went to SA carry the same drug and like RB was given ice to put in her 'green IVF' Eski bag. We took our green bag. Lord knows after so many failed IVF cycles our pantry is full of them, so we figured it may as well have some use .

13. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (02-03-2014)