Closed Thread
Page 67 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi sooty

Yes you do get to see profiles but we had to send a report saying we needed sperm donation or they wouldn't do it.

With the profiles very few have photos as well.

Hope that helps x

Quote Originally Posted by sootymay View Post
    Your welcome.

I totally agree, whats a few hundred dollars. Can I ask what the process is with donor sperm with CFC. I've tried asking, but they don't think we need it, so I didn't get an answer. Do you get to see profiles as well?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to angelmama74 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I haven't been on here much to read and respond to a few questions. I've got my hands full with our immune treatment with Karen Pace and deciding what to do from herein. Its pretty full on and VERY expensive. So more trips to FS's that will prescribe the meds suggested etc.

Sunflower - Nurture are very expensive and yes I raised it with them back in September last year. I pretty much asked why they were X amount dearer than the other agencies. They did the usual blurb about how good they are, just watch what they go to charge if she is a "travelling donor" too - ask up front - and possibly question that too. Up to you. I know it's not about $ when you see the right one, but fair is fair As soon as I questioned it, they instantly offered a discount - a fairly substantial one as well, though they were still the most expensive even after the discount

Someone asked about a endo scratch and why it could flare up NK Cell activity. To be honest I'm not sure... maybe because you're trying to keep it all calm in there with no inflammation?

Angel - thanks heaps for that info on sperm donors. 19 eggs - that is SUPER numbers for CFC, as far as my memory serves over reading all 3 threads, most donors have from 8 - 13 approx. I'd be extremely happy with those numbers. I've got a feeling this is going to be your turn !! Whoo hoo.

Re. the DNA Fragmentation - I'm not so sure if CFC really think it is necessary from the emails we have been sending back and forth of late about this matter. I gather as long as the sperm are there (even with extreme low motility and morphology, which my DH has) they are happy with that, on the basis they are using ICSI. They keep coming back to it is usually poor egg quality that stops embryos growing on. I'm not so sure... doesn't it take 2 to Tango? I'd love to believe that, as if that was the case then we would have nothing at all to worry about. I just don't understand how a proven donor (our lovely first donor) got 19 eggs, 15 frozen embryos (amazing!) & a pregnancy for that first couple and she has her own child.... and can go from such success - to all 11 eggs not creating any good embryos for transfer or frozen (bless her) 2nd time round? Maybe that does happen? I guess I just keep referring back to my own cycles, where all of them were text book and the same numbers and outcome with the same # of blastocysts... Anyways, what will be will be, but they are questions I continue to have .

Sorry if I've missed anyone - I haven't had a chance to read over everything properly. Good luck in all the preps

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Sunflower11  (01-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Rainbow, I have no idea where my head is but I’ve learned that pregnancy brain is a real thing. For some reason I read that you lost 7 kilos. No idea where I got that. It sounds though like everything is going perfectly so yay! I don’t remember if I mentioned it but I’m seriously impressed that you have your nursery done (if I have that right!?). I just got my husband to put the crib together! The other thing is I wrote gallbladder in terms of the ICP. Sigh. I’m a danger at this point – I think it’s intestines that the bile gets put through. Clearly I’m not to be trusted.

Laned – thanks for the sympathy! Isn’t it brutal? The itching comes out at night, for some strange reason, so it’s really interfering with my sleep. People keep saying, wait till the baby comes, then you’ll know no sleep, but at least the crazy itching will stop!

Angel – GREAT NUMBERS!!! How’s it going? I know how nerve-wracking it is, waiting for the results. Thinking of you.

Thanks Sunflower and Emski, for your words. Sunflower – congrats on finding your donor! Fingers crossed that all goes well from here. Blinky – not long now! Very exciting!

Re. Nurture, Sunflower I had a bit of a problem with the billing, too. I thought they were great and I really liked Kim, don’t get me wrong. But here’s the story: We first went to S. Africa for reasons other than ED but while we were there we met up with Kim to discuss our options. We also went to CFC and met up with Dr. LR just to make sure we were comfortable with everything. We weren’t quite ready for the ED so this was a way for us to wet our feet. Anyway, Kim gave us paperwork that had the prices in Rand which was great for us, really good for the Canadian dollar exchange. But , when we decided to go ahead with it, a few months later, we were quoted in US dollars, which wasn’t as good for us. So, I said no, we want to pay in rand, not US dollars since that’s what we were quoted. Instead of giving us the original quoted cost in rand, however, they reversed the exchange from the US quote and increased the cost substantially – how much, I forget. I was not happy, let me tell you. I complained and ended up getting bumped up to someone higher in the food chain who eventually honoured the original quote in rand but it took a few days before we reached a resolution. On top of that, our donor was coming in from out of town and we had to pay those expenses. I’m pretty sure they were padded – why would she need both a driver and a rental car??? At that point, though, I had already won one battle and didn’t have it in me for a second, so I just shrugged it off. Anyway, I wanted to let you know all this because we have to remember that it’s a business, when you get down to it. I think that Sooty’s advice is good – talk to them, negotiate if you can, and be aware that you don’t *have* to sign with anyone unless you’ve fallen in love with your donor. I really wanted ours, which is why I put up with the cr*p to a certain extent. Good luck!

Sorry if I missed anyone – thinking of you all. Xx.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AllieOop For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (01-03-2014),sootymay  (01-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quick question for you all: do you get to chose how many embryos they put in?
    I don't know why but it struck me that I hadn't asked the Dr before now, which is strange because with my cycles here in Aus I was always very particular to ask this...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I think the max is 2 Blinky but you can opt for one I'm sure.
    AFM - my period has disappeared... really not sure whats going on. I had full bleeding yesterday morning requiring tampons then it stopped about 6pm and I havent bled since! Ive not been on any meds at all until I started Synarel last night... I'm very concerned I've not shed my lining fully. I've never stopped bleeding before or even spotted... argh.
    Have emailed Dr Le Roux as there is no other option... not sure if I should continue synarel or switch to provera or both... waiting to hear back. Sometimes I just really hate the way my body operates
    Em

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs Em. It is frustrating when our bodies don't cooperate. I have been taking Microgynon (BCP) as instructed and have been having breakthrough bleeding for the past 10 days. The frustrating part is if I had not taken BCP , AF would have come exactly at the required time anyway - without the extra spotting/bleeding.
    Let's hope I don't get any SE from the lucrin...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crap, crap, crap ....
    Have just realised I thought the doctor was prescribing me a depot Lucrin injection. Got the script filled and turns out he prescribed me daily lucrin injections (
    How on earth do I transport refrigerated medicine on the plane??!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yeah I had to skip the pill - I would love to have taken it too keep things like 'clockwork' but I can't take it.

It's no drama Blinky - just take some zip lock bags and spares - ask for ice on the plane and use them as cool bags in side a little thermo cool bag if you know what I'm talking about lol. You'll probably need to change out the ice half way through the flight but it will keep it cool.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (01-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski - I think you will be fine darl. Same thing happened to me with my period before my CFC cycle and Karin said that because I was on the pill it was not a proper period anyway. My lining was nice and thick before transfer so try not to stress too much. I have no doubt the CFC will also come back to reassure you also?

Allie - no, I haven't lost 7kg, I thought I had weighed more when I was first pregnant but my obstetrician confirmed otherwise. I'm all baby and he is bigger than his dates weighing an estimate of 1.3kg as of last Monday so that's all good. Baby brain most definitely does exist.. Last week I could not remember the name of somebody I've known for 5 years!!

This little man is just so active in utero... I have a feeling he's going to keep us all on our toes! I keep looking at the pics from our 4D scan last week and it makes my heart melt. He has the most gorgeous little lips and nose... I just want to kiss them!!!

Angel - hope all is going well for you in CT were theAussie cricket team on your flight? Thinking of you and hope that the next few weeks bring you the positive news you so deserve?

RB x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks Rainbow I need to hear those lining 'good news stories' right about now - I guess I just really was hoping for a 'normal' cycle for this one. I think it is the way with a couple of cycles post D&C as well. I'm sure Dr Le Roux will respond when it's a reasonable hour over there... just feeling a bit frustrated and annoyed at my body.

Em x