Closed Thread
Page 65 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MyHeart, I had no idea about DNA fragmentation until it was mentioned in our last cycle. Everything always looks good with fertilisation and then when we get to day 3 everything goes downhill. Here is a link to explain it a bit better http://www.tdlpathology.com/services...-fragmentation but if you've been having day 2 transfers it would be too early in the game to see if your embies can go beyond day 3. I've got DH on a cocktail of anti oxidants and he's weening off his meds so hopefully it all makes a difference

wishmeluck, I am going to check out the sperm donors today not sure if we'll need one yet but I'd like to have everything lined up either way

Feather, there are a few reasons we're choosing to go back to SA, one is DH prefers to have more info on the donor where I'm not too bothered about it. The biggie for us is that because I've had a previous csection they will only transfer 1 blast which is all we had anyway however if we went back and had a better cycle they will still only transfer one. I have asked before about my scar and every doctor has said the risk of it rupturing is very very low. Its an old scar so no reason to think anything would rupture. The clinic was great and those are the only reasons we wouldn't go back

Hope everyone is doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi ladies
    just wondering if anyone else has used Synarel on their SA cycle before? I'm on it as I know it works for me and it's easier to carry around etc. My plan says 2 sniffs in the morning and 2 at night - that seems like a double dose to me, I've only ever had one sniff in the morning and one at night.

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Em

I am quite small built but was also on synarol 2 sniffs morning and evening (1 sniff during regular IVF). I think its because its a slightly different protocal as you start after your period and you will take it through your usual ovulation time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks Ej... not looking forward to double the Synarel headaches!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi AllieOpp,

Lovely to hear an update from you on your pregnancy.

Re me - I haven't lost any weight, I just haven't gained weight. Our baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead of his dates, so as long as he is thriving the way he currently is that means he is getting all the nutrients he needs. The measurement of my fundus is also 2cms ahead of where it should be right now. My OB said that even with a 10-15% variance that they allow the measurements in the ultrasound that he is still a good sized baby and he is healthy and I am not at any risk that's all that matters. I crave Milk, grapes, strawberries, blueberries and Lychees -only one prerequisite - it just has to be freezing cold. Not sure why that is.. but with my daughter I only craved packets of Tim Tams, no doubt that contributed to the 25kgs I put on when I was pregnant with her.

I've had all my bloods and Thyroid checked out and am feeling really good, except for tiredness in the afternoon which is exactly what I experience with my daughter.

My OB is taking no risk with my pregnancy, purely because of my age, the fact that this pregnancy is with a different partner/also using donor eggs, as well as the fact that I had a C-section with my 12 year old daughter (I never went into labour at all) so that's why I will definitely be having one. We are booked for May 7 now.

I guess I'll just be one of those very lucky women who get back into their size 10 jeans not long after giving birth - and i'm looking forward to that because my tummy started to pop out quite early with this pregnancy.

Sorry to hear that you have ICP. I actually don't even have a Gallbladder -but thought that the function of the gallbladder in the body was to process fats and hold them until the liver was ready to do it's thing?

RB
    x

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (01-03-2014),HopingForMore  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    wishmeluck, you mentioned there is a deposit on the canister? How much is that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Crystal, I think it was around $800 but I got it back within a fortnight :-) It depends on exchange rates at the time between the Aussie dollar and the US dollar. I think most costs are included on their website.

Wish

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Girls.

Rainbow - wow you're lucky to be craving such healthy things!
    Sorry Allie, I missed your update, but really glad to hear things are going well outside of the ICP... I've never heard of it either, but glad you were onto it quickly.

Blinky & January how are my other March partners going? Angelmama I hope everything is going well for you over there. I know you only have a short stay, but make the most of it!Not much to report from me, just waiting for AF so I can start my lovely Synarel

Myheart -
    that's really interesting what Lynn said about TWEB and also about 3 day transfers, she's never mentioned that to me... I think I'll stick with aiming for day 5's. If I were you I'd probably opt for SA over the TWEB given those percentages and if Lynn is steering you that way that says a lot to me.Hope everyone else is going well!
    Em x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (01-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emski,
    Just hanging out here counting down days til I have to take the Lucrin shot (no Synarel for me ) which will be next week.

Had a bad 'mental health day' today ... Just a culmination of numerous pregnancy announcements and reality of what we are about to do I guess. I went and swam laps this afternoon which always helps to clear my head

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angel - - hope you had a pleasant trip and all going as planned. Thinking of you.

Blinky - Sorry to read of your tough day. I remember having to attend what seemed to be an endless number of baby showers. I remember often crying on the way home wondering if I was ever going to be a mum myself. I too had days before flying out where I would go from being to super excited to super anxious. If only we all had a Crystal ball. Don't be too hard on yourself Hun.

Alli - so lovely to hear from you. Sorry to read about the itching. One of the initial symptoms of my Graves' disease was incredible itching. It drove me bonkers. So I really feel for you. Hoping everything goes well herein. As for CS IN Aust, if you have private health insurance it is easier to access a CS. Due to many reasons I had already decided on an elective CS, that said I would have had to have had one in any event due to my DS presentation he was an unstable transverse lie and my Ob was worried about cord prolapse.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (01-03-2014),Blinky76  (27-02-2014)