Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck with everything Angelmama!
    Wishing you loads of baby dust!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jodi

Great to hear from you Thx for the suggestion on the book. I've done a tonne of research over the years and he's on quite a nice large concoction of pills & potions to help improve things. We were relieved to find out that he only has .3% (There are 3 brackets of numbers for grading it, starting 1-15% is excellent, the higher you go the worse it is). I must say I was very surprised as his actual motility, morphology etc is very poor, always has been, but the good thing is the DNA Fragmentation is excellent, as that's probably not so easy to improve & extremely important. I Googled for that book, but couldn't find it, I wasn't sure which one it was - thank you anyways

Yes the endo comment really blew me away. I know a lot of girls have been having endo scratches which are popular now & apparently a lot of FS's like them (its meant to help the embryo find a place to settle & is as simple as a pap smear), but if you have NK Cells just be aware, as apparently it can flare them up even more .

I agree with changing Dr's if you're not comfortable or not happy. I was hesitant to, as I was worried on how my Dr from Nov's cycle would feel. I talked to the agency about it & they reassured me & I changed over, though I did feel really bad, it took me a long time to feel ok with it - I sent a thank you to him for all the help he had given us, his communications & response time was super.

Angel - I hope you're loving Cape Town & the weather is still good for you. Good luck this week, its very exciting, thinking of your embryos growing nice and strong for you.
    Last edited by sootymay; 24-02-2014 at 05:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wishing you safe travels and much baby dust Angel!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been thinking of you Helenmac. Hope your scan went really well last week and you got to see hour beautiful bubba. Xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty, I've remembered, it's called natural solutions for infertility by Marilyn Grenville (or it could be Glenville) blue book with a flower on it, at least I'm pretty sure this is the one with the list of supplements to take. By the sounds of it you probably already have it covered though.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (24-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies Just dropping in to say hi as some of you know I had a cycle last July in Cape Town and decided to try Czech Republic for this last cycle. I had a chemical from that cycle so I'm back to square one. We're going to go back to South Africa for this cycle.

I do have some concerns going back to CFC and mostly to do with the lab and a few small issues with the doctor. We had embryo quality issues and at the time assumed it was just bad luck and I decided to be checked for immunity issues which I did end up having. I thought maybe the cycle at CFC was more my fault then the clinics so when we went to Zlin we again had embryo issues and out of 12 we got 1 embryo to transfer. We were told it could be a sperm issue because the eggs fertilise but fizzle out on day 3 when the paternal DNA kicks in.

When we decided to go back to CFC I emailed our doctor to tell him what we were told and the doctor told me he doesn't think immunity plays a role in the uterine environment and that he felt the two cycles were embryo quality issues not sperm related issues. I'm not sure I agree with this.

I just feel like the doctors and the lab should be up to date with all the different sperm issues, I'm a little concerned that because the lab and doctor both say we are having embryo issues the actual sperm issues are being pushed aside.

Sorry I should have mentioned that my DH has morphology and motility issues and he is currently weening off of Effexor which is an SSI anti anxiety med that does cause sperm issues including DNA fragmentation in 50 percent of men. So very likely we have an issue, I've enquired about donor sperm which if getting off the meds doesn't help we could be looking at and I can't get an answer about it.

I like the fact I can choose my donor in SA just wondering if anyone else is having any concerns? Or is it all going smoothly for everyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Crystal – that is information I did not know about the spermquality affecting the development of the embryo past day 3… we have always gonewith day 2 transfers (my own eggs) as that was what the clinic recommended butthe last cycle we asked to grow the embryos to day 5 and got 2 blasts… Mydoctor has recommended that we transfer on day 3 with donor eggs…. Did yourdoctor tell you about the paternal DNA kicking in after day 3? Sorry forpressing… they have never really tested my DH and I am worried that maybe Ishould ask for tests on him… I agreethat the doctors should be able to say if it egg quality or sperm quality so wecan focus on that issue…

Jodi – it is Glenville– thank you, I will check it out…!

Sooty – my doctor believes in endo scratch and I too havehigh nk cells but she does not believe in nk cells affecting an outcome…. Youshould ask all the questions you need – you are the client and are paying them –don’t be concerned about being noted as trouble, it is the ones that speak upthat they pay attention to.

Em – I saw Lynn last week and she is pushing for me to go toSA as she said that the world egg bank trial in Victoria is not going very well…only a 30% pregnancy rate when theclinic’s website boasts a 100% pregnancy rate when transferring 2 blasts…thisdoes not seem to be the case. Now I don’t know what to do…

Angel – how is SA..? have you had time to see the sights?

Good luck to all the ladies travelling..!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, just wanted to pop in to give you another option for donor sperm. I looked at going through the sperm donors through CFC but I never really got much information. I also thought it would be good to have a sperm donor who was happy to be identifiable once a child turns 18, particularly as the egg donor is anonymous. I imported sperm from xytex in the USA. Lots of great info and profiles with pictures. Cost for two vials was approx $1,000 which included transit costs. You pay an additional fee for the canister which they reimburse once they get it back. CFC arrange the import permit for you. Just another option to consider if you need :-). I'm single so needed to have both donor egg and donor sperm. I'm convinced that as both were young donors it helped with the good results for my cycle.

Wishing everyone much baby dust. I hope your baby dreams come true.

Wish
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's busy, busy, busy here. Lots of great information - I love it. Thanks team!

Sooty - really interested to read your thoughts about how an endo scratch can worsen NK Cells. Arggghh! I thought I was doing the right thing when I had one done last month ahead of our late March trip. Can you please elaborate as to why it might not be ideal? Also I was really interested in your link about fragmentation. Our local FS carried out a Tunel Assay test - I'm wondering if it's as effective test as the one your US consultant used for you.

Crystal - We're considering Czech if our trip to SA in March is not second time lucky. Was the inability not to be able to chose your donor the sole reason for not going back to Ziln or are there other factors? I'd love to hear more if you want to discuss.

Regarding everyone else's comments about lab issues - is there actually anything we can do about to reassure ourselves? Questions we can ask?

On a happy note - I take heart from the Mary Coustas interview......never give up on your dreams.

Keep dreaming ladies....it will happen for us all

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sorry ladies - it's a long one!!

Hi Everyone,

It was so nice to see the updates from everyone – thank you for that! Of course, then I didn’t reply right away so sorry for that. D’oh. Things got busy.

Rainbow - that’s strange about the weight loss. Did you have bad m/s? SO GLAD all seems to be right in your world – your nursery sounds adorable. Mine is still a total mess.

Wishmeluck – April 15 sounds like a good day!! I noticed both you and Rainbow have c-sections scheduled – is this a common option in Australia? Where I am in Canada they don’t do elective caesars, but where I am in Toronto about 1/3 of all deliveries end up that way, anyway. It would be a lot easier to not go through 15 hours of labour first, as a friend of mine just did before she got her c-section!

Abundance – it sounds like you’re being closely monitored, which is great news. It’s such a terrifying ride, isn’t it? Maybe it’s just to make us practice worrying for the next 16-30 years

Helen – I’m glad you’re doing much better. Sorry I didn’t reply earlier. I had no bleeding or cramping whatsoever when I lost the twin. For the next scans, right up until 20 weeks, though, the sac was visible. Funny enough, I really didn’t cry until then, when we found out we were having a little girl. I lost it, though, wondering if her twin would have been a boy or a girl. How did your 12 week scan go?

January, were you able to get your biopsy done yet? Good luck!

Thembs a huge hug to you. I’m so very sorry that it didn’t work… THIS TIME. Are you doing ok?

Angelmama – how are you getting on? If you like sushi, hit Witherspoons in the V&A – delish!

Sooty – what a total ****er, your experience. It’s hard enough getting a negative, but if you add on all those things, it must plague you. The endo thing is weird to me. When I first went to my RE here, with my OE, I told him about my symptoms and he wouldn’t even consider working on me until I had my endo removed, which I did. Mind you, maybe he would have said differently if I wasn’t using my OE, I don’t know… Anyway, sounds like CFC might be overextending itself. What a shame but I suppose with the increasing popularity of ED in SA, it was inevitable.

Everyone else, new and old, thinking of you all. So much is going on, it’s great to see!

AFM, I wanted to give you a quick update. We’re going to get induced 2 weeks early, at 38 weeks on March 9. I started to get crazy itching at night on the soles of my feet and my palms, and from there it went like wildfire across my body. Turns out that’s a major symptom for an uncommon condition called ICP - Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy. Let me tell you, this sucks. Not only can’t you sleep and you’re tortured by itching, if it’s not monitored and you’re not put on pills and your due date isn’t pushed forward, you’re at risk for haemorrhaging and still birth. I’m trying to keep it together but it’s hard not to freak out a little when the baby’s quiet. And the exhaustion makes it harder, still. I just wanted to bring this to all of your attention because I certainly hadn’t heard a thing about it and if I hadn’t Dr Googled myself, I’m not sure if I would have thought to mention it to my OB. It’s because the bile salts we produce in our liver are being released into the blood****** rather than through the gallbladder (I think) – potentially deadly if they hit the baby’s blood******. This doesn’t mean all itching is dangerous – some itching’s going to happen, especially as our bellies stretch. Just watch out for the soles/palm thing! Anyway, I’ll keep you updated.

Good luck, everyone!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AllieOop For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (25-02-2014)