Closed Thread
Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I need to vent!! I am so fed up with my questions not being answered and information not being forth coming. Really poor communictions. Our FET was on the 11th, it is now the 29th, I have asked at least 3 times for information on our remaining embryo and 2 1/2 weeks later we still haven't been told anything. Advised them of our 1st hcg result on monday and today friday have finally received from the nurse the pregnancy letter and med schedule and a request to have another hcg done (the one that is meant to be done 2 days after the first I think). We have already emailed the 2nd and 3rd hcg results to the Dr 2 days ago asking if we need to do it again and have had no answer. We were also told we could have a copy of the photo of the embryoes before they were transferred and haven't received it. I am just so mad and frustrated. It wasn't good last time, but I thought this time would be better. Don't want to name names in case we need to go back but I definately think we will consider switching to one of the other Drs that have better communications.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BB - yes, that letter you received saying CONGRATULATIONS on your positive pregnancy test. Has all the dates you need on it. You have your second HCG 48 hours after the first and then third test one week after your first HCG. Mind you, my clinic here in Australia said that the test 48 hours later was unnecessary and only likely to cause me additional stress. They did it anyway - as they did everything the CFC requested.

I had my photo of my embryos emailed to my iPAD before I had even walked out the doors of the CFC the day of my embryo transfer. But that's just Dr L R - he's extremely efficient and caring.

Try not to stress, you are pregnant now and you really don't need the added stress. You are correct that they should have done this all before now - but the result you currently have is the main thing. Take care of yourself and follow them up when you are not so stressed. If there are embryos for freezing they will be safely stored for future use IF you need them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I've been reading quietly for a while. I'm very sorry for all who got BFN, big hugs.
    Congratulations to all the BFP!!!

AFM-Only now it feels more real for me after getting the treatment plan yesterday. We've had a few ups and downs in the past few weeks, but thankfully all looks clear now. We have two weeks left before we travel to South Africa, but our cycle is actually scheduled for 29/01/14 (first appointment), so we decided to combine this with family time. We'll spend most of the time with family in Durban then travel to Cape Town day before the appt. ETF hopefully by 05/02/14 then back to Durban to say our good byes to family before we head back to Oz 17/02/14. It will be a nice break from work and hopefully a holiday to remember.

Me 44, DH43
    9years TTC,
    IVF #1: 5 eggs, none fertilised
    IVF/ICSI #2: cycle cancelled - poor resonse
    IVF/ICSI #3: cycle cancelled- poor response

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Rainbow. I do keep telling myself that the main thing is I am now pregnant. It's a bit late now to do a hcg test 7 days after as it's past that. The CONGRATULATIONS letter I have only says to do one 48hrs after. I did ask if I needed to do another and as I said I never got a reply. Planning on doing some relaxing this weekend. Have my first scan booked with the obstetrician for the 11th so will look forward to that.

Thembs - you must be having a really long holiday over there, enjoy yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default update from barbados

Hi everyone
    Well Barbados is as hot and humid as anyone could hope for. I feel permanently sweaty a lot of the time. I ventured out in a private hire car yesterday and discovered the chaos and vinfusion of the roads here. The highways here are the equivalent of little suburban streets at home, there are few signs and what signs there are dont match what is on the map. Astonishingly there is no such thing as a street directory just yhese tourist maps. There are also no street addresses so if you are looking for somewhere there is just a road and suburb name. I had to get assertive with the guest house owner over my accommodation. She had decided it was more convenient to put me in a room at her house rather than the room where i booked. I left it the first night but asked the next day to go where i had booked which she was put out about. Then she said it was the room only so ciuld i please not use the house too much! She also said the last night i would have to move back as she had more people coming that were renting the whole hhouse. To that i offered to cut my stay short by a day but she doesnt want to lose the money of course. I wont be moving unless she does that though. I had a confirmed booking with deposit paid, she can honour it. I tried to get out of the car booking as it is her private car and she has no gps. The thought of her attitude if there was any damage really put me off. I am also really broke now. I had to catch taxis for my counselling and first clinic appt and they are incredubly expensive as was new york. I ended up telling her i only had 100 left and asking how long that wld get me so i have today and sat am. she was astonished to find out about the clinic here and then wanted to keep discussing it and i really wanted some space so was very glad to move. This house really is lovely and i luckily have it to myself just now. There was a lovely trinidad couple here for a couple of nights who i barely saw.

Yesterday i saw a lighthouse, an old "cot" though it had no sign so im not sure which derelict building i should have been looking at! Also lots of the countryside and the beautifully colourful houses. In spite of the heat it really is a colourful country. I have tried souvenir shopping but there is so much you cant take home it is hard. I have two gifts left to get and hope i will find them soon!
    Cyclewise all is well, my lining was at 8.5 on monday and my last scan before transferbis today. I have transfer on the 6th. Today is all the final paperwork too. I am scared to ask but wld like to know the quality of the embryos i have of this batch. I am the last one using them and am worried i have the dregs so to speak.

Well wish me luck on the roads today, it is independance day tomorrow (sat) so it will prob be manic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you Net. You've had a really bumpy road, but the light is at the end of the tunnel now.

I praying that there are some stellar embryos there for you, because you truly deserve it after all you have been through. Just one good one will do the trick!

Lots and lots of love to you and good luck for Friday. I'll be thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Abundance - last sleep for you tonight, before you fly out tomorrow!! Good luck, everything is crossed for you. I hope you're feeling better and not so sick now.

Hi Net - oh gosh... how awful with that lady.... teeth grinding stuff. I so hope your embryos are the ones... hang in there... I know the feeling, almost not wanting to know too much... sometimes knowing nothing is bliss.... trust me, having just been there! It sounds like an amazing place, you are so brave going there on your own.

BB4 - I can well imagine how you are feeling, I would feel the same too. Lack of communication with the lab and some of the Doctors seems to be more common than we realised as well. Hang in there.

Theembs - oooooh lucky you with such a long wonderful holiday as well.. that will make it really special - good luck!

Donor Choosing (sorry cant see who it was right now). My DH was the same... left it up to me, as he felt it was more my choice since I guess I was the one finding replacement eggs so to speak... if you know what I mean... and he was exactly the same... "why are we going there... to have a healthy baby with 2 arms and 2 legs" so he wasn't so concerned about all the things I found to be concerned about!!

And someone else said about choosing / looking at the same donors. Gosh there are sooooooo many, that thought never crossed my mind. My criteria changed as I struggled to find the "right one". And I ended up with someone that looked nothing like me, but I felt such a connection and to be honest am finding that hard to let go. Everyone is different. Do some Googling... I did at the time and everyone chooses for different reasons.. body shape, eye colour, education, personality, children or no children, proven or not proven, something they may say in their profile, looks, family history etc... it's such a personal choice.
    Last edited by sootymay; 30-11-2013 at 21:12.

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Net - Wishing you the very best for your transfer! Come back with an extra load on board. Best of luck

Tembs - How exciting you are off in two weeks!! Hope you a lovely holiday and the result coming home is successful outcome!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

thembs  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sooty- thanks for the advice
    DH and I have got it down to two choices and that's where it gets tricky, neither fulfil all our criteria.
    Our criteria was pretty simple:
    Under 30
    Non smoker
    Dutch heritage (the big draw card for going to SA as it matches my heritage)
    A blood type
    Unfortunately our two choice don't match those...
    My choice matches those except she is 32 (very healthy lifestyle- that's my argument )
    DH choice is a smoker

.... I then found an alternate who matched the criteria but wasn't a proven donor...(that worries us a bit..?)
    Maybe we aren't as close as we thought...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky - just one very important bit of advice when talking about "proven" donors. In SA, the clinics definition of "proven donor" is somebody who has gone through the egg donation process (turned up for all appointments, taken all her medication to the best of their knowledge and turned up for egg collection), but it does not mean she has necessarily created a pregnancy. That was my assumption of what a "proven donor" was. Just be sure to check with the clinic prior to signing the donor contract that she has indeed done what the agency says she has. I got stung on my first donor and it caused me a massive headache.

Within regards to picking the right one… unfortunately nobody knows what will happen in any cycle, so picking the youngest donor doesn't necessarily guarantee success either. The first donor we had chosen was 23 and we found out that her previous 2 donations had produced average quality eggs and no pregnancies - this was the agencies "proven donor".

The smoking bit was something which put me off about certain donors too, as so many of these young girls smoke and smoke quite heavily.

Good luck with your search, I hope your ideal donor finds you in the not too distant future.