Closed Thread
Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi all,

STILL waiting for my treatment plan... please ladies who have been before, tell me this is normal? The nurse said it would be sent through on Monday. I've sent her two polite emails querying where it is and haven't received a response at all, in fact this morning I woke up to a bounce-back to the second one that I sent two days ago. So I ended up emailing my Dr and cc'ing her in. Normally she responds on the same day... so I'm annoyed and concerned.

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Welcome Sunflower - don't mind my rants... I'm just in a stressy stage of this process I think!? Mardi bloody hell 17 IVF's? There should be a medal for that - seriously!
    Thembs how did you get on love?

Em x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (20-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski yes sometimes they take quite a while to come through but if you have emailed the doc and cc'd her you might get it by the end of the week, she may have been sick or had a sick child, I doubt she would be ignoring you for the sake of it. Hang in there it will be with you soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks Jodi - that's what I thought too (re sick kid or unwell) and mentioned that might be the case to Dr Le Roux too in my email - it sounds like her mailbox is full if I'm getting email bounce backs. I'm trying not to be all 'me, me, me' but finding it hard. I'm normally a very practical and non-hysterical person.
    Last edited by emski72; 20-02-2014 at 07:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Abundance, the egg and avocado trick didn't worked for me, any other suggestions? It looks like I will be taking more drugs this time.

i had lupus tested 15 years ago and there were no issues then, it could have been part of the tests Dr M ran though.

I'm kicking myself, normally I have copies of tests sent to myself and I didn't this time, here I am still hanging on and waiting to find out the results, never again.

I am starting to get really stressed about the whole thing, AGAIN. I wouldn't wish this infertility business on anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski, I went through the same thing and It turned out Karin's child was sick. Dr LR has another nurse helping out now so I suspect he will ask Elaine to do the plan for you. You will be jabbing before you know it LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks Jodi, AF is looking like she'll be here next week which is also adding to my anxiety as its earlier than anticipated (for the first time in 12 months of course!).
    PS Elaine is my nurse.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by emski72; 20-02-2014 at 11:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone!

I’ve been sneakily reading the South African donor egg threads over the last few months for inspiration and insight in the lead up to my husband I going to Cape Town for treatment in January. There were lots of amazing successes which really helped to add to my positivity about our adventure ahead!! It was also very emotional to read the stories where things didn’t work out and my heart was with every one of those ladies.

I’m a 36 year old NZ woman with premature ovarian failure (AMH of .002 and FSH of 17) and moderate endometriosis, my DH is normal. We had tried naturally for 8 months before my impatient self (plus a bad gut feeling something wasn’t right) went to a fertility clinic and subsequent tests showed things weren’t looking good for us. Our doctor was lovely but straight up and said trying a round of IVF with my own eggs at those levels wasn’t viable and an extreme long shot so we decided to go immediately to donor egg to increase our chances.

We were with the very lovely Dr Le Roux at CFC and had selected our donor through Nurture. Thembs, I’ve been keeping an eye on your progress as we were in Cape Town at the exact same time for treatment. I’m really sorry to hear your first blood test result was not good. I had read your concerns that only 2 of yours eggs had fertilised while we were in Cape Town and my heart went out to you. I really was and continue now to wish you all the very best. Some baby dreams sadly take a little longer but I have faith you will get there

This email is for those ladies still to go to Cape Town. I know that reading about other’s successes in this forum bought me great delight and so after months of “stalking”, I wanted to post and say magic still does happen with donor egg and dreams come true in South Africa!!

Our first blood test 10 days past a 5 day transfer came in at 268 HCG, our second one today at 12 days past transfer came in at 608 HCG. Early days but we are very happy and our NZ doctors are equally as as happy with our numbers. Like a few of you previous posters have said, it’s pretty hard to get information out of CFC at the moment! Dr Le Roux came immediately back with congratulations after the first test, but I arranged for the second test myself, as am still yet to receive instructions or a reply from his IVF co-ordinator! We will have our third and final test on Monday.

Just some facts for those of you who like facts (I always liked reading these things!)

Our donor was originally scheduled for 31 January retrieval but was delayed until the 3rd of February to give egg cells more time to grow. We got 12 egg cells of which 9 fertilised. We ended up transferring 2 x 4AA blastocysts on Day 5 and freezing 1 x 3AA and 1 x pre-blastocyst. Our donor was 22 and was a first time donor (I picked her on gut feel). My husband and I are both thinking a single baby this time around but I will update you again once we know for sure. In the lead up to Cape Town, I did 3 months of acupuncture, avoided all alcohol a month and a half out and power-walked at least 3 times a week to get the blood flow going around the uterus! I wasn't taking any additional meds and supplements. My lining was in the 10-12mm bracket in our first appointment in Cape Town.

It’s still early days of course but we are feeling quietly positive everything will work out

I wish all of those still to cycle the very, very best of luck and good thoughts.

xxxxx

p.s I've done a lot of travelling but Cape Town and it's surrounding areas are some of the most beautiful places I have ever been!! We had a rental car for the whole 12 days and did a lot of road tripping. Absolutely loved it!!
    Last edited by twirlywhirl; 20-02-2014 at 12:25.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twirlywhirl For This Useful Post:

emski72  (20-02-2014),mardicharli  (20-02-2014),Sunflower11  (20-02-2014),thembs  (20-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello to everyone. I thought I would drop in and give a little run down of our recent trip to Cape Town in the quest to finish off our family J. We had several years of many IVF/ICSI cycles at home in Perth, WA. We were lucky enough to fall pregnant and our most beautiful boy was born in Feb 2009. We continued our journey and unfortunately our little boy was delivered stillborn in Sept 2010. We tried 4 more cycles afterwards and then gave up. In Sept 2013, we read an article in our Sunday paper about egg donors from SA and in my research came across these threads on BubHub. After much consideration and reading through the threads which were an absolute wealth of knowledge and information, we decided we would give it one more crack! We were under Dr W and Cyndi at CFC. The lead up went fairly well, having been through the wringer like most people who end up at the point, we pretty much knew what to expect and I am super organised. We were advised that Dr W would be away and that Dr M would cover. I hadn’t heard too many people mention her but felt it would be fine. Needless to say, in the end our trip was a bit of a disaster. As we know, the whole process is a bit of a lotto and you either win or you don’t. I felt everything went well until egg collection, then things went downhill quite quickly. We had issues with DH’s sperm which we knew about and when I went for my lining check 2 days prior to egg collection, DH gave a sample for testing and freezing as backup for collection day. If the sample was not good, we would go the sperm donor route as discussed via email earlier. Unfortunately the sample wasn’t checked and the sample given on collection day was also not a good quality hence we ended up with 11 eggs collected, 5 fertilised and by day 3, 4 very fragmented embryos of which 2 were transferred. By this time DH had returned to Perth as planned and I had an extra week to finish things off. I knew right then that it was a waste of time and everything I questioned DR M and Cyndi about was pretty much brushed aside. I guess the final straw for me was being left in the procedure room afterwards to rest for 5 minutes and then let myself out. I was really upset at this point as I felt like they had really let us down. When I went back out into the main reception area, I had to finalise my account. From the counter you can see straight into Dr M’s office and she saw me and got up to close her door. I did not hear from either her or Cyndi again, nothing, even though they knew I was upset and in SA alone. I also did not see anything of the embryologist from the Egg Donation group who works in the very same building at any time I was there. I made arrangements to bring my flight forward and left as soon as I could. I contacted them all by email once my negative blood test results were confirmed (after still not hearing a word from anyone) and I received an email response from Cyndi basically saying too bad, luck of the draw. I again questioned why the sperm samples were not tested and donor sperm used which she promptly ignored and did not answer, as did neither Dr M, Dr W or Egg Donation agency. And what can you do from over here, nothing much right. I could have accepted the negative response a lot easier had we had 2 good day 5 blasts returned, but when we have done absolutely everything to try and improve our chances, to have professionals let us down in the end, leaves me feeling a little bit used up. I certainly know that no procedure has guarantees, I really do get that, it is just the luck of the draw but certainly not helped by what I felt was just plain incompetence. Anyway, the moral to our story is…..if you are unsure of anything at all, ask the questions! Keep a pad handy and write things down when you think of them and demand answers. I am not a big conflict fan so felt I was walked over a bit which I am kicking myself now. Even if the question seems a bit silly, ask and make sure you get an answer. I felt both people I dealt with were very nice, they fluffed about and were very chatty however in hindsight when I thought about it, they really didn’t cover very much at all on the medical side which I should have picked up earlier.
    The process obviously works as there are enough lucky people on the threads to show it does, again it just comes down to luck. We go down this route as we have no other choice. We are giving it one last try, this time in Johannesburg as I just cant bring myself to head back to CFC. We will use donor egg and sperm and I will go on my own this time. If it is unsuccessful again, then I will accept that that’s the end, knowing I have tried everything. Its time to stop playing the waiting game and to start living again. I am incredibly blessed to have a wonderful husband and a most precious little boy so I am lucky already. And to everyone who has struggled down this crappy road of infertility, hats off to you. Whether your journey is successful or not, you are incredibly strong women and don’t ever forget that. Every best wishes to those on the journey xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, just got the results and the hcg is only 8, so not much going on there. I'm going to see the GP tomorrow since my FS is fully booked until the 7th of March. I don't know if there's any point in doing another test.

Thanks again for everyone's encouraging words. It always makes me feel better to know there's so much support from all of you lovely ladies" I feel very weak right now, I just want to go back to work and get busy. Being at home all day doesn't help. I know I'll be fine, just a matter of time and then think about what to do next.

Good luck to all still to embark on this journey.

Me 45,DH44
    10yrs TTC,
    IVF #1: 5 eggs, none fertilised (2008)
    IVF/ICSI #2: cycle cancelled - poor resonse(2010)
    IVF/ICSI #3: cycle cancelled- poor response(2012)
    IVF/ICSI: ED cycle in Cape Town,SA -February 2014