Closed Thread
Page 57 of 92 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi jodiieW, have you been checked for lupus/SLE as rash and mouth ulcers are both symptoms of active SLE.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tips on natural lining improvement Abundance. I already eat a lot of eggs so yay. I'm actually really nervous about the lining so I'm going to get a scan done here with my RE before I go over just to get an idea if I'm responding or not. I'm so lucky my RE is willing to help in any way he can.

Emski, I'm totally with you on the frustration roller coaster. Have they given you provisional dates at least? I haven't even been notified if payments have gone through yet and it's been over a week. Until that happens, my donor can't even get her tests done. Arghh so frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, thanks to everyone who's been thinking about me these past few days, it has been the longest two weeks for me and I'm still not too sure what to think. I went for the blood test yesterday and just got the results today and apparently it's weak positive. Hcg of 5 and will have a repeat test tomorrow. The doctor said this is very borderline. Has anyone had such result after two weeks? I'm even more anxious now, but I'm aware that it could still go either way. This waiting is really eating me up now. So, for now I have to wait another day. Will update tomorrow.

Me 45,DH44
    10yrs TTC,
    IVF #1: 5 eggs, none fertilised (2008)
    IVF/ICSI #2: cycle cancelled - poor resonse(2010)
    IVF/ICSI #3: cycle cancelled- poor response(2012)
    IVF/ICSI: ED cycle in Cape Town,SA -February 2014
    Last edited by thembs; 18-02-2014 at 13:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!
    I'm a long time reader (stalker) and after nearly one and a half years of laughing, crying, stressing and finger crossing along with you all, it's finally time to introduce myself.
    I'm 43, 44 next month , my hubby is 31 and we have one beautiful 3 year old boy conceived after 3 rounds of IVF when I was 39. We have been desperately trying for a brother or sister for Logan since he was just 5 months old. Unfortunately after 17 rounds of IVF , yup 17! in 3 years, we haven't had any success and are now considering Egg Donation in SA to finally complete our family. I have a friend who conceived using ED in Ziln, one in US, but through following this forum for years, I must say SA looks like the right choice for us.
    Thank you all for contributing over the years with all your stories and information, it has made me feel very comfortable going to a country which scare the begeebers out of me when my GP first suggested it!
    Here's to many more success stories to come!
    Jodie xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (21-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS Huge Congratulations Thembs! Everything crossed for those numbers increase beautifully tomorrow! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck Thembs for todays beta.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Em, I'm at the Drs now and hopefully I'll get the results later today. I've been doing a lot of reading and I'm not very hopeful. Anyway, let's wait and see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi again Thembs, I'll keep checking in on you - I know it's pretty negative online with numbers that are quite low (I was in a similar situation when I got my BFP) and it's very stressful so take good care of yourself.

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone and BIG BIG thanks to you all for sharing your journeys, experiences highs and lows.

You have given hubby and I strength and courage to continue our dreams for a family through egg donation in CT. Through tears of joy and frustration with you all, wow what a read, you are all amazing women! I have just gotten up to date with this thread. Massive congrats to all of you that are pregnant and have your bundle of joys and hugs and tonnes of support to those of you (like us, are just starting out) or underway with your cycles. Everything is crossed for you.

Sadly, last Friday we got a negative result on our 7th IVF cycle (has included 1 miscarriage), i was devastated as the day before the BT i had gotten a faint positive so had let hope in, only to be completely crushed. Due to age, I'm 43 (birthday last week too, no other fertility issues with me) and because hubby is azoospermia (carries a CF gene that results in a missing vas deferen, thankfully no other CF issues) IVF no matter of age is our only way to conceive but sadly meeting later in life has made things tough and after this last cycle believe now, donor eggs is our best option.
    We also were considering US and Prague, but having started our first 3 cycles (including one where i miscarried) in Moscow I decided i'd prefer a fully english speaking culture, language barriers did add stress to the whole process for me and looking into US it is so much more expensive.
    After reading all your experiences I have already emailed CFC and heard back from Dr Le Roux and Dr Heylen and have contacted a couple of the donor agencies too and have had immediate responses from them, which has given me great piece of mind we are making the right decisions. Though now need to find the 'right' donor which feels quite surreal to do... but bless their hearts for doing what they are for us, i'll be eternally grateful thats for sure.

We did holiday in SA when the world cup (following kiwi soccer team for hubby), and included a few days in Cape Town which we really enjoyed. We taxi'd, walked around and hired a car to drive down the coast and it was easy and safe as many have already shared. We spent a couple of days in J'burg but did not feel safe there at all, there is only 1 street that has security guards on it so you can walk from restaurant to restaurant, pub etc... saying that we did have a friend of a friend that was living there and really enjoyed it and had just had to adapt her behaviour, but following clinic results we are happy to go with CFC at CT.

I'm australian but hubby and i have recently moved to Singapore for a couple of years for hubbys work. I had a great FS in Sydney who worked with a colleague here is singapore on my last cycle and both are supportive with our move to donor eggs. It was a tough decision as i responded well to drugs always getting 9+ eggs but sadly only ever just 2 to transfer and no frosties and like many of you i'm now getting impatient and what to make our family dreams real. Thankfully via TESE we can use hubbys sperm so we are extremely grateful for that but infertility is tough and hate what we all have to go through but i have good feelings for this year and look forward to sharing journeys with you all.
    We are aiming to cycle in early May.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome to all the new ladies

Thembs just popping in to see how your BT went.. Fx are firmly crossed for you x

Emski hoping like crazy you get your treatment plan tonight . I found the wait from testing to plan the hardest too!

Mardi: wow , hats off too you, 17 rounds ! ... Don't know that I could have had the tenacity to last that long (just 6 for us and they were bad enough)

Esperanza: which nurse are you working with ? I got notified straight away about payment being received.

Abundance: thanks for the lining tip... It explains why we have never had lining issues ..... I eat avocado a lot !

Helen: hope your scan was great!

Angel: you must be on serious countdown by now! Will be keenly watching your journey.

As for us: we are just biding our time, enjoying planning extra curricular activities for our trip (winery, safari, etc). Just a little over two weeks until I take the Lucrin injection an then it might all sink in . In the meantime just busy with work.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (19-02-2014)