Closed Thread
Page 56 of 92 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think we have our donor and have just emailed to see if she will accept. I'm hopeful. Can't say she looks like me, maybe a little but she looks quit a bit like my Grandmother so I thought that was a bit special. Main things she is healthy and young . Thanks for the support ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Great news Lily, I hope things get moving quickly for you
    Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lily my first choice didn't work out so my hubby chose the one we used, she didn't look anything like me but had dimples and cheekbones which I too have. Whilst some say they can see Matty in me, purely the cheekbones and dimples I think, he is actually a mini version of my hubby and he and his younger cousin are often confused with one another, whilst I realise some children look like their mother, most don't they either take after their dad or a complete mix of the two, you just never know what you will end up with.

Hi Helen, I agree with you wholeheartedly, I should wait, but I have to go back to work and I wanted to have my attempt before going back as it will be some time before I'm able to have leave again and I'm getting too old. When I get my blood results and it seems likely there are further issues then I won't cycle and may not cycle again. However I am suspecting it could be to do with my history of endo and I know alls well in that respect. The ob had a look around when he delivered Matty, my hormones are on decline due to age so I don't believe it will be an issue.

i didn't know that regarding boys, Dr M thinks its immune issues because I've suffered from endo for years, pre eclampsia is according to him partly an immune issue and because Ive had three more attempts after Matty.

My immune system is quite low at the moment so I'm starting up acupuncture which will help with that too. My last two CFC cycles I had a great deal of trouble with my immune system, first time breaking out in a huge rash, second time mouth covered with ulcers, not good.

Anyhoo, i will know more shortly. I hope your cruising along and taking it a bit easy xxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow so much has been happening since I last came on.

Helenmac - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm hoping that everything is going well for you, and your 12 week scan is perfect.

Emski - Have you heard back about your donor tests yet? I can't remember sorry.

Angelmama - Good luck

JodiW - I also said the same thing to my husband. I'll be doing acupuncture, yoga etc to help the whole process. Body and mind right?

Lily72 - I was sorry to hear your donor pulled out at the last minute, but so happy you have chosen another. Fingers crossed she's the one

Thembs - Excitedly waiting to hear of your results.

Anyone I have missed, hope all is going well for you.

AFM - All deposits have been made to CFC, they have given us our provisional dates for an April 14th transfer. I'm still waiting on the clinic to get back to me as to when my donor will be going for her tests. So much waiting, I'm so impatient.

I'm kinda stoked though that my meds are relatively simple. Since I've gone through menopause, the only medication I need to take is my HRT pill and the Progynova pills until I get to CT. I was soooo nervous about having to use needles so I guess I have a little more time to prepare for when I do have to use them. My only worry at this point is getting my lining thick enough for transfer. Anyone got any tips to help thicken the lining naturally as well as medication?

Also I have A- blood type, my husband and the donor are + blood type, just to add another worry to the list I'll have to be closely monitored for any bleeding I have if and when I get pregnant. But anyway, enough rambling from me. So excited for everyone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Esperanza For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Mrs Leo - I think around 15 eggs is great but I think the world egg bank try to stim high to cllect more eggs so they make more money... They more I read about SA - the more this option sounds good...

Lily - good to hear about ypur donor - hope it all goes well

Em - any news about yur blood tests? Does it matter if the bloods don't match? or is teh test to make sure the donor is good to go? Thhe word egg bank, do a series of bts prior to the donor starting a cycle, some donors are disqualified at this stage...

AFM - seeing my FS on Friday to discuss options....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Lily, Esperanza and Myheart - thanks for asking after me - test results will be back today (so tonight our time). Myheart the blood tests are HIV etc. along with resting follicle counts, LH, FSH and all that sort of stuff.
    Hopefully I can get booking tonight which would be good!

Myheart are you not 100% sure on TWEB?

Em x
    Last edited by emski72; 17-02-2014 at 16:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Emski - good luck with the donor screening and BTs - I hope all of us late March Cape Town visitors can catch up some time ( we might be tripping over each other in the waiting room on Mon 24th!) Blinky also.

my heart - We looked at TWEB. My DH was really keen, I think he was a little unsure of the standard of care in Sth Africa. I , on the other hand, had been stalking this thread for months and felt really keen to go to Sth Africa. The way I looked at it, the cost of one round of TWEB was potentially two trips to CT, and I was realistic enough to realise we may not have first time success ( and we did not). But DH was insistent, so that was the path we started on, undergoing the preliminary counselling session. In the meantime we had an appt with our FS in preparation for our fifth and final OE cycle. Despite our clinic being associated with Monash, our FS was surprised when we told him we were planning to use the egg bank. He said he had sent several other patients to CT with great success, he highly rated CFC's professionalism and advised us he thought we would have better success doing a fresh embryo transfer than using frozen eggs. After hearing his advice DH agreed to come to CT. And there's a wonderful trip to a wonderful city to boot. Everyone's situation is different, but in our case our FS advised CT over TWEB. It's not an easy decision - so good luck.

Esperanza and Angel Mama - best wishes for the next few days.

Here's a question for Dr M patients. We need to travel to Sydney for intrallipid from my home state. But in the weeks preceding our departure I have work commitments which make it impossible to get there for a weekend transfusion, other than a month out. Alternatively, I have asked to have I upon arrival in CT, which would essentially be 7 days before transfer. Will this be enough in advance? Thoughts/ advice much appreciated please

I started my lucrin tonight for a long down reg to help my endo issues - that means it's just six weeks to go.

Wow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twowhites - we had success using the frozen egg bank at the CFC as we had to (because we only got one average quality egg from our donor). I'm 28 weeks pregnant now and owe it to all to the freezer!!!!

From my research, I believe it's easier for them to freeze embryos as opposed to eggs.

RB x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Twowhites  (18-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default impending rant of an annoyed, impatient, sleep deprived woman

*start rant*

Gah still no treatment plan! I'm annoyed now as I was told I'd receive it Monday. I emailed at about 11pm to ask if my donors results were in but got no response and in the process of waiting for a response stayed up until 2am and then couldn't sleep when I did go to bed because I was so annoyed they didn't even respond.

I've been patient God knows, waiting since late November for this, then the delay when my donor was ill, so add on another week to my waitng... so I won't wear the impatient tag at all. I didn't bat an eyelid on Friday when they said it would be Monday for everything to come through. But last night was the last straw on my patience.

If there's something wrong with her results tell me. If they haven't got the results, just tell me... If you say you're going to do something by a certain date, do it!

*end rant*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Natural remedies to improve lining include half an avocado and an egg a day until transfer. I didn't respond well for the first time ever on my second cycle.i was given estrogen patches every 3 days and my naturopath suggested the avocado and egg and within a week my doctor could not believe the change in the lining. He was preparing to tell me we would be cancelling the cycle then when he scanned he was shocked.

Regarding frozen eggs. I didn't get pregnant in our fresh cycle but for pregnant on the next two cycles with frozens. The firs was a biochemical and the second my my current twin pregnancy. I'm now 14 weeks.

intralipids are effective 7-10 days pre transfer so having it in SA will be fine and it's much cheaper and more comfortable in SA than going with dr Mathias. I did intralipids my first two cycles but on the cycle where I finally got an ongoing pregnancy I didn't use intralipids or steroids. So I can see why its use is controversial. It's such a big decision. Good luck