Closed Thread
Page 53 of 92 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    For those of you who have hired a car is it easy to navigate around ct and is the traffic ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Angel, from eveything I have read on here it is fine. I recall someone saying due to the world cup in 2010 the signage is great as thry set it up well for tourists then.But someone who has actually been there will likely respond too lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbowchaser - thanks for you post. I had a cerclage put in at 14 weeks last time and this time they put a high cervical cerclage in pre pregnancy. There is always the risk it doesn't hold due to the weight of the babies or you start to labour and it has to be removed. But hopefully like your friend I'll get there this time.

Sooty I have emailed you

Helenmac enjoy next weeks scan. It will be emotional but reassuring. Big hugs

Regarding car hire, I hired a car each time. Its so easy as you walk across the road from the airport to collect car and drop back right at airport. The only thing is you arrive at about 4am our time so you're really tired. My hubby was with me the first time so he drove and the other two times I knew were I was going so felt comfortable doing it myself. But you can also get the hotel to arrange to pick you up from the airport then arrange to collect car the next day from the city office. Unlike here there were no hefty charges for picking up and dropping off at different locations. Also they do charge hefty deposits on your credit card but it's refunded within 5 days of returning the vehicle.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Abundance1 For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (16-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,

I am new to this site, but find myself here after only two failed IVF attempts (Me 43, my partner 36 (immobile sperm). Achieved a clinical pregnancy but forced to terminate at 13 weeks with trisomy 13). Rather than continue down the long road of further IVF We are now looking into travelling to South Africa to use donor eggs.

Can anyone suggest an IVF clinic either in Cape Town or Johannesburg. How long do you need to spend in the country, 2 weeks? and if it returns a negative test does that mean you have to stay in the country or do you make multiple trips.

Feeling very excited about the possibilities and nervous at the same time.

wishing everyone well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our donor has pulled out . So back to the drawing board. What a roller coaster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Oh Lily what a *hit! Did you already have your treatment plan etc? I can't remember sorry. that is a real blow... and one of my worst fears too.
    I have a back up donor in my head if worst comes to worse - I like to always have a plan b, c & even d sometimes. I hope you can find someone suitable with out too much effort. Which agency were you with?

Welcome Rachel - I think most ladies here are using Cape Fertility Clinic in Cape Town - one or two have gone through Joburg and Vitalab, but I'd say 99% of us have gone with CFC (they have a great reputation) - the suggested stay time is 11 days and then you go home... if you have frozen embryos left you can go back by yourself and do that treatment (I don't think you need to be there as long) but if there are no embryos you have to do the whole cycle again - you can also opt to have your partner leave sperm on your first visit so any subsequent visits can be done with just you so less cost for airfares / spending etc.

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Lily – I have been on prednisolne and clexane. I was told that aspirin and clexane do the same thing – one doctor actually told me that he had a patient on both and during the egg collections she bleed so heavily that she was not able to transfer for a few months....

Sooty - What is humira...? I also have high NK cells but I don’t know how high...

Em – how did your appointment with Lynn go...? Is she changing your protocol for donor eggs compared to your own egg cycles?

I have a dilemma and would really appreciate any advice for you ladies...
    I am set to go with donor eggs from The World Egg Bank in the USA. They send 7 frozen eggs to Australia at a cost of $23,000 (I know, sooooo high...!) I asked my FS for advice on selecting a donor as we may only do this once... she said to select someone who is between 19 and 23 years old and who produces less than 18 eggs from one cycle. This is the hard part... I have to wait for another couple to select a donor and to see how many eggs she collects... so far there is no one that fits these criteria... the clinic said that most of the women under 23 produce more than 18 eggs.

I have found a donor my husband and I really like – she actually looks like she could be related to me... she is 19 with an AMH of 27 (or 2.7 in US standards). I have an AMH of 11 and at 41 I produce around 10 eggs... so she would probably produce more than 18 eggs... Another couple would like to select her so I need to pay the fee and formally select her. If I do this then I must use her eggs even if she produces more than 18 eggs... If I say no, the other couple will select her...

Have any of you had success with a donor who has produced more than 18 eggs...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lily - sorry to read about your donor... what happens to the money you have paid - I hope you don't lose anything. Plus your treament cycle, can you continue or do you need to stop and start again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi myheart, The clinics in SA don't dtim donors anywhere near as much as they do in the US, they aim for approx 10 eggs in South Africa, so I don't think many if the ladies here will have a donor who produces 28+ eggs.
    I think you have to go with you gut, if she fits your other criteria and looks like you, has a rocking AMH score, in my eyes she'd be a winner! But it's your call right?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

myheart  (17-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Can't edit on my phone... Of course I meant 18 eggs!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

myheart  (13-02-2014)