Closed Thread
Page 52 of 92 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Helenmac - I'm sorry about the loss of your twin and I hope having the doppler will put your mind at ease.

AllieOop - thanks for your reassurance. Yes it's true I've heard many times how some people make it with one embryo. It's amazing though how quick we forget these stories and start to panic when we are actually faced with the situation. I'm glad I joined this thread and everyone here has been wonderful.

Wishmeluck - I'm trying not to think about POAS and I guess I'm being distracted by the fact that I'm still on holiday. Luckily my BT is due the next day after I get back.

Emski - good luck on your donor xx

Ann - thanks for your advise, I might sound a bit dumb here but when should I expect these symptoms to start and does everybody experience the same? Not sure what to expect now. Being on holiday helps a bit to reduce the stress. We have one week left and sometimes I wish I could speed it up so I can get closer to the BT 😊.

Good luck to everyone

Thembs

And

For me 😊

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thembs For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (11-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi thembs its hardto say as you know everyone's different. Some say they had no sign and then a positive bt! I personally surprisingly started experiencing some twitching and fluttering on day 5 and day 6 had sharp pinches along the side of my tummy just a few times on and of. 8 dpt I tested positive on hpt - i tested not so much because of symptoms more so because I read some had a positive hpt around day 8 which I thought was so special and I wld never be lucky enough to be one of them so I thought I wld just try out my luck. Remember you may be pregnant but not enough hcg to be picked up early on. I had conceived twins so my hcg was high to begin with. I did however have plenty symptoms ranging from cramps, gas, tiredness, weakness, got the flu and nauseous. Good luck try not to focus on it (I know easier said then done!) and enjoy your hol. Pls remember everyone's different and you may not necessarily feel anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Em - what is factor V..? Did Lynn detect this? Did you ask for the test or did she find out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi myheart - it was part of the general work up Lynn did for me when I first started seeing her. Did you get the 13 vials of blood taken when you first saw her? She would have checked for it as she is very thorough. It is a clotting disorder where your more likely to get deep vein thrombosis either by travel, smoking, the pill and pregnancy. It also makes you more prone to miscarriage - and any pregnancy has to be monitored by a hemotologist as well, but generally it is treated with clexane. My appointment with the hemotologist was very reassuring - he seems to think I might have ITP which causes low platelet counts, as well which is not related to fertility and one of the treatments is prednisolone so I'll have that covered as well.
    Emx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

myheart  (11-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I haven't posted for a while as like the other pregnant ones I'm conscious of what you are all going through and the emotions this journey brings. I do read this thread every day to follow your journeys.

Firstly Helen I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your twin. I can't imagine the anxiety you must be feeling. I hope you can find some peace and embrace the little one growing strong. Hopefully your 12 week scan will help a little.

To those of you in the 2WW and others about to embark on your journey my thoughts are with you all. Fingers crossed we get some positive results very soon.

like the other ladies have said the worry just doesn't go away. I am now 13 weeks and it has been a long journey so far but thankfully our twins are doing great. We had our 12 week scan last week and it was amazing to see them bouncing around in there so happy. I'm now starting to get quite big so my worries have shifted now as the memories of losing my twins last time starts to surface. I have a wonderful obstetrician who is really great at calming me down and reminding me that each pregnancy is different and hopefully this time we can get them to a healthy delivery date. Every week is a blessing and I'm being monitored very closely. I try to remind myself of how lucky I am to get this far but until I'm holding them safely in my arms I don't think I can relax. I'm already counting the weeks to delivery and too scared to change my signature.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Abundance1 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (11-02-2014),helenmac  (11-02-2014),Missleo  (11-02-2014),myheart  (11-02-2014),sootymay  (12-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Abundance,

Lovely to hear that you and your twins are doing well. After reading your post, I just wanted to let you know that I have a friend who is nearly 50 and currently pregnant with donor eggs from LA. She also experienced the tragedy of losing a set of twins about 7 years ago due to an incompetent cervix. She has had a cerclage performed for this pregnancy around 12-14 weeks. You might want to discuss with your OB if he has not already suggested it? My friend is now 30 weeks and both she and her twins are doing really well.

RB x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Abundance1  (13-02-2014)

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Thank you for for your your lovely posts I'm ok and have come to terms with the loss of one twin. As long as the remaining bub keeps thriving I will be fine.

AllieOop and Ann - I really appreciate you both telling me your experiences with VTS. Did either of you have any bleeding or cramping or did the other baby absorb everything? I am so scared the other bub will come to the same fate. The doppler has given me some comfort though.

1 week until my 12 week scan!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Rainbow - HELLO.. You wouldn't believe it, I was actually going to send you a message just now, that's why I got on here, and then saw your post and then all the other ladies as well. Thats so cool that your little boy is active and your African themed nursery Abundance - great your scan went well!! I sent you a PM a few days ago Helen - nice you posted here too again, once again, sorry about your twin loss. I'm so glad you are feeling a bit better & have your Doppler. Wishmeluck, so good to hear from you, good luck for everything too. - seems a lot of the old girls (that sounds terrible doesn't it!) have popped in at the same time

Hi to everyone else - I truly wish you luck

Hi to BB4, Pixel, Makey, January and everyone else - sorry if I miss anyone. I hope you are all doing well and somewhat at peace with another trip, or having a break and BB4 & Pixel - fabulously pregnant as well.

Good luck !
    Last edited by sootymay; 13-02-2014 at 21:04.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Abundance1  (13-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helen - I am so sorry for the loss of your twin. I hope everything goes well for the rest of your pregnancy and you can start to relax a bit.

Angelmama - I hope everything is going ok for you. You are in my thoughts and I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

AllieOop, Rainbowchaser, Wishmeluck and Abundance - wonderful to hear where you are all at now. Thanks so much, I think it helps us on our way to CFC to be more positive.

Emski - fingers crossed for tomorrow's appointment with your donor. Hopefully all goes well and you can stay on track.

Thembs - For you. Not long to go. I'm bad with POAS, can't resist it.

AFM - I wrote awhile back about NK cells and getting them tested. I wasn't going to as my FS was going to put me on a basic protocol but I went back and pushed a bit and they did the biopsy test on the spot as I was day 21. My FS got the results back and said they were fine and sent them to me. I couldn't make sense of them but sent them of to CFC anyway. CFC have added, baby asprin daily, prednisone 15mg daily, clexane 40mg daily from egg retrieval and an Intralipid prior to transfer . Can anyone tell me if this is a lot of meds? I'm very happy I had the test done so a huge thanks to the ladies in this thread that provided me with advise. Much appreciated.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lily72 For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (25-02-2014),helenmac  (16-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lily, that is pretty much the exact same meds as I take, except I'm on dexamethasone instead of prednisolone. I think it's a fairly standard combination for treating elevated NK cells.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Lily72  (13-02-2014)