Closed Thread
Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Sorry I have been MIA I just don't get on the forums much these days and I've been finding it hard to talk about my pregnancy. Still in denial and disbelief! Unfortunately we lost one twin at 9 weeks six days but the other baby measured 10 weeks 4 days (when I was 10 weeks 2 days) so it's thriving and growing really well.
    I've come to terms with the loss but now terrified about the other one! I've hired a Doppler so hopefully that will ease my mind somewhat. I have another scan next week and then the following week my 12 weeks scan then I can finally relax a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

I have been following everyone and what they are writing but haven't been commenting.

I have been struggling lately with all my emotions and with the loss of my son 3 years ago. If he hadn't died I wouldn't even be doing this and that brings tears all over again..

My head is all over the place and I am not sleeping and am worrying about if I get no eggs or no fertilisation or it doesn't work. Then on the other hand I am worried about being away from my daughter (haha not so much my husband) for 10 days because I miss her so much when I am away from her.

I wish I could switch my brain off with my worries. Some days I don't even want to get on the plane to go yet we have so much vested in it.

Its just over 2 weeks until I leave and I started to the synarel today so I am going to be even more emotional. God help me!

~Angel~

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all,

It’s been a while since I made any comments – apologies! – but I had to come on today. Helen, I’m so sorry about your loss. I don’t know if you remember, but I lost a twin somewhere between my 6 and 8 week scans – probably closer to the 6 week mark but we didn’t know until the 8. I’m sure you’ve heard about vanishing twin syndrome and that losing a twin is quite common – small comfort, I know. At the time, we had been prepared and I wasn’t even surprised since my Dr had warned me of the potential for loss. And strangely it was only when we learned of the sex of our second baby that I cried for our lost one, thinking maybe it had been a boy or a sister for our girl. I just wanted you to know that you’re not alone in what you’re experiencing and feeling. After we lost ours I was terrified for the second baby – always waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak, and I’m still occasionally convinced there’s something wrong, that she’s going to be taken away from me. Know, though, that she’s thriving at 34 weeks, giving her mum what-for from the inside, and every indication points to me having a healthy and big baby (she’s measuring large – I’m a little terrified of getting that head out of me!). Anyway, I hope the remainder of your pregnancy is complication-free. I think the Doppler was a great idea – I wish I had done the same thing. I never would have turned it off. Please let us know when you hit the 12 week mark – I’d love to say well done.

Pixel – I know you asked after me a month or so ago – thank you for that and my apologies in not responding. I should have. All’s well (although I’ve been really sick this past week with bronchitis) and we’re due around March 21 . Given that she’s measuring a few weeks bigger than she should I wouldn’t be too terribly upset if she decides to come a week or so early. Our donor was tiny but my husband is 6’5 – I thought they might even each other out! I did find it pretty surreal to see my name creeping further and further down January’s list.

It’s great to see so many new names and stories – Good luck to you all, ladies, and may SA make your dreams come true. Thembs – fingers crossed for you! I know you hear this all the time but there are a lot of women on here who had successful pregnancies from a single embryo. Safe trip home.

I’m wondering how some of the other women on this forum are doing – BB4Me, Rainbow, Pixel, Abundance, Wishmeluck, Sunny, Anait, Jenn, BJ04 and anyone I’m sorry to have missed from the BFP pool. I’m also wondering how Sooty, Jodi, Net, and January are getting along? Angelmama – I know the devils come out at night and stop you from sleeping. I can’t imagine what you’ve been through and I sincerely hope your upcoming trip is everything you need. Everyone else – big hugs to you all. Sorry for such a long post!!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AllieOop For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (11-02-2014),sootymay  (12-02-2014),thembs  (09-02-2014),Twowhites  (10-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought this was an interesting article

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1226821437995

Has anyone looked into the clinic they used?

~Angel~

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello AllieOop and all the other ladies on the forum.

All well with me. I do read the BH updates on a regular basis, however I just don't feel that my postings are really on topic in here at the moment.

I'm now 26 weeks pregnant. All doing well. I have told my work and now I am fully enjoying my right to be pregnant. Bub is measuring a week ahead of dates, but I have not gained a single kilo. I came to this sudden realisation last weekend when somebody who had not seen me for a long time asked one of my friends if I had been ill and she laughed and said look at her stomach, she's 6 months pregnant. Anyway, that night jumped on the scales and had the fright of my life when I thought I had lost 7 kilos. Luckily my visit with my OB was the next day and he was able to reassure me that as long as that baby is growing at a good rate and within range all was good. He did run tests on my thyroid just to be sure that was not playing havoc with me (thankfully it wasn't) - and he also did another scan to check measurements and to my relief that was all good too. But you really never do have a stage where you just don't have to worry and that's just something I try very hard to accept right now. I will be having a Caesar in the first week of May. We have the nursery ready to go and have a wonderful African Theme, I've been buying amazing little things on South African websites so have made it quite special for him. Our little man is extremely active within and at this very moment is having a bit of a disco in my tummy.

Angelmama - my heart went out to you when I read one of your recent posts, because like so many women here, you have been through so much. All I can say to you is something that was said to me by the very kind Professor who was looking after me here at my clinic in Australia preparing me for the cycle and that was... "medicine is doing everything it can to assist you in this journey, now you just have to believe that this can happen for you" I know first hand that it is so much easier said than done on this journey as I too still worry in my own situation and I guess that is unfortunately just human nature, but try to allow yourself the opportunity to look forward to a brighter tomorrow. There is never any guarantee with any of this, but I truly believe the journey you are on gives you the best possible odds of achieving your goal. The meds do make the stress levels worse also, so make sure you try and give yourself some extra special time out and go for a massage or try meditation if that is your thing?

Helen - I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of one of your twins. I was suspected of losing a twin in my first pregnancy with my daughter. It really is very upsetting and no words can quite do it justice. I hope the days/weeks/months ahead get easier for you and that you can begin to enjoy your pregnancy and the life within you that you have worked so hard for?

a big hello to all you other ladies who were so frequently on the forum along with me in the lead up to my visit to SA. I do read the forum regularly to keep up with how everybody is doing - but big hugs to all of you who are currently pregnant and to those of you who are getting ready to go to beautiful Cape Town again in the not too distant future - and those who are still deciding what their next step might be. I have learnt so much from all of you and wish you all nothing but the best on your individual journey.

RB
    Last edited by Rainbowchaser; 10-02-2014 at 11:23.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (11-02-2014),sootymay  (12-02-2014),thembs  (10-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AllieOop thanks for asking about me. I've posted a couple of times during my pregnancy but didn't get any replies. I was hoping to give hope to others. All going well. I'm 29 weeks tomorrow and am scheduled for c-section on 15 April :-) I still worry every day though!

Rainbow so glad your pregnancy is going well. HelenMac lost one of her beautiful twins not me. I'm so sorry Helen. I'll pray the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing.

Thembs not long before your test. Are you going to POAS? I was such an addict - but know they can also be stressful :-) Good luck!

Hi to everyone else on your journey. Sending you lots of baby dust xxx
    Last edited by wishmeluck; 10-02-2014 at 06:58.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (12-02-2014),thembs  (10-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Wishmeluck - I'm always inspired by the ladies coming back to let us know how they are getting on and offering us advice! I hope you don't think the 'newbies' don't appreciate updates, because I love reading them!

Rainbowchaser - glad to hear you're going well and have 'outed' yourself so you can relax (in one sense) with your pregnancy.

Angelmama - I think anyone undergoing a donor cycle overseas will have similar second thoughts as you're going through. I fully expect I will! As Rainbow said, it's likely magnified by the meds as well. I intend to start a nightly meditation cd when I start my meds as I know it helps to calm me down when my mind is racing. So much is out of our control in this process and the outcome can potentially offer both extreme emotional highs and lows so feeling what you're feeling is pretty normal I'd say. Know that we are all here to support you and there are plenty of ladies here who can understand what you're going through. Just take one day at a time and try not to get into the 'what if's' in your head.

AFM - our donor is re-booked in for Thurs so my nerves begin again for her testing outcome after our false start last week. I'm off to the hematologist today to check out some low platelet counts and to talk about my clotting issues before undertaking all this estrogen replacement (which is a bit of a no no) hopefully everything will go ok. DH is off overseas tomorrow for almost 3 weeks so I'll have no one to hear my irrational thoughts lol.

Have a great week everyone!
    Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry Wishmeluck... I realised it was Helen (I think I have you on the brain as we obviously communicate outside the forum!) not to mention that I have very bad baby brain at the moment! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Sorry Helen, I also meant to respond to you. So sorry to hear you lost one of your twins that must have been awful for you. Let us know how you get on with your upcoming scans.

Em x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (11-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helenmac - I recently posted my story here. I just wanted to say how very sorry iam to hear you lost your little twin. It can be devastating and left feeling terrified of anything going wrong with the surviving bub. I found out on my 11 week scan I lost a twin, I was so upset and in shock and terrified. I now 25 weeks with an active little bub, the devastating feeling over time has gone although I do get sad at times but its over shadowed by the happy feeling of being. pregnant with a healthy bub. Take care and in time you will start relaxing a bit and enjoy being pregnant, although the worry won't be quite over until bubs is in our arms/ and then a whole new set of worries will beginning !

angelmam- Godspeed to you and wish you all the luck that you come back pregnant.

Wish me luck, Alli and RB good luck girls, nearly there !

Thembs- congrats on being pupo, may the symptom spotting start! Hope you enjoy your holiday to keep your mind sane. Just don't do any heavy lifting or hot baths, you will be fine. I was also told not to swim I think for a week at least, incase of bacterial infection since the cervix had been opened for the tx as I went for a hol after one of my txs too. I actually steered clear of the pool for the two weeks, just incase!

Hi Em- hopefully you can stick to your original plans and dates and your donor feels all better and things are on track as planned.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (11-02-2014),thembs  (10-02-2014)