Closed Thread
Page 49 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Emski... Donor testing day for us too today... I feel kinda sick with nerves this time hoping that our second donor passes all her tests. My logical brain tells me it will be a few days before we find out but it doesn't stop me from wanting to just check emails. This whole process is a quick way to make a normally logical and sensible person totally irrational somedays :s

I'd happily do lunch in SA if timing works? We have a couple of other things we want to do while we are in SA to help make it feel like a 'holiday' so we do have vague plans to do an overnight stay in a safari park (inverdoorn) and DH will do a shark cage dive (he's an experienced diver and this has been a bucket list thing for some time)
    I also won't complain if we get a chance to go to stellenbosch to try a couple of wines

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (06-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lily, January , Angel, Thembs how are you all going ?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Lily72  (04-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. Thanks Blinky . I've just been catching up on what everyone is doing. Things are certainly moving along for everyone. It's just over 10 weeks until we hopefully are flying to CT. That is for the tentative dates that we have anyway. We are waiting for our donor to be tested. CFC have said mid month but I've not heard anymore than that. I'm not sure whether to push CFC or not. Feeling a bit deflated to be honest. I know logically that this is the process and we need to wait but finding it difficult right now. Sorry for complaining, I really am very excited and hopeful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, thanks for asking Blinky :-)

Well, I've been reading all the wonderful stories here while trying to enjoy the holiday and not to feel too anxious. I was going to update this weekend when I know how many we managed to transfer. I am a bit worried, but trying to stay calm. Our donor started a bit slow so the ET was moved to the 8th instead of the 5th Feb. Now today we got an update from the clinic that 10 oocytes were retrieved, 8 were injected with sperm and 2 fertilised and embryo transfer has been moved again to Thursday the 6th Feb. I don't know if this is good or bad. Has anyone had similar results, I'm worried but at the same time don't want to lose hope. We'll see what happens tomorrow, I suppose this can still result in a pregnancy. There's not much we can do but keep fingers and everything crossed.

Me 44, DH43
    9years TTC,
    IVF #1: 5 eggs, none fertilised
    IVF/ICSI #2: cycle cancelled - poor resonse
    IVF/ICSI #3: cycle cancelled- poor response

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lily- I completely understand the 'deflated feeling' but still excited. I waver between both too. It's a strange place to be waiting for test results that we aren't participating in but on which our plans and hopes lay. I think the distance adds to this ... But then again maybe that's better; stopping us all from just dropping in ..lol! Still not long to go, a couple of weeks and we should all have dates and plans firing away

Thembs - how exciting to be there! I don't expect it is unusual for your donor to be a slow starter. From what I understand they stim them differently to how they do for us (ie low dose) but maybe some I the more experienced here can offer better advice. (I will be keen to read along)
    Hope you are enjoying your time in SA (away from the clinic), do you have any tips of things to check out while we are there?

Emski - hope your waiting more patiently then me

AFM we got an email from the nurse last night I start the pill today and she was working on my treatment plan yesterday. All going well she expects to be able to give us our plan in a few days ! Fx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky- thanks for the reassurance, but I'm more worried about the fact that we only have two fertilised eggs out of 8. I hope they grow strong so we can transfer both. I'm anxiously waiting for the lab update tomorrow. I hope I'm not over reacting but can't help myself at the moment.

As for Cape Town, where do I start. I guess it's a personal choice because there's so much to see and do. There's usually leaflets in most if not all accommodations. We are staying in a cottage which is less than 10 minutes walk to the clinic and it is such a perfect place and cheap. They do the cleaning and laundry for us. They also provided small complimentary groceries on arrival. I feel, Waterfront, Table mountain city tour is a must amongst many things one can do. I know other girls have said a lot in the previous posts.
    We also went to Cape of good hope which was amazing. I've only mentioned a few things here but if you can find information centre and grab some leaflets that will be of great help. I hope this will help and I'm happy to answer any specific questions.

One other thing I found useful is to put money in my credit card and my qantas cash card, so I'm accumulating points while shopping and hopefully I'll have enough to get a free flight ticket for another holiday back here or elsewhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky and Emski- on your donor testing.

Lily- it's getting close and exciting. Just stay positive, all will be well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Esperanza. That makes me feel a bit more hopeful.
    Now to just find a local donor! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    2014 ROLL CALL

RESEARCHING DONOR OPTIONS
    flyer
    KLM0511

williteverhappen
    myheart

MrsErinR
    mayaus
    francesthecat
    Sahndi
    MGCBertie

DONOR SELECTED & CONFIRMED
    Esperanza (Cape Town - ET ?)
    Lily72 (Cape Town - ET ? Mar)
    Feather (Cape Town ET ? Mar)
    Blinky76 (Cape Town - ET ? Mar)
    January (Cape Town - ET ? Mar)
    Angelmama74 (Cape Town - ET ? Feb)
    Emski72 (Cape Town - ET ? Mar)

IN CAPE TOWN FOR DONOR CYCLE
    thembs (Cape Town - ET 6 Feb)

2 WEEK WAIT

BFP

GRADUATES

2014 STATS

Previous roll call can be found on thread #4 page 34

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi thembs, try and stay positive. I know it's hard when the numbers drop. A friend of mine did a cycle in CT and got only 3 eggs. She ended up transferring the only one that made it and she now has a healthy little boy

A big hello to all the March ladies I should be there from around the 24th if all goes to plan and would love to catch up with you all if we can manage it. I've been pretty quiet as there really is nothing to report. My donor has her screening appointment next week. Not expecting issues as she has been through the process before.

Baby dust to all

13. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

thembs  (05-02-2014)