Closed Thread
Page 47 of 92 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Emski we had originally planned to be in SA by the last week in March. I have asked for the same (knowing I was pushing my luck) so far they haven't said it is impossible so FX we can still work with those dates.
    Esperanza we did the same with our original donor at sunshine too. This time around Rikki 'reused' our initial letter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies
    This is my first time posting in this thread. Just found out today that cycle #9 with my own eggs was another epic fail so am starting to research going down the DE path. So far we think we will either go to Spain or SA and I wondered whether any of you had done a comparison of the two countries and how you ended up choosing SA? Any advice would be appreciated.

Good luck with your journeys, I hope you all get your much deserved BFPs soon. Baby dust to you all.

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    williteverhappen - Just read your signature block and gosh, you have certainly been through the ringer. Welcome to this thread....lots of tips and advice. Unfortunately, I cant help with donor programs in Spain, as I never looked into it. I hope one of the ladies can assist.

Blinky - congrats on your new donor...I hope things move along swiftly to keep your March transfer. Re: Travelling with medications...my GP wrote me a letter and listed out ALL the medications, even the Gestone for travelling back to Australia, so I didn't need to ask CFC for a letter....I stapled CFCs list of medications to my GPs letter too. On the way there, I had the majority of meds in my suitcase (the ones that didn't need chilling anyway) and took enough (approx. a weeks worth) in hand luggage just in case my suitcase was delayed. I basically did the same on the way home too....even putting the extra Gestone in my suitcase, as I elected to purchase extra Gestone to take me to the prescribed 11 weeks if I got a positive result....its so cheap and easy to use and I also thought that even if I got a negative result, I would be back over again as we were lucky enough to get 6 embryos to freeze. CFC will give you advice when to take the Gestone whilst travelling, taking into consideration the time difference. Blinky, I was on a heck of a lot of different meds and had all of them in my hand luggage, including syringes....no one questioned me at all...I volunteered the information and I was pretty much waved away in most cases. If you need to travel with meds that need chilling like I did, you may need to research how to do that. I carried my meds in a 6 pack cooler bag and then put a freezer block in it and that all went into my hand luggage...but at some stage though, I had to re-freeze the block. I had read on this thread that the flight attendants are not allowed to do this for you on the plane. I was extremely lucky as I was given some free passes into the Qantas club, so I went into the one in Perth and they could not do enough for me.

Emski - how are your plans going? March is just around the corner...you must be getting excited.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (29-01-2014),williteverhappen  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sunny
    Williteverhappen, in my initial research I looked at Thailand, Spain, Czech Greece , Hawaii and SA. In the end the decision for us came down to our ability to potentially have a close physical match (I am from Western European heritage), total cost involved, level of involvement in choosing the donor and quality of medical care.
    I asked questions on forums, my own GP, my fabulous FS and all the answers kept bringing us back to our choice of SA... From memory Spain worked out to be $5000 - 8000 Euro ($8000-12500) just for the cycle which compared to total SA cost is very expensive. And then you still have flights and accommodation .
    For us having just come off a full fresh IVF cycle with extras it was an easy decision..
    Last edited by Blinky76; 29-01-2014 at 21:53.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

williteverhappen  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    WillitEverhappen - What Blinky said! And there is no language barrier w/ SA... I'd also read mixed reports on the Fertility Friends UK forum on other locations, but everyone using donor eggs at CFC had nothing but good things to say. Once you are there too everything is in Euros so adds up quickly whereas SA is much cheaper.
    good luck wherever you choose, you deserve a break!
    Sunny, yep our donor is being screened Monday which is exciting and my own period finally turned up 61 days after my D&C so everything is looking on track at this stage.
    We are currently on a little break up at the sunshine coast which has been great, once we are back DH is off overseas for almost 3 weeks with work, then we head to CPT!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (30-01-2014),MGC Bertie  (31-01-2014),williteverhappen  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to all,
    Hope everyone is doing well and feeling positive about the baby making potential of 2014 - sorry for the lack of personals it's a bit too hard for my ditsy head to keep up with everyone but I am an avid reader of everyone's updates.
    After an assessment of our failed Cape Town DE cycle in Dec, we have selected a new donor, obtained a slightly tweaked protocol from Dr M to try and overcome my endo, MTHFR etc, and are preparing to head back over to Sth Africa in mid-March.
    We plan again to stay in Mouille Point - we loved the seafront promenade for morning walks/ runs and selection of non-touristy restaurants, and closeness to the CBD and the clinic.
    We're a little more circumspect about our chances this time but know that DE is our only option so we need to give it a really good try - and I can visualise me getting pregnant so I remain hopeful this will be our time.
    If anyone is in Cape Town around the same time ( March 23 onwards ) I would be keen to meet for coffee ( well herbal tea for me actually!).
    Best wishes to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear from you Feather ! It's a good reminder for the likes of me to keep things in perspective and to be realistic in our expectations of this whole process (as nothing is a guarantee ).
    We hope to be in SA from the 23rd too! (all going well with our new donors appointments on the 4th), I'd be happy to plan a catch up for a chat while we r there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    williteverhappen - we went with Cape Town because of the price, no communication barriers, the donors on offer and because of all the wonderful reviews I've read about CFC. Not to mention I've always wanted to go on safari.

emski- fingers crossed everything goes wonderfully with your donor screening.

feather - hoping your cycle in March goes perfectly for you. Seems like there will be a few of us there around that time.

blinky - so glad plans are full steam ahead for you. Here's hoping for a perfect screening for your donor also.

So exciting to hear everyone's plans are moving forward. I'm excited to say our contracts are signed and agency fees are paid so we are just waiting on CFC to get back to me with their fees etc. and when we can get our donor in for screening. As she has never donated before I was wanting to get her AMH done as well just to be sure. At this point though we are looking at early April, but would be lovely to catch up if our times there cross paths.

I think we are looking at staying somewhere near V&A Waterfront or Camps Bay, even though it's about a 25 minute drive to the clinic but the area seems beautiful. Eek too many decisions.

I can't believe it's all happening now, it's pretty surreal. So happy to be finally making this journey.
    Last edited by Esperanza; 31-01-2014 at 12:47.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Esperanza For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (31-01-2014),williteverhappen  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I would like to join your thread. I know some of you from other threads but I will catch up on what is happening with the other girls.

I am on the DE path but not with SE - I've selected The World Egg Bank nd havining the eggs sent to Australia. Does anyone know of someone who has had success using TWEB..?
    We selected a donor but she produced 44 eggs and my FS told me not to select a donor who produces more than 18 eggs.... so to our nect choice, who (hopefully) will produce less than 18 eggs in March...

I also have high NK cells.... to some of you that have this, what further tests / treatments did you do prior to the DE transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.

Sorry, not too much input from me this week but I have been enthusiastically reading along. Congrats Blinky on your new donor.

We got the results of our miscarriage (Trisomy 22) and also the SCSA results during the week. The SCSA rating was excellent, thankfully. One less thing to worry about. I'm off to see the FS tomorrow and then hopefully we can make some decisions! I feel like I've been waiting months for this appointment. Really, it's only about 6-7 weeks since the MC.

Even so, one FET to happen first but then, maybe, we'll be on the SA donor egg path for real.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend