Closed Thread
Page 44 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Abundance the Multiples Parents Chat Thread (pretty sure that's the name of it...) is fairly active so why don't you join that. There are only a couple of girls active on it but I think they would be happy with more activity after reading the latests posts! Nice bunch of seemingly non-judgemental twin mummies (unlike a lot of BH threads I have found...why??), come and join in! I am trying to be more active there when I find a minute.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

Abundance1  (25-01-2014),sootymay  (24-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Missleo and Abundance, I almost missed your posts. Thanks for letting me know. I have made an appointment to see Joel next month, so will have a chat and see what he suggests. He is brutally honest and always makes me feel like with my age (45) it's hopeless with my own eggs. But you have to try right!
    Have done 2 IVF cycles and 1 FET which all failed.
    I would like to try searching in Aus first though. Or, my half sister said she would donate but she is turning 40 next month - not sure Joel would go with that. All discussions to have with him next month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So it's back to the drawing board for us..

Our selected donor didn't pass her tests and the clinic have told us to select a new donor. While we are devo to have to start the selection process all over again, I can't stop feeling bad for the donor who through this process has now had to find out about her own fertility limitations (

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Oh Blinky thats not good, but better to find out now I guess. Good luck with finding someone new... hopefully it won't take too long. Our donor has her testing on the 4th, I really hope it goes ok.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky, so sorry to hear that. How upsetting. But better to find out now than to get there and find there are no embryos to transfer. That maybe of no comfort to you today though :-(. I hope you can find another donor you like quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it seems we have become very efficient at donor selection because we managed to find another donor very quickly. Let's hope she says yes (Fx)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Another just-get-on-with-it type... I love it! I hope she says yes Blinky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You got it Emski ! .. No stuffing around here ;p just pick up sticks and get on with it is my theory...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky and Emski.... that's interesting that they put donors on the list who haven't had testing. You would think that they would test them first? Do they re-test everytime a new person chooses them to donate?

AFM.... I'm going to try once more with my own eggs, with a different FS at a different clinic and see if that makes any difference. The main reason really, is just fitting in a sneaky cycle while waiting for other things to progress with my sister. So SA will not be til much later in the year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi MGC, they test before each cycle with all donors from what I can tell. I guess there is no point in testing a donor and doing scans etc if they dont get chosen or get tested then dont get chosen for 4 months and have to get tested again... also my agency fee pays for my donors testing iykwim? Good luck with your sneaky cycle! Will be cheering you on
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by emski72; 24-01-2014 at 21:47.