Closed Thread
Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    To the ladies that have had the BFN after their treatments, do you think its an issue within your body, the donor egg or sperm?

Just interested in knowing what you think what happened.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski, I guess it depends on what you are after in a donor. For us we wanted younger the better and proven. As we have brown hair that was a consideration but apart from that looking like us is not a priority as we will tell them the circumstances of their conception.

But it was hard looking at all the donors. Originally I liked one from EDSA but if her next donation before us was a twin pregnancy she wouldn't be available to us and I couldn't go thru much more heartache.

I hope you are treating yourself kindly after the d & c. I found it helpful with my 2 d & c's having the testing and knowing what was wrong with the baby. I hope your doctor offered you this option.

Take care x

Thanks
    Reviews
    derrrr.. I just realised I probably cant go back this soon...that was todays plan as we shut down over xmas and then I wouldn't have to freak about leave again (26 Dec - 6th Jan), as I need to have a period..!!! and go through all the meds / pill / ovulation suppression again etc... see how good my memory is... and where impatience gets you !! Looks like I'll be chilling over Xmas after all for a few months xx

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    BB4ME - Fantastic news of your BFP!! HCG 190 is a great result, nice strong numbers. I hope the pain has now subsided and best of luck for your repeat beta.

Emski - So very sorry for your loss. Great that you have a plan in place and something to look forward too going to Cape Town next year. Wishing you well.

Abundance - How exciting you are off in a few days!! This just has to be YOUR turn now!! I hope that you are feeling better on the dex! Good news about your lining too. Hope you have a fab time and come back with a extra load on board!

Sooty - Hope you are going ok. It's wonderful that Dr. M is going to tweak your immune protocol. Perhaps he might suggest IVIg and this is something that can be done with Dr. L at the correct dosage (keep in mind Dr. M only does 15g for everyone regardless of weight). With your very high nk cells IVIg is best to bring them down. Take care.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (28-11-2013),sootymay  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BB4ME - Congratulations on your BFP. I hope everything continues to progress well for you.

Emski - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. A D&C will at least give you the opportunity to put it behind you now. I waited for a natural miscarriage with my last IVF pregnancy using my own eggs at the end of last year and it was just so hard emotionally wondering when it was all going to start/finish. I found the D&C I had with my previous natural pregnancy much easier to deal with as the closure started from the end of the operation. Good luck with your donor searching, wonderful that your husband is on board, now you both have something to look forward to.

For the rest of you donor searching - I hope that you all find the perfect donor.

Net - you must be off any day now to get your little Pirate of the Caribbean. I hope that all is tracking well for you and that you have some good news to report around Christmas time?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BB - wonderful, wonderful news. The number is great. From memory mine was about the same. I know it is so hard having been there myself, but repeatedly tell yourself this is a new pregnancy. As for the sharp pains I had a few of those too, I just figured it was the emby snuggling in.

OMG I am so pleased for you both. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy. Xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Ladies,
    just checking in to say a big Thankyou to you all for the wonderful legacy you have given us newbies. The information contained in these SA threads has been invaluable to my DH and I as we work through the process of DE. I'm humbled by your generosity and honesty in sharing all your own journeys.
    It has certainly helped us make a difficult and grief stained process not feel so foreign.
    as for us we have made initial contact with a clinic in Cape Town and also slowly working through the process of finding the right donor. (Something that has proven harder then we ever expected!)
    our current plan is to go in either March or April 2014. At times this feels along way away but when timelines are planned it's not really far away at all.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (28-11-2013),January  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski sorry to hear you've had to endure a D&C. In answer to your question I'm not sure what dpo means? I had the transfer on the 11th so I estimate I would be 5 weeks pregnant today although I am yet to hear from CFC with this info. My 2nd hcg test was done 4 days after the first and I had a 3rd one on the 5th day. Results are 190 - 1900 - 2900 so I am very happy with that, much better than last time. As for the cause of the pains I have been having, the results have all come back normal so nothing bad eg not ectopic, no urinary tract infection. Dr is guessing gastro as apparently there is a bit of it going around and acid reflux?? He said you can get it in early pregnancy and later in pregnancy. But he doesn't know for sure. Hi to everyone.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BB4Me For This Useful Post:

emski72  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Great numbers BB! DPO I meant days past 'ovulation' or donor EPU.
    Congratulations again.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BB4ME congratulations I am so happy for you, great news xxx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Anait For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (28-11-2013)