Closed Thread
Page 38 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. We went Qantas, it's actually South African airways (from perth anyway) if you don't care about points SAA tickets are probably cheaper. Also the SAA flight from j'berg to Cape Town doesn't count to points and you can't use the lounge. The only one world lounge is BA and the BA internal flight doesn't connect well. Sorry little Qantas rant.
    we organised pick up through the hotels. They send a car which is very convenient and not too expensive (we had a good exchange rate).
    we got to CT the day of or the day before the lining scan. On our last trip it was the day of the lining scan and CFC had tried to contact us prior to arriving to find out when we were arriving as our donor wasn't responding well and they wanted to collect the eggs early.i would therefore leave yourself a bit flexible with arrival dates if you can.
    on another note there is a catch up in perth of people with children from egg donation, people thinking of egg donation and egg donors. It has been organised by people on the egg donation Australia website. 12th of jan in kings park. If anyone what's further details let me know.

judy

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Plimpy For This Useful Post:

January  (06-01-2014),Lily72  (06-01-2014),sootymay  (06-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the very best to you! My hotel arranged a collection from the airport to the hotel which was great when we got in after a very long and delayed flight to Cape Town.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello Everyone... I've been lurking for a long while, but put off joining here until today's BFN has made SA a real possibility. I have done 7 x full stims, have used anon donor sperm three times, have used Dr M's immune treatment once, and now really need to accept that my old eggies are just not going to do it. My sister offered to donate her eggs, until recently she got a boyfriend and is now being a bit indecisive. That's making me unsure now whether to use her eggs, DH doesn't like the idea and wants the baby to be all ours, and even my Mum this afternoon agrees that in light of my sister's new boyfriend, she thinks my sister may regret her decision later. Lots of reasons why to go to SA. Plus I was born and lived in Cape Town for 4 years, so I actually feel a bit of a connection there.

I plan to go back and read this thread from the beginning (and may even read some of the earlier threads too!) so I look forward to learning from you, and hopefully become part of a very special journey with you all :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Bertie

I read about your bfn on the over 40's and its still a kick in the teeth no matter how many times it has happened before.

I had friends offer to donate but there are so many hoops to jump thru here in Australia. I am happy we have decided to go with SA and we have just picked and no hassle of all the drama. Its a hard decision for some to chose a donor but for me I didn't have issues and we are also using a sperm donor as well and CFC have a reasonable list to choose from.

I wish you all the luck as you decide which road to follow.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to angelmama74 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry girls, just all about me at this precise moment - I haven't had a chance to read through the last few pages yet, and it's probably really for the NK Cell forum where I have posted this too!

I need urgent advice / help please...

Does anyone know of a GP or FS in Melbourne that would prescribe Humira?

Dr Loglistas isn't back until 28 Jan, an I need to take it now, to trial it again for Karen Pace & further testing before our trip to SA again. Time is of the essence, as even if I took it today, it would be 4 weeks before I can get tested, and we are overseas for 5 days at the end of the month too! Oh dear !!

I have emailed Dr M to ask as well but not sure how long this will take. Plus it's not something that even the big chemist at Epworth Private Hospital stocks, so may take a few days to get in as well.

Hoping someone can help - thanks so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie - welcome !!!!!! Good to see you here, you will find everything your heart desires on this forum - well most of it, and a baby at the end of it hopefully !

I had the same thoughts when we first started out on our ED journey, with a family member. DH and I went over and over it, but felt that there were too many if's and buts - what "if" we had a girl, and she saw herself in the child (she has 3 little boys), what "if" it got awkward with a parenting ideas etc. In the end my Mum said the same thing, it would be safer & easier to a certain degree choosing a non related ED.

Enjoy your reading Its quite the story book, and you'll be hooked by the end of it, waiting to turn each page in anticipation of what's happening next on everyone's journeys!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Phew wee - I got the Humira from Dr M and its already been faxed to Slade Pharmacy as requested, I pick it up tomorrow - Yay.... Thanks girls, crisis over

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Bertie and glad you managed to get that sorted Sooty. Needing a med is pretty unnerving.
    Hope everyone else is travelling well. Sorry to have been a bit absent, I have been doing a lot of thinking about what next for me and not coming to any clear conclusions. I'm nervous about spending so much money on ungraded blasties when I am using the last of the batch. I don't know how they've been selected up til now and if i have the poorer quality ones or not. I'm also aware that egg donation isn't necessarily the holy grail either. I don't still want to be on this treadmill at 50 and endlessly paying off large debts that I build every time I try. I have started looking at the childless not by choice forums and considering what my life might look like if I am forced by circumstances to give up.
    I do hope, though that none of you have cause to follow me and I will pop in from time to time to see how you are all going. Cheers for now!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (08-01-2014),sootymay  (09-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annette - sorry you didn't get the result you were after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a query do you need a doctors letter to get the meds out of Australia? Also I am going to be having Clexane and the CFC nurse said I need to start this before I go. I have never had this before so is it a daily injection? and if you had Clexane did you start before you went?