Closed Thread
Page 33 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Abundance - Whoo hoo... super news and TWINS !!! You deserve it, thanks for all your help, I'm so happy for you !!

Plimpy etc - thats a fantastic idea. I've always thought about that too. That once "it happens" I'd then like to possibly even meet up in person with anyone interested, thats "once it happens" ... and I'm sure once pregnant there will be many thoughts and once baby is here, many questions on how to approach it with the child, family and friends, strangers in the supermarket etc!.... I "think" I dealt with a lot of those issues when deciding on ED, and went to the "Time to Tell Seminar" in Victoria before we started ED, it was fantastic, loads of books to read to age appropriate little-lees and ED children and families talking about their experiences - they were amazing and it was all positive.

Makey - I know we haven't heard from you for awhile, I hope you are ok, sorry I haven't had a chance to catch up with you yet.

Feather - so sorry to hear your news . You sound amazingly strong. I've gained strength reading your post and how you are approaching it.

Agencies - has anyone here used Sunshine before, and how did they find them? As you know, I really wanted to stick with ababysa, but am looking further afield now as they don't have anyone suitable at the moment.

Hi to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm pretty sure TwoWhites used Sunshine, maybe PM her?
    They are the most expensive I know that, so I didn't really even bother looking at them for that reason. $3594 ish Australian all up.

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would also be interested in a 'graduates' thread. I still lurk here regularly to keep up with where everyone is at and have tried to get involved in other threads on BH but the ladies here have a special connection I haven't found anywhere else. I would love to hook up with other DE mothers in Sydney - glad you will be joining that group next year Abundance!!

AFM well the twins are now 12 weeks old (6 weeks corrected) and an absolute joy...starting to babble and giving us big smiles every day. My girl who was only 1500g is now 4.3kg and my boy who was 1800g is now 5.1kg. I look at 'normal' size babies the same age and mine are still quite tiny - you quickly forget how small they actually were!! No real ongoing issues from being premie and really good babies so we are really blessed. My blood pressure finally returned to normal and off all meds after 9 weeks so I'm feeling great, though some sleep would be nice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny15 View Post
    Em - I was also a big fan of The Penny Chronicles....I haven't checked it for quite some time...is it still going? She also posted in the very early days of this thread but then stopped and I don't know what happened with her journey.
    Hi Sunny - she stopped updating - I don't think she was successful in the end which is sad, but her blog inspired me to look down the DE path.

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I have been following this discussion for a little while and just wanted to say what a fantastic resource this is for anyone contemplating the DE journey. How I wish I had discovered this forum before I embarked on my own journey to SA! - the advice, experiences and support is just invaluable.

Just to give a bit about my experience - after a few rounds of IVF it was becoming pretty clear that we weren't going to get a BFP from my poor tired old eggs (producing 5-7 each time but all of the best looking ones running out of puff at Day 3) so we started to investigate the DE path.

We ended up using Sunshine as our agency and they were excellent, although I am a bit surprised to hear now that they are more expensive than the others. When we were looking at agencies, although it was a while ago - this time last year, they were less than the others. I wonder why the price has increased so much...?? Of course price is always going to be a factor, but in terms of our experience with them, I couldn't have asked for better. Rikki always, always answered my emails promptly, even on weekends and she was particularly good in helping me choose a donor. I had the chance to meet her when I was in SA and found her to be professional, genuine, open and with a great sense of humour - a really easy person to talk to. She was also very supportive during my times of despair - our donor only produced 5 eggs which was a bit of a shock (she was an unproven donor but had a child already so we decided it was worth taking the chance).

My doctor at CFC was Dr Wiswedel but unfortunately I never actually got to meet him as he was away the week I was doing the cycle so Dr Matabese did the first consultation and then she was away when it was time for the transfer so I had another Dr whose name I can't remember and haven't seen mentioned, but he was excellent also.

Of course, as it is for most, it was an experience of highs and lows and most definitely a test of one's inner strength (!), but it was all so worth it. I am now 27 weeks pregnant with twins and still have many moments when I just cannot believe it has happened.

Once again, thank you all so much for your contributions. It can be a lonely journey at times and finding this forum and seeing others share the same path is more than wonderful.

I wish you all a very Happy New Year and hope that 2014 brings much baby love and joy to all

Amethyst

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amethyst13 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (31-12-2013),Pixel  (31-12-2013),sootymay  (31-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations abundance -twins so wonderful! I'm so glad that the bleed was nothing to be concerned about.

Feather l'm so sorry for your BFN I know this sadness from or first ED cycle and the disappointment of starting from scratch (from an emotional and financial point of view) and I'm so inspired for your attitude moving forward. Starting from scratch is a completely fresh go again which I think can have some benefits.

Welcome Esperanza if I can help in anyway with your journey feel free to ask

net so glad your only considering your options and looking forward xxx

plimpy great idea - I'm yet to graduate to motherhood but I would love to be part of a new thread and have face to face with others who have down DE - nice to read that others are keen too. I'm in Melbourne. Did you have the same donor for both your babies?
    PS I will always be part of this thread and I feel very connected to those who are beginning, continuing or achieved their DE BFP! We all know the emotions and effort and can relate to you know matter what stage your at.

Mrs ErinR - welcome. Thanks for sharing your story, good news is you sound like you have lots of good options moving forward this also brings many decisions which can take some time to work through the pros and cons and what sits best.

missleo I'm so happy the twins are doing so well, I teared up as I imagined them giving you big smiles - definitely what we are all "working" towards.

Sooty l didn't go with Sunshine but had some contact with them while donor searching and found them good. I personally went with the donor that l liked and looked at all agencies to find her.

Wondering how long it is before Araline and Allieoop are due? Good luck girls.

ATM I'm at 18 weeks so enjoying everyday of pregnancy and looking forward to my 20 week scan. Think I can feel movement but it's still subtle and could be mistaken for digestion, my dr said my placenta is at the front so it may make it tricker to feel.

January thanks again for keeping the role call going - I love watching the list grow. It was hard for me when I made it to 2ww for BFP in march and had to go back to the top but couldn't believe I made the graduate list the second time around in September - what a year of highs and lows. My due date is 2nd of June if you want to add it when you can.

Happy new year to all, here's wishing for a year full of BFPs and babies in 2014

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

emski72  (31-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst13 View Post
    We ended up using Sunshine as our agency and they were excellent, although I am a bit surprised to hear now that they are more expensive than the others. When we were looking at agencies, although it was a while ago - this time last year, they were less than the others. I wonder why the price has increased so much...??
    Amethyst
    Hi Amethyst,
    What a great story!

Maybe I got it wrong and I thought it was weird at the time, but they seem to charge a 'total once off fee' of 16,500 rand and then an admin fee of 16,500 rand then another 1000 rand if the donor lives 50kms outside Cape Town. Which really does add up. I remember DJ saying they were double the other agencies.
    Rikki was always great when I dealt with with too.

Em xx
    Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gee that can't be right with Sunshine's fees, I'm going to ask Rikki now.

I know that Nurture was the most expensive when we were looking in August at well over $2200+, it was crazy. I questioned them on it and why they were so much more expensive than all the other agencies, and she immediately offered to reduce the fee by 30% which I found interesting!

Amethyst - Congratulations and thanks so much for your lovely post. I was wrapped to read all about Rikki and Sunshine and how she looked after you and you got to meet her. It was exactly the same for me with Lara & Tina at ababysa - I feel so much happier and reassured now to hear that of Sunshine as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just paid my fees to sunshine and it worked out to a little over $1500 (14,000 R for first time donors, 16,000 for tried and tested). I have found Rikki and the others at sunshine very good. Very quick at responding to all my questions. Also very good at championing for me at the clinic to get an earlier appointment for my donor.
    They have also agreed to refund in full if my donor doesn't pass all her medical / psych testing: including my request for AMH testing.
    Last edited by Blinky76; 01-01-2014 at 06:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks Blinky... their fee structure paperwork is very confusing then ( unless they have updated it) as it showed that 16,500 fee twice with two different names... you might want to mention it to Rikki because it meant that both DJ and I looked elsewhere thinking they were twice the price of other agencies.

Can anyone who has already been over advise if I'll need scans here before going as I'll need to request the referral from my FS.

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone. This WILL be our year!