Closed Thread
Page 32 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Plimpy, great idea for a new thread. I would like to be able to share my trials and tribulations with others who have trod a similar path to me. There is so much understandably raw emotion on this thread at times, and posting updates about my beautiful twins sometimes seems innappropriate. Having been in that space of "it's never going to happen for us" I can only imagine how grating it must be to read about happy little families...or it was at least for me. It would also be lovely to meet other families in ones own area. So I say go for it! Xx WJ

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wilson joy For This Useful Post:

Missleo  (30-12-2013),sootymay  (31-12-2013),Sunny15  (30-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Update

Well we have just had our scan and it's good news. It's twins!!! We have two perfect little bubs onboard with strong heartbeats. We are so excited. Thank you all so much for your support.

I hope 2014 brings good news and healthy babies to all of you on this journey x

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Abundance1 For This Useful Post:

bel2466  (16-01-2014),helenmac  (01-01-2014),lilypily  (01-01-2014),Missleo  (31-12-2013),Pixel  (31-12-2013),Sunny15  (30-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Abundance! You are truly living up to your BH name!
    Congratulations xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Abundance - Double congratulations.....such wonderful news.

Plimpy, Wilson Joy and Em - I think its a great idea for a another thread. AND I also think its still great for ladies that have received success to remain on this thread too....I think it gives inspiration....well I know it did for me.

Em - I was also a big fan of The Penny Chronicles....I haven't checked it for quite some time...is it still going? She also posted in the very early days of this thread but then stopped and I don't know what happened with her journey.

Feather - Sorry to hear of your BFN. I got a cold a couple of days after arriving in Cape Town...I must admit though, it certainly wasn't a bad one. I didn't have any fevers, just a bit of a sore throat and runny nose...not bad enough for me to take anything for it. I agree with Emski...it sounds like it could be an egg issue...it would be good to get a report from the embryologist and also your FS on how your donor "performed".

Net - Loved your comment "whilst temporarily down, Im not out"...good to see the journey is not over for you.

Sooty, Jodie, Laned -

AFM
    Timely that Im flying home tomorrow....get me away from all these baby shops...we surely lack in choice in Cairns!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been lurking here for a really long time and thought it was about time I fully joined in. In fact, it was Emski's mention of chatting to someone who is considering DE and also considering a way of being in touch after bubs are born that has given me the push to jump in and say Hi. I’m assuming you meant me, Emski!!

Anyway, a bit about our current situation. We’ve done 3 stims and I’m a pretty good responder. I get a good number of eggs but usually only one embryo to transfer at the end. On one cycle we got two. This year I've had 2 pregnancies, and sadly that became 2 miscarriages. The first one was a natural pregnancy…quite a surprise, but ended up as a M/C due to a trisomy 9. The second miscarriage was only just before Christmas so we don’t know the cause yet but we’re anticipating another chromosomal issue. I’m 41 and I’m pretty sure the issue is my old eggs.

So, at the moment we are trying to decide what to do next. We have one frostie which we will try, and if that fails we will either be doing one more ‘last-chance’ stim, or moving to DE. This is our first dilemma. Our FS thinks we should try one more stim but I’m in a fair bit of turmoil about whether that is worth the stress. I just want to be pregnant and have a pregnancy that I can enjoy, and that actually results in a baby.

So, if we go the DE route then we also have more decisions. SA (CFC) is the front-runner of overseas options but we've also had an offer of eggs from my younger sister. Massive pros there but also massive cons. Then there is the option of finding other donors here in Australia. Pros and Cons about that too.

I've really enjoyed following this thread. It gives me so much hope and I’m sure you’ll all be a wealth of information as we make our decisions.

As a side note, I was keen that if we do end up having a donor conceived child, then I’d really like to stay in contact with others who have also. I think it would be great for the kids to be friendly with other kids in the same situation. Perhaps I’m getting a little ahead of myself here. Actually not ‘perhaps’, I definitely am! I just think that if my child doesn't have contact with the donor then I’d love them to have contact with other kids conceived the same way.

x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (31-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Abundance we haven't had any twin pregnancies for a while. How very exciting

A big welcome to PLIMPY, Esperanza and MrsErinR

Oh Feather so sorry to hear your news it's devastating. I too am returning and starting from scratch with a different donor

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year and may we all have success on our baby safaris in 2014
    Last edited by January; 30-12-2013 at 16:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DONOR RESEARCHING
    Feather
    MrsErinR
    Esperanza
    Net3811
    mayaus

francesthecat
    Sahndi

DONOR SELECTED
    JodiW (Cape Town - FET ? )

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)
    Lily72 (Cape Town - ET ? May)
    Blinky76 (Cape Town - ET ? Mar)
    January (Cape Town - ET ? Mar)
    Angelmama74 (Cape Town - ET ? Mar)
    Emski72 (Cape Town - ET ? Mar)

COMMENCED MEDICATIONS
    thembs (Cape Town - ET 5 Feb)

IN CAPE TOWN FOR PROCEDURES

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP

BFP
    Helenmac (2x5D)
    PeaSoup (2x5D)
    Abundance1 (2x5D - twins)
    BB4Me (2x5D - singleton)
    Helonweels (2x5D - singleton)
    Pixel (2x4D - singleton)
    Rainbowchaser (2x3D frozen- boy) EDD 19/5/14
    Wishmeluck (1x5D - singleton)
    Sunny15 (2x5D - singleton) - EDD 16/4/14
    Anait (2x5D - singleton)
    Jennilee67 (2x5D - singleton)
    BJ04 (1x5D - singleton) - EDD 26/3/14
    AllieOop (2x5D - singleton)
    Araline (2x5D)

GRADUATES

Twowhites (boy - 13/12/13)
    Mamou17 (boy)
    Sardy (girl)
    Nicole72 (twin girls)

Missleo (boy & girl - 28/9/13)
    SVD (twin boys - 6/9/13)

Laned (boy - 24/4/13)
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Sahndi (boy)
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (boy & girl)
    SummerShine (boy)
    Sally08 (twins)
    PLIMPY

2013 STATS

BFP = 23 (19 fresh & 4 frozen/5 sets of twins)
    BFN =
    15 (11 fresh & 4 frozen)
    Pregnancy Loss = 1
    Bio-chemical = 2
    Unkown Results = 7

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (30-12-2013),Sunny15  (30-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsE - ...hi hun. Sorry to hear of your recent BFN. But Im glad that DE is on your radar....we now have a few ladies here from the IVF Over 40 thread...welcome. If you decide to go down the South Africa route, we are all here to help you along. This thread has made the journey so much less stressful for a lot of us. PS: I keep in touch with Micca and she is almost due.

I know there has been a few posts of late about accommodation. I think it was Missleo that gave me the tip of www.stayincapetown.co.za. I couldn't speak more highly of the site. We booked a place at Green Point and the guy that looks after the bookings, Koos, could not do enough for us...he even organised airport transfer for us. I realise that everyone has different tastes and ideas for accommodation, but in our case, we didn't want to stay too far out of town and we didn't want to stay in the CBD. We also wanted something fairly cheap and close to a lot of amenities, as at the time that we booked, we didn't know if we were going to hire a car or not (we ended up not hiring a car, but it is really easy driving around if you decide to). Green Point is up near the stadium, so about 10 to 15 minutes away from the CBD (we walked to the CBD a couple of times) and about 5 minutes walk from the V&A area. In the immediate vicinity of our self contained room was a Woolies, quite a number of restaurants and take aways (Italian, many Asian cuisines, burgers, fish n chips, ?American and ?South African cuisines etc) - there were also a couple of really nice ('posh') restaurants...I think we just about tried all of the them and can recommend all. There is also a coffee shop, a couple of great bars (try the Slug n Lettuce and also ?Hudsons on Main (a burger/bar place)), taxi rank, chemist, grog shop, a laundromat, hairdresser/beauty salon (I had a wonderful massage the afternoon before transfer!), a couple of clothes shops....oh and the best waffle/icecream place.

Green Point suited us as we always intended the trip to be a holiday of a lifetime, with a couple of doctors appointments and hopefully come back with a little springbok on board...we were only required at the clinic 4 times and that included an Intralipid Infusion. We did a number of tours and Green Point seemed to be a well known area to be picked up for tours. We used taxi's to get to and from the clinic, as they will wait for you for no extra charge and no matter how long you are in the clinic.....eventually we ended calling the same guy and he gave us great service....I think Rainbow may have done the same thing.

The V&A area is brilliant...eateries, bars, shopping (some shops are even cheaper than the Green Market Square), commencement of the red double decker bus tours, gateway to Robben Island, aquarium (not a great aquarium, we have better in Australia, but interactive and good on a rainy day).

We were there in July (winter) and as we are from Cairns, we had a real concern that our self contained unit maybe cold or drafty, as many ladies had previously posted that heating or air conditioning does not appear to be high on the priority list for accommodation places. We picked the right place with a great heater and it was toasty warm. You may need to check that your accommodation has heater/aircon as it is not automatically considered in a number of accommodation places.

Gosh, I have been rambling on a bit but I hope it all helps.
    Last edited by Sunny15; 30-12-2013 at 18:23.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (30-12-2013),Missleo  (31-12-2013),Net3811  (30-12-2013),thembs  (31-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Abundance, that is amazingly wonderful news. A really warm congratulations! You must be so relieved. A bleed isn't the best way to go about bumping yourself up the scan list but, hey, whatever works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Thanks for all your well wishes. Still sinking in at the moment but we are very excited and nervous at the same time.

I love the idea of a new thread for those that have had SA ED babies.

i know it can be really hard reading of everyone's success when you have had a BFN. But I also know it can also give you hope. For some of us it takes a few donors and a few trips to get pregnant and it helped me hearing of others like Helenmac that had a similar journey to me and now has Also achieved her BFP.

I too had severe bronchitis and Laryngitis just after my BFP. I don't think I have ever been so sick. My FS told me that our bodies are giving everything to the embryos which automatically lowers our immunity. It doesn't mean you have an immune issue, it's actually quite common in early pregnancy.

To all you wonderful strong ladies I truly hope 2014 is the year where all your dreams come true. Happy New Year. Stay positive

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Abundance1 For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (01-01-2014)