Closed Thread
Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Sooty... you are a trouper!

*Loss Mentioned*

I had another scan yesterday and no HB so went in for a D&C last night. I am ok though as I had prepared mentally, emotionally I don't feel too bad (yet). So I will give DH a week or so to grieve. I really think he was holding out hope - and then we have to discuss what our next step might be. SA our use the frostie from my crusty old eggs lol.

Will do a bit more investigating with the different agencies - have a few queries about any guarantees etc, discounts on second cycles etc. Could someone conf Irm which agency it is that is connected to CFC?

BB, I hope you have had some good news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Emski - I am very sorry to read of your loss. Even when expected and even when you have a plan, nothing can take away the 'what if' feelings. May your little angel baby watch over your DE journey. Xxx

sooty - I second Emski, you are a true warrior. Xx

Abundance - I heard a story similar to yours last week. A remarkable woman with two unsuccessful CT trips now has twins, gained on her third SA donor journey. This incredible woman is a pert of a multiples attended by one of my dear IVF warrior friends. Having everything crossed for you. Xx

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Abundance1  (26-11-2013),emski72  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Emski,

So sorry to hear of your loss, it's a terrible situation sending you a very big hug.

Like yourself I am still looking at the agencies for their option and pricing. I found a few of the CFC website.

Ive recently had a major surgery to remove a 16 cm cyst and infection from my ovary. And also now have an open wound which is going to take some time to heal. I strongly doubt ill ever be able to do a cycle with my own eggs again. After spending 1 month in hospital, I won't even want to. So I've come quite easily to my decision to use DE and Cape seems to be calling me and DH.

Big hugs everyone xxxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

emski72  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty - so sorry to hear your news. It really sucks

Emski - for you too sorry it has ended this way. I think EDSA has a link to CFC as one of the embryologists is involved in it somehow. At the moment there are 3 agencies recommended on their website including Nurture, Gift ov Life and EDSA.

Take care of yourselves ladies

7. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

emski72  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thank you ladies for your kind words
    We made the decision today that we are going to Capetown in late March Early April. Hubby is on board so I am feeling a lot more positive than I did when I woke up this morning! Something to look forward to.

Have just queried all the agencies for a bit more info and hopefully a look at their contracts before picking a donor - not sure how that will go down, but I like to see the fine print before committing to anything.
    I have also noticed a couple of donors listed on multiple agency sites - I really want to stipulate that I don't want a donor who has done back to back cycles... I know how out of whack my cycle was after an IVF ...not sure how they can monitor this though? Has anyone else asked about this?

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski & Sootysosorry to hear your news. Having trouble writing this using the iPad. I have a hcg of 190 so it's positive. I haven't been feeling well the last two days as I have had sharp pains in the abdominal area. Saw the Dr today and he sent me for urgent tests. He wanted the results by 1200hrs, he's a fill in dr for my regular GP. Well QML still hadn't sent the results thru by 4pm and I couldn't get the ultrasound done until 320pm then the report takes another couple of hours so no result today. The guy who did the ultrasound did say he could find no indication of an ectopic pregnancy and the embryo sac appears to be in the uterus although too small to see anything yet so that one good thing. He also said I have fluid in the abdominal area, I don't know what that means so hopefully tomorrow I will have some answers. I lost my June baby, don't want to lose this one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski, Dr Matebese CFC told me that Ababysa is reputable and they often work with them. So far with my dealings with them they have been fabulous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    BB congratulations! How many dpo are you? Hopefully the pains aren't anything serious, are you waiting for a follow up beta?
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks Angelmama, yes Lara sent me a great email earlier today - they just don't seem to have many donors at the moment, but you never know who is going to turn up soon do you?
    Rikki at Sunshine sent me a suggested donor based on my photo who was the donor I had my eye on a few weeks ago - she looks a bit like me as a kid. Trust me to want the one with at the most expensive agency!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski / Franscat - so sorry to hear both your recent struggles... makes my recent eposide seem small in comparsions... I think anyone that goes through a month in hopsitsl with cysts or m/c's is so strong... luckily I've never been through any of that... and I often wonder how I would cope... just heartbreaking... but you are so strong ladies and awesome news you can move forward now.. .those secondary plans make a huge difference don't they.

BB4 - Whoo hoo !!!! Hoping it all goes smoothly for you this time... I can only imagine the anxiety 2nd time round... but great news you're on you're way so far !! xx

Agencies - ok... I'm not going to say too much about individual agencies or some things I have heard, some on here, some when I was over there from other "non forum" ladies that have been to Cape Town for ED more than once (that I met whilst there... I did ALOT of research.. and found out a fair bit... my understanding is EDSA is part owned by a partner in CFC... no problem with that.. read that on here. Lots of agencies won't give you refunds, nor discounts - ask them outright... and keep asking, point blank, until you get an answer.

I... as you probably are all already aware, am quite a talker and need information...though sometimes I surprise myself and don't ask the right questions... having said that... I dealt with all of them too: EDSA. Baby2mom, Sunshine, GiftovLife, ababysa and more..... out of all of them... from email responses.... I found Giftovlife and ababysa the most helpful and sincere, hearts in the right places and discounts offered for 2nd attempts AND wont lock you in, to using them again, should a donor cycle go wrong.... ask the questions...

Having said that - I was looking for the right donor... not the agency.. and that's the tricky part. We would have gone where the donor was and hoped like heck that nothing went wrong along the way... and I guess we would still have to do that this time. Both giftovlife and ababysa - pushed that all the way through.. you've got to find the right donor for you... and unfortunately they didn't always have who we were looking for either... I poured for hours over donors.... it was the hardest decision.

I met Lara from abaysa when we were there. I spent over an hour in the coffee shop next to the clinic (Tina was away) - they have both been fabulous... upmost professionalism, following their donors all the way through from go to who. Checking, "has your period arrived, when do you expect it?"... checking they have booked into the clinic, checking they went, had their apt, understood the process, the drugs to take, have they got the correct blood test forms... leaving absolutely no stone unturned or anything to chance - phoning the clinic to advise, the donor will be in and when. Gosh... I'm starting to sound like I work for them - ha ha... I probably would if I could.... its an amazing job from what I can see. But honestly. I cant sing their praises highly enough... but once again... if we can't find our next donor through them... we're going to have to look further afield too and they encourage that... you've got to be 100% happy with your choice.

Anyways... hope that helps... Mandy and Tami from Giftovlife are amazing too.. and I felt so awful we couldn't find a donor with them... as I spent soooo much time emailing back and forth about donors, clinics, doctors etc.

AFM - Dr Matthias wants to "tweak" my immune treatment... not sure why, as gave him the background on the embryos & unless he does further bloods???...but have a phone apt booked so will see what he says.

Hi to anyone I've missed.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (27-11-2013),MGC Bertie  (06-01-2014)