Closed Thread
Page 27 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks rainbow, it's terribly hard on your body doing back to back. I did it myself and had a lot of pain.

I guess they could go to clinic to clinic and it could avoid detection.

Does anyone know what the average wage is in SA because I know it equates to approx $700ish they are reimbursed so is that considered a lot and a motivation for donating so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, it is hard on the body doing back-to-back cycles.

$700 is a considerable amount of money in SA. The clinic stipulates that they write a cheque for this amount to the donor so that they are not carrying a large amount of cash around with them.

I think that every clinic should be linked to a central database so that they can monitor exactly how many times donors have donated and when. Its a huge burden on the donors body, but the effect of back to back multiple donations is likely to result in poor cycle outcomes for the recipient as well. It is beyond me why this loophole has not been closed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Here is some interesting reading on incomes in South Africa. Just remembering that this website has average monthly incomes....

http://www.salaryexplorer.com/salary...=201&loctype=1

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

angelmama74  (24-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone

I know I've been MIA and I am hesitating writing this in light of other bubhubber's results.

We have been and come back from SA. I was on a 'kitchen sink' protocol which my local FS was not particularly impressed with and,considering my bruising from the Clexane, neither am I. I also had an intralipid infusion in SA.

Our donor (from Nurture) produced 16 eggs and 10 were fertilised. For me, this is an amazing result because my endo and POF meant that I never responded to IVF drugs.

Six embryo's continued with two transferred to me on 4th Dec (including one awesome, about to hatch one that Dr Heylen was most happy about). Four were frozen. Just having embryo's to transfer and freeze was like a huge weight lifted from me. I may actually get pregnant! I had options! It wasn't the end of the road for us!

We flew home and I proceeded to ignore the 2ww by starting on thesis ideas (I am a mature age uni student), reading trashy novels and doing Christmas shopping.

I resisted the urge to POAS and had my first blood test on 13 Dec. bHCG was 106. Hmmm....
    Second bHCG on 16 Dec was 361. Starting to get excited.....
    Third bHCG today (23 Dec) was 7320. Holy moly!

So I guess I'm pregnant!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PeaSoup For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (09-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations Peasoup! Woohoo! I love hearing these stories... so excited for you and those numbers are increasing well. And youve got a few siblings too!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

PeaSoup  (24-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Pea Soup - fantastic news.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

PeaSoup  (24-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Peasoup! That is wonderful news.

To all those who have supported me so brilliantly, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope those who have not had their dreams come true yet, reach them soon.

May you all have a wonderful Christmas and New Year holiday. I will be surprising my mother by showing up in Brisbane for christmas. I had told her I could not come but in a wine induced spirit of generosity, booked my flights. It will be a lightning visit, but one she will appreciate.

I also know that my family probably want to sympathise and give me a bit of love in person and that, although it will be emotional for me, this is probably a good time to be with them.

I have been looking into refinancing the majority of my credit card debt into my home loan and have had market evaluations that are likely to make this possible, so I am feeling a weight lifted off my shoulders a bit. In a year I will likely be debt free and can look at my options again.

Once again thanks to you all and I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to say a special thanks to all of you for your wonderful support this year and a big Merry Christmas

This forum has been a life saver for gaining direction when we were deciding which path to take for ED. It has also given me hope, strength and reassured me in difficult times.

The friends I have made that are going through the same thing and the ones that have personally emailed me and gone out of their way to support me has been of more help than you can imagine. I know it's a online world... something I have never been a part of in the past, but this is special and you have made this journey so much easier for me.

So from the bottom of my heart I thank you all, and wish you a wonderful Christmas. For those of you enjoying new babies and those that are pregnant, enjoy this special time - we all strive to join you soon!

Special thanks to ...
    Pixel
    Abundance
    Helenmac
    Rainbow
    Makey
    BB4
    Crystal
    Jodie and
    Tiggy & Megabergs from the NKC forum.

I hope I haven't missed anyone.

Lots of Love Sooty

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (26-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peasoup - just read your post - FANTASTIC NEWS... You lucky thing....!! Whoo hoo.. that is so super super wonderful - and just in time for Xmas - Yipee...

Rainbow - Its your big scan today!! Thinking of you

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

PeaSoup  (24-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Merry Christmas to all the ladies in this thread and our lurkers
    I hope that we all get our bundle of joy in the upcoming year - thank you all for your support and guidance throughout this journey and for sharing your stories so that myself an others are brave enough to make the same journey.
    Em x