Closed Thread
Page 26 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Did anyone have an AMH done on their donor? I did with ours and her level is 3.47ng/ml and she is 24.

I don't know much about the test or if the level is good. The clinic said it looked good but I always doubt.

Anyone got any insight?

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Net - so sorry to read your news. Life can be so unfair sometimes. Be kind to yourself with lots of pampering. You WILL be a mummy one day. Take care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angel most Australian AMH testing is done in Pmol/L with anything between 15-30 being 'normal'. Anything above 30 would indicate poly cystic ovaries.anything below 15 can indicate poor ovarian reserve/poor quality (and subsequently poor responder)

To convert your donors result the equation would be:

3.47 ng/mL x 1000mL/1 x 1mol/140kg

So your donors result would be
    24.79, so her results are excellent

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

angelmama74  (20-12-2013),sootymay  (22-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky I hope your payment went through OK.
    Angel congrats on your donor's AMH. That must make you happy.

Blood test definitely confirmed a BFN. The clinic in Barbados are really shocked and upset. They've never had a complete failure from that batch before. Everyone else has transferred two and ended up with a singleton pregnancy so the success rate is definitely just 50% but they just expected that I would be OK like everyone else was.

They want me to have further immune testing before trying again. I can't help feeling a bit punished for failing. I looked into immune testing but it is extremely difficult and expensive in Perth and intrallipids aren't available here anyway. I had the usual Thyroid tests done such as optimal TSH and antibodies and they all came back great. My FS and GP thought my testing was a bit of overkill actually so I am finding the expectations from Barbados hard at the moment.

My first mission will be to refinance my home loan and pay the credit card debt down. That is going to take a couple of years. I'm not sure I can sustain the emotional momentum for that long and also need to balance it with how late in life I feel I can be a first time mother.

I have found the disappointment of others hard and that is the bit that tends to make me cry. As i thought I would, I feel humiliated at my failure as I can't help comparing it with the success of all the others who used that batch. It feels like a big black mark against me. And what if this eventual testing does reveal nothing?

My mother is having a big family Christmas and desperately wanted me to be there including paying my air fare to make it possible. I felt guilty leaving the cat on her own for Christmas after having just come back so declined. In a drunken moment last night, I changed my mind and booked an airfare for a lightning quick visit, swore my sister to secrecy and begged an early morning pick-up. My sister is incredibly excited and happy and can't wait to "reveal" me at christmas lunch. My mad old lady neighbour will be kind enough to feed and keep Silky company for a while. Poor Silky, I really do feel so guilty leaving her but this BFN has been hard on the hopes of the whole family and I know they would really love to have me there.

have a lovely day everyone. Helen, everything crossed for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Net- I'm so sorry to hear your news and I'm so glad you are going to visit family for support. I'm thinking of you

Sooty- I hope you've got some good news xxx
    abundance - congratulations I'm so happy for you

Laned - happy birthday!!! Hope your thyroid sorts itself out, sounds like it's getting there hope you feel okay.

feather- thanks for sharing and good luck with your 2ww

Blinky - nice AMH calculations Great to hear things are moving faster

helen Mac - so excited for your news - such a great result - can't wait for your NYE good news

Twowhites - that's the best news congratulations - funny I was looking at the role call on the day of your post thinking two whites must be due soon. Enjoy your Xmas with you little man.

Thanks for asking after me Jodi and Sooty, all has been moving along nicely. I have a belly but l still look mostly like I'm fat as I have gained weight all over but all for a good cause I had a checkup on Wednesday with my Dr so was so glad to see my little one who was perfect and very active he says. My placenta is at the front so he says I might not feel movement as quickly but today I thought I could feel a butterfly movement which brought tears to my eyes with joy. I am still pinching myself and have found the last month to be full of emotions, which for the first time in 7 years of fertility pain are joyful emotions. My DH has been especially tearful as we try to absorb just how lucky we feel to have a little baby on board.

I hope each and everyone is able to continue to their journey to motherhood and know that you can achieve your dream. I know how hard the wait is and I never believed it would happen, I know everyone's story is different but I feel like if it could happen for me it can happen for everyone.

wishing you all a great Christmas

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was just thinking and my husband says that is dangerous lol but do they have a registry for donors? and the amount of times they donate?

I see many adhere to the SASREG rules conduct so do they monitor how many donations are given?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's an interesting question Angel... I tried to look into it when I researched a potential donor . This particular donor had completed 6 donations (we would have been her 7th if we picked her). The only info I could glean was that there does not seem to be a central database as such. Clinics like CFC do try to monitor the frequency that donors are used but if they happen to be requested at other clinics or overseas it becomes a little difficult to track.
    For us it was a concern that a potential donor would donate so many times (and the potential risk /harm she may have in doing so) so it was a deciding factor in our end choice..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have emailed the sasreg but surely they would have to provide id! I was only thinking about it because some people had seen donors on multiple sites.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I have definitely seen donors on multiple sites. In particular they seem to come up on one site with just their baby photos and then again on global egg donors/travelling egg donor websites where they show adult photos. The reason I worked it out was because I found profiles that were literally identical in every way (age,height,eye colour, home town as well as family/medical history).
    At first I thought it was coincidental but then I found more that matched some of our own 'finalists' and the profiles matched word for word.
    I imagine the reason they can do do this (show adult photos, multiple sites is because the global egg donor site/s aren't SA based and therefore perhaps aren't governed by sarseg.
    For us if we found matches that appeared on multiple sites we omitted them from our list of potentials. We worried that there was something not quite right about a donor that would want to be on so many sites, taking away from the altruistic nature of the donation)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angel - I believe there are only limitations on the number of children the donor can create, not the amount of times that she donates. I think this is the only major flaw with the whole process. I fully believe that our original donor came off a back-to-back cycle. I think this is a loophole they need to close.