Closed Thread
Page 17 of 92 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well that answers that... Dr M is away until January
    #patienceishardwhenyoujustwantthejobdone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hey Blinky - Penny on the Penny Chronicles blog used Aevitas http://www.aevitas.co.za/ I've heard of a few others using them too but not as many as CFC, which is probably why they are so busy. Might be worth checking them out though if you have a set time frame for going over.
    http://thepennychronicles.wordpress.com/
    Em x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (09-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am only a passive viewer on this thread - however I came across the following that may worth thinking over:

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...Czech-Republic

Good luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ejj87 For This Useful Post:

angelmama74  (09-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt like that too blinky but I had some correspondence with her and with discussing with my husband he said did I like her and when I said I did and found her to be quick and responds emails promptly he said why not stay with her.

Just saw you last post, that really sucks. I hate waiting especially with something like this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to angelmama74 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (09-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are taxis expensive in Cape Town? Still weighing up the pros and con re hiring a car especially when I can hire a car for 8 days for $160

Thanks
    Reviews
    Net - whoooohooo. Hoping you are letting yourself relax and go into snuggle mode. Enjoy theCaribbean sunshine. As for the rooster it may be a sign, fertilised eggs and all Have everything crossed for you.

Angel mumma - taxis are very cheap, comparatively to Brisvegas. From memory you can get one from 12 Rand/km. That said, if you are planning on getting out and about a fair bit the car would be the way to go. When you hire a car and then park it somewhere, the etiquette is to pay car guards 5-10 Rand to look after the car. Sometimes when you get back the are gone .

We jumped on the hop on hope off bus for a couple of days and got our bearings and then hired a car. At one point we even tailed the bus to get to where we wanted to go. Was all a very fun adventure.

The car was great as we then drove to all the little towns around CT, went to see the penguins in Simons Town and then down to the Cape. Much cheaper than paying for a tour or cab.
    Last edited by laned; 09-12-2013 at 17:10.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

angelmama74  (09-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by laned View Post
    the etiquette is to pay car guards 5-10 Rand to look after the car. Sometimes when you get back the are gone .
    The car or the guard is gone lol?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This might be a stupid q'n but do you need an international licence or something to drive over there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Apparently not Blinky - just your local license with your photo on it is enough to hire a car there. I'm thinking of doing half and half. The apartment we are looking at renting has the hop on hop off bus out the front we might just do that and a driver for a few days - get out bearings and hire a car for a few day trips, winery tours etc.

We paid CFC today - have had a brilliant day where everything has gone my way.

DH has gone from not being sure at all about Cape Town to being quite excited by it which is great. We both had to go to the GP for tests and referrals for other tests, neither of us saw our usual doctors though as they weren't on - DH got a doctor from South Africa (!) who was telling him how much he was going to love Cape Town and all the things to do there - so he came back all excited finally. She was apparently asking him all about the donor cycle and how/why we chose SA - she was really interested in it all.

And the GP I saw wrote me all the scripts I need for my cycle which is brilliant! So I don't need to panic about my appointment with my FS being in late Jan - I was worried it was going to be too late. That's a big load off for me.

I also had a chat to a guy from work who is from Cape Town - after Mandela's passing I was a bit concerned it might go through a period of upheaval or turbulence but he said it will be fine, in fact he and his family are going over in March too. He said South Africa is fine if you have money - it's when you don't have money it is a problem... just stay in the touristy areas and all will be fine. This put my mind at ease a lot - because as there have been a lot of docos on due to Mandela passing you see how turbulent their past has been, I started to worry a bit. We watched a great one last night on NITV - DH stayed up and watched the whole thing too.

I got an email from my nurse this afternoon and she said my cycle is still on track for March as I was a bit concerned after your post this morning Blinky... but I've been corresponding with Dr Le Roux for a while now so maybe that's made a difference? Or maybe my donor is more available for appointments than yours... who knows in this caper!?

Anyway I hope you sorted your cycle out - did you look at the aevitas site?

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, well I'm back from SA. Had a terrible time before I left with a peptic ulcer brought On by Dex and clexane so had to wean off both and luckily my health improved and I could fly. It was touch and go. But All went well and I have two excellent quality embryos on board. In the 2WW but only a few days to go now. Its My birthday tomorrow so hoping to get some good news this week. Feeling a little nauseous and tired but not allowing myself to think anything as I felt this way with a BFN and a biochemical. Just taking it one day at a time. Thanks for all your support.

I would also recommend dr Matebase. She is lovely and has good success with the Aussies.

I always get a hire car as they're so cheap and it's so easy and safe to drive around Cape Town. You just need to ensure you don't leave anything visible in the car. Out everything in the boot. You don't need an international licence.

Net will be thinking about you too in the 2WW. We really need some good news